Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Brits 15

Anyone watching ? (Clue slagging from the music officianados)

How good is that Sam Smith singing live?

Comments

• Surreal that Royal Blood are nominated for the same award as Coldplay and One Direction.
  • Just left her in the front room watching it while I look at duck decoys on me computer in the bedroom. True story
  • I don't like any modern pop music, it's all vomit inducing cringe. To top all this off, they're rolling out the old dog Madonna at some point. Great
  • cabbles said:

I don't like any modern pop music, it's all vomit inducing cringe. To top all this off, they're rolling out the old dog Madonna at some point. Great

Ha, I'm a pop princess I reckon !

• Kanye forgetting his words, shocking
  • They probably should have checked what song Kanye was doing rather than muting half the song.
  • Shame they didn't mute the rest of it
  • Is he saying nigger or something similar as surely 'ordinary' swearing is allowed after the watershed??
  • Sponsored links:

• Swear I just saw Big Vern in the background.
  • cabbles said:

I don't like any modern pop music, it's all vomit inducing cringe. To top all this off, they're rolling out the old dog Madonna at some point. Great

Ha, I'm a pop princess I reckon !

AFKA I know it's one for the families like the voice and X Factor etc, and I know at some point in the future I'm sure I'll have to sit through it if I have kids. Doesn't make it any easier to watch though :wink:

I'll get back in my grumpy cave now and let u enjoy your show.

Seriously though, Madonna??? Hasn't done a good song since Vogue
  • Just see the last 5 minutes. Speechless for once and offended
  • Yep he said it, but it's ok when blacks say it apparently.
  • Pelham123 said:

Swear I just saw Big Vern in the background.

They'll never take him alive!
  • Don't watch those shows @cabbles but do like a bit of Take That, Madonna, Taylor Swift, Megan (gola) Trainers, Jess Glyne, Sigma etc, popular / dance 'shite' etc. amazing how it's uncool to like this sort of music yet it seems to sell millions more than anything else and be the (all about the) base for most radio channels.

Even like 1D's most recent offering :-)

http://youtu.be/syFZfO_wfMQ

• Jess Glyne, Sigma, Clean Bandit then yes even a bit of Swift but Take That?
  • Don't watch those shows @cabbles but do like a bit of Take That, Madonna, Taylor Swift, Megan (gola) Trainers, Jess Glyne, Sigma etc, popular / dance 'shite' etc. amazing how it's uncool to like this sort of music yet it seems to sell millions more than anything else and be the (all about the) base for most radio channels.

Even like 1D's most recent offering :-)

http://youtu.be/syFZfO_wfMQ

I liked 2 take that songs I think. Madonna pre 90. Heard of Taylor Swift, think I know 2 of her songs. After that they're all just names.

Musical is always personal and I will never judge someone's tastes. I just turned my back on modern music a long time ago.

It's alright now though coz John Bishop's just turned up. Saved the night for me :wink:
  • edited February 2015
    Yeah it is uncool to like pop but there is actually some decent enough stuff out there. I hate the likes of Will.I.Am/Flo Rida as much as the next person but its unfair to categorise all modern pop as the same. There has always been cheesy pop like there is now. Taylor Swift is clearly very talented and makes catchy songs, Sheeran is probably a bit overplayed but he's completely acceptable. Also there is decent enough house/dance that gets into the charts like Route 94/Wilkinson.

It's not the same as family shows like the X-Factor at all.
  • Is Kanye West sponsored by Aldi because when ever it wasn't muted, he seemed to be chanting their brand name non stop.
  • Sponsored links:

• How the fuck did Sigma not win best single.
  • Is Kanye West sponsored by Aldi because when ever it wasn't muted, he seemed to be chanting their brand name non stop.

Talent eh? Ffs
  • How the fuck did Sigma not win best single.

Thass a car ain't it?
  • The day Kanye West disappears up his own or his wife's humungous freak arse can't come soon enough. That tosser is depriving someone else of oxygen
  • Good performance by Paloma. Strange that is my least favourite track on the album.
  • Yeah it is uncool to like pop but there is actually some decent enough stuff out there. I hate the likes of Will.I.Am/Flo Rida as much as the next person but its unfair to categorise all modern pop as the same. There has always been cheesy pop like there is now. Taylor Swift is clearly very talented and makes catchy songs, Sheeran is probably a bit overplayed but he's completely acceptable. Also there is decent enough house/dance that gets into the charts like Route 94/Wilkinson.

It's not the same as family shows like the X-Factor at all.

You say that but half the songs I've heard up for awards are songs I think I've heard Dermot O'Leary flopping about to outside the start of the X-Factor trials, as they are played in the background.

Like I say music is personal and I don't judge anyone's tastes. I just feel like I'm being punched in the face when exposed to this type of music.

I'll give you an example. As we were driving on Sunday, the mrs had kiss on. They played Pharrell Williams 'happy' and then that song marks and Spencer's use for a food advert (don't know the name). I could feel my blood boiling as I sat there.

Imagine that, just getting angry having to listen to a song