Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tony Watt (9.95/10) and Morgan Fox (8.16/10) make Championship team of the week (2/3/15)

2»

Comments

• Really like Fox and only a youngster so don't like to be too critical but thought he had a very poor first half

Can't really agree. I can't think of that many chances created by Huddersfield in the first half, certainly none you can pinpoint to Fox being beaten or out of position. Unfortunately the memory of his previous (genuinely poor) performances colour the memory, people blow every stumble into a calamity.
  • what is whoscored.com and how are the marks arrived at?
  • Salad said:

what is whoscored.com and how are the marks arrived at?

like Squawka it uses the Opta stats and using its own fomulae comes up with their own stats, if you look at their site you can see how they do it, more or less.
  • thenewbie said:

Really like Fox and only a youngster so don't like to be too critical but thought he had a very poor first half

Can't really agree. I can't think of that many chances created by Huddersfield in the first half, certainly none you can pinpoint to Fox being beaten or out of position. Unfortunately the memory of his previous (genuinely poor) performances colour the memory, people blow every stumble into a calamity.
    Never saw the previous game so not clouded by any prior view and as I say I rate him. But I know what I watched on Saturday and thought he had a poor first half and looked vulnerable. Wouldn't have mentioned it as everyone, particularly young players are going to have the odd bad game/ poor spell in a game but seeing him named in team of the week because it must have been a shocking week for left backs in the Championship if his performance made him stand out.

• Inb4 "he's not a youngster he's in his early 20s"

I'm 23 and if anyone were posting pelters at me on social media and forums about my job performance I'd be a wreck.

Well done foxy, keep up the hard work!
  • Very pleased for Fox. He's not the most gifted footballer, but he's worked very hard to make the most of what he's got. and should have a decent career in the game. I'm sure his parents are very proud of him, as they have every right to be. It's also an achievement for Watt when you consider his short time in this league.
  • I'm quite surprised Fox got in team of the week going by the marks he got on the other thread. 4 - Seriously ? This was by far his best game for us. He looked like he was playing with more confidence. First half he put a couple of dangerous crosses in, I think some on here underestimate that he has quite a decent left foot. Not in JBG league but still decent. I do not think Scannel got past him once on Saturday. Hopefully he now gains more confidence and grows into that position although I think he is destined to be a CB.
  • 1989cafc said:

I'm quite surprised Fox got in team of the week going by the marks he got on the other thread. 4 - Seriously ? This was by far his best game for us. He looked like he was playing with more confidence. First half he put a couple of dangerous crosses in, I think some on here underestimate that he has quite a decent left foot. Not in JBG league but still decent. I do not think Scannel got past him once on Saturday. Hopefully he now gains more confidence and grows into that position although I think he is destined to be a CB.

To be honest, those slagging him have gone to ground. However, when he makes his next mistake they will be back.
  • I think Fox had a very good game on Saturday. His best for Charlton without doubt. Well done to him.
  • To 1989cafc,

Morgan fox has played at CB for U21,

This season, we have Bikey,Gomez,TBH,Onyewu, Lennon, and Thomas.

To name just 6, even Cousins was a CB until he was 17.
    With Jordan i wonder if he was converted to midfield because that always seem to
    be the quickest route to the 1st team. Plus he has a great engine.

As we can't afford super star reserves as long as
    Fox and Wilson get between 6.5 to 7.5 as scores on the doors,
    they will be doing fine, Before Saturday they have been below this,
    On 2014/15 season Marks.

• Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:

Fox is growing as a player. Was very clear how much he improved on Saturday's performance - it always takes a few to catch up! Somebody scored him a 4 lol!!!!

It seems that some people mark a player down because of prejudice, rather than actual performance.

I think people often want to identify a weak point in the team and then they can say: "Well if we just had a better left back we'd be much higher up the table". This player also gets a disproportionate amount of blame when the team loses (Simon Francis for example) when it's really never as simple as that.
  • To 1989cafc,

Morgan fox has played at CB for U21,

This season, we have Bikey,Gomez,TBH,Onyewu, Lennon, and Thomas.

To name just 6, even Cousins was a CB until he was 17.
    With Jordan i wonder if he was converted to midfield because that always seem to
    be the quickest route to the 1st team. Plus he has a great engine.

As we can't afford super star reserves as long as
    Fox and Wilson get between 6.5 to 7.5 as scores on the doors,
    they will be doing fine, Before Saturday they have been below this,
    On 2014/15 season Marks.

Soapbox, I think he will eventually end up a CB, (I don't think he has the agility to be a successful LB). I doubt he will ever be a CB for CAFC though,

Players marks should be on per match basis not on what they did the week before. For me a 7 was the correct mark for Fox on Saturday, done his job nothing more nothing less and was part of a winning side. To mark him as low as a 4 ???? WTF would he need to do to get a 10 !!

I hope he continues being a 7 tonight. COYR !!