Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Razil Stands Down as Trust Chair

2»

Comments

• Many thanks Barnie. The time had come for the trust to be set up and your enthusiasm and eye for detail made sure it was set up right. I suspect that the Trust will be an integral part of what being a Charlton supporter means and needs both now and in the future, lets hope the clubs owner will see this too.
  • Whatever anyones opinion on the trust is, surely everyone must agree what a massive amount of work Razil must have put in since that first meeting.

Well done fella, enjoy the MA and the well earned rest.
  • edited March 2015
    Barnie, thank you for all the hard work and dedication in getting the Trust not just up and running but also looking like a viable organisation which is here for the long-term. Enjoy your retirement!
  • Well done @razil for all you did in setting up the trust and the ongoing work, which has seen it grow. Not everyone agreed with you but even the dissenters know how hard you have worked. I have no idea how you found the time to do it all Barnie and you will be a difficult person to replace. However thanks for having the 'vision' to get the Trust off the ground.
  • Always had the utmost respect for Razil. Measured and calm, ever the gentleman in the face of brickbats and snide comments.
    Good for you, dear boy.
  • Can only really echo the comments of appreciation already expressed. Enjoy the well earned break Barnie and good luck in your studies.
  • Should also add life would have been a lot harder at the start without the generosity of defunct Essex Addicks, Bromley and Jean NWKA as well as one or two other sponsors who helped us fund some of the early big runs of TNT. And the goodwill of lot of fans and people who continue to sign up as Members.

Cheers again

R

• All the best and good luck.

So who's the temporary chair person? Mr Clarke? I take it there would have to be an EGM to vote in the next chair person?
  • shirty5 said:

All the best and good luck.

So who's the temporary chair person? Mr Clarke? I take it there would have to be an EGM to vote in the next chair person?

No, the Trust rules (as it the case with all Supporters' Trusts within Supporters Direct) is that the chair is elected by the board. An announcement is imminent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Leading something where there is a lot of emotion involved is tough. @razil has done an excellent job to get this off the ground. I am sure he agrees that the job is not completed but he has laid a platform and a standard that others must seek to follow. Hats off to you, Sir.
  • Bit late to the party here but just want to say a big thank you to @razil for establishing the trust and some great initiatives in the last couple of years.
  • Just a quick "well done" and Thank You for all you've done for the Trust and the club.
    The person taking over has a great act to follow....
  • Never had the pleasure of meeting you; however, what an amazing shift you put in.
  • sincere thanks getting the trust off the ground has given our club an extra layer of security and is now a significant pressure group ..an admirable achievement
  • Very sad. I give my thanks for all his hard work and would like to wish him well in all his endeavours.
  • Thanks for all the hard work and you can be proud of your achievements.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just wanted to add well done Barnie for all your hard work, and for no real personal reward other than the satisfaction of building relationships between the fans and the club owners. It's a hard thing to put yourself in the firing line of the position you have held and you deserve great credit for it.