Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tony Watt (9.95/10) and Morgan Fox (8.16/10) make Championship team of the week (2/3/15)

edited March 2015 in General Charlton
Well done to both of them.

According to whoscored.com:

Comments

• Well done both but especially Foxy - that will surprise a few on here!
  • I bet the Millwall fans are happy to see Pennant in there! :wink:
  • Crikey, what was Tony to do to get a 10?!
  • Fair play to Fox. Didn't think he did well myself but maybe I was being too critical against a quality winger.
  • I thought Fox had a good game Saturday but other on here thought otherwise and now hes' in the team of the week.
    Just go's to show its a game of opinions.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fox was excellent at the weekend. I think Johnson helps as he is guiding the younger players and is a natural leader. Fox won a few good tackles and his general distribution was better. A couple of decent overlaps and crosses too if I recall correctly.

Tony Watt was generally superb. He looks a bit special and I think something has just clicked for him with us.
  • iaitch said:

Fox had as good a game as everyone else but he always gets marked down.

Every little thing is picked up and commented on like when he volleyed the ball into his face.

Gomez on the other hand only gets compliments, he went for one powerful header on the halfway line and it ended up behind him but no comment on here.

To be fair that was hilarious
  • Foxy Bingo had a decent game on Saturday, Scannell is no mug and he dealt with him very well
  • Well done both but especially Foxy - that will surprise a few on here!

This - He's looking solid at the back at the moment. Well done to him. We need to be more patient with younger players.
    Like, like, like!

post of the season!
  • Fox's gradual but definite improvement probably should go down as another positive for Luzon in fairness. It's done him good having the commanding Johnson backing him up instead of Andre 'Rampaging Rhino' Bikey, but that was a Luzon signing. Considering we went from conceding five against Watford and it's now 3 clean sheets in four games, with Foxy playing his part, shows Luzon must have kept faith in him and backed him in training, given him some confidence.

Considering how many Lifers/Addicks in general were happy to pretty much right Fox off completely just last month, he's come on a long way... though still some way to go yet. His biggest problem is probably Solly (and to a lesser extent Gomez) stepping straight in and looking accomplished and experienced right from the start, and now everyone expects all academy grad defenders to be THAT good - which is not really feasible.
  • I think we have to see that Fox and Wiggins are two different types of full back. Wiggins goes charging upfield on his own or overlapping the left midfielder.

Fox on the other hand is a more defensive player, maybe because he lacks pace and if he gets caught upfield he can't get back.

Similarly years ago we had John Humphrey and Mark Reid as our full backs. Humphrey would regularly get forward but Reid not very often.

Two different types of player but both an asset to the team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fox and Buyens have taken on the scapegoat role for the team, and Fox's inclusion in team of the week makes the people giving him such ridiculous scores as 4 look seriously silly.

People give players like this low marks after a performance like we saw just to keep in with the crowd. Rather than based on any logic at all.

Thought Fox had a very good game on Saturday - and against a tricky winger in Scannell

I agree Fox has been a scapegoat, but any criticism of Buyens is fully justified. Even on Saturday he was a passenger at times.
  • Fox is growing as a player. Was very clear how much he improved on Saturday's performance - it always takes a few to catch up! Somebody scored him a 4 lol!!!!

The good thing was most CL did judge him on that match only, hence why he got
    The Len Goodman Sev.......en, if most of us could watch that back, the whole 90 minutes, we would have scored him a tad higher.

I wonder if having a character like Ro Jo alongside him will help or hinder his development ? So far it's looks to be helping.

Gomez is a different class To Morgan, but Fox can still have a decent career in football whether with us or with a good 1st division side (not CAFC hopefully)

The day Bob Got sacked, was the day of the U21 game against Millwall at
    Sparrows lane, and had a chat not about Bob but how Joe Pigott was getting on at Southend and because Morgan had been getting Pelters just offered words of comfort. He seemed to appreciate the sentiments.

• Rothko said:

Foxy Bingo had a decent game on Saturday, Scannell is no mug and he dealt with him very well

I too thought Fox had a good game but personally feel Scannel is absolute turnip. He's never delivered when I've seen him play.

• That's cos Fox is usually marking him.
  • From the Nottingham Forest game for the rest of the season I shall incorporate the whoscored.com overall average in the Statbank instead of the Squawka mark as it seems to give a more realistic mark.
  • Fox is growing as a player. Was very clear how much he improved on Saturday's performance - it always takes a few to catch up! Somebody scored him a 4 lol!!!!

It seems that some people mark a player down because of prejudice, rather than actual performance.

• True Oggy, the bandwagon effect, one person marks him down the rest follow.
  • Oggy Red said:

Fox is growing as a player. Was very clear how much he improved on Saturday's performance - it always takes a few to catch up! Somebody scored him a 4 lol!!!!

It seems that some people mark a player down because of prejudice, rather than actual performance.

Yes pity, I think there is some truth in this
  • Really like Fox and only a youngster so don't like to be too critical but thought he had a very poor first half