Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Great job Razil
  • Barnie was a huge driving force behind The Trust. He started with an idea and drove it forward into being a very important voice for all Charlton fans. He deserves great credit. Big shoes to fill.
  • I too would like to pay tribute to Barney. I was critical about the timing of the Powell article but in the main I think he has been a good Chair and I understand the pressures that he must have endured.

I just hope that a suitable credible successor emerges both in the short term and the longer term .
  • Not a fan of the anti-Roland brigade/critical messages coming from the Trust, but have to say Razil has always appeared more rounded in his posts. A sad day indeed.
    Just hope it was due to demands else where.
  • Very good article and want to add my thanks to @razil for all the hard work, patience, diplomacy, thick-skinnedness and achievements on all our behalfs.
  • seth plum said:

Barnie deserves phenomenal credit for the immense efforts he has put in, especially the sure footed way he walked the tightrope in the early days of the Trust. A true Charlton Athletic fan, a true Charlton Athletic man, and even though they may not know it, many supporters have reason to thank Barnie now, and I suspect in the future too.

This

• Sponsored links:

• Sad news, Barnie but hope it means your work/life balance is ...well, more balanced as a result.

I know how thankless the task of being the main man/woman in an organisation can be.

Well done for all your hard work towards the secure establishment of CAST.

• Thanks for all your efforts Barnie.
  • Sad news, Barnie but hope it means your work/life balance is ...well, more balanced as a result.

I know how thankless the task of being the main man/woman in an organisation can be.

Well done for all your hard work towards the secure establishment of CAST.

That's exactly the thing. The Trust is now established. No small feat and in no small part due to Barnie.

• Many thanks @razil for all your courage and hard work towards setting up the trust, lets hope the trust and Charlton go from strength to strength and good luck with all your new ventures.
  • Respect to Bernie
  • I don't know you Razil, but thanks for what you have done for the betterment of CAFC
  • All the best Raz. Thanks for the hard work you've put in to date. Hopefully this means you can now continue with your studies and pass with flying colours.
  • edited March 2015
    I'd just like to add my thanks. Life is busy enough, so I have enormous respect for all those who have given their time to establishing the trust.

Edit - just read the link properly. I also started an MA last year, part time and it is a nightmare, time wise. Makes his achievement all the more impressive.
  • met him on a number of occasions, speaks very well and seems like a top bloke, well done and thanks for everything you have done.
  • Thanks Barnie for all the work you must've put into setting up what is now a very strong trust. On a personal level, thanks for giving a younger fan some faith in allowing me the opportunity to write content for the trust website in those early months and, on occasion, the CAS Trust magazine too.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think Barnie did a phenomenal job, I'm am always in awe of such people with that level of drive and determination. To achieve what the Trust has done under his leadership is quite remarkable. Well done and thanks Barnie and good luck with the MA.

Just one thing though. What on earth is there to argue about in a table cloth?
  • Stig said:

I think Barnie did a phenomenal job, I'm am always in awe of such people with that level of drive and determination. To achieve what the Trust has done under his leadership is quite remarkable. Well done and thanks Barnie and good luck with the MA.

Just one thing though. What on earth is there to argue about in a table cloth?

Not a lot, but Barnie can always find something................

• Thanks Barnie @razil for all your hard work. Respect!
  • Many, many congratulations on what has been a great achievement.
  • Barnie R.I.P (Razil Instigates Parting)........
  • edited March 2015
  • Without people like barnie this club wouldn't be the club that it is. Thanks barnie for all of your efforts regarding the club. All the best for the future. Big boots to fill. Who's going to step up to the plate. Whoever does let's give them the support that they need. Once again thanks barnie.
  • Thanks Barnie, you put in a helluva lotta work, and I know that it was hard sometimes for you when you had to take a fair bit of flak. The fact that you kept going through it all says a lot about your determination to keep the CAFC roadshow going. Thank you x
  • edited March 2015

Well said AFKA. Worth noting that with Barnie's drive the Supporters Trust has become the 3rd largest in the Championship, behind Blackburn and Leeds only who both have quite some issue to work through. There are others involved in previous attempts who will know just how difficult this was and therefore what an achievement this has been.

From me, thank you Barnie.