Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Derby v Charlton - Post Match Views

edited February 2015 in General Charlton
Not a result to throw the baby out the bath water, we simply go again.

Strange selection though...

Comments

• Well we kept Bent out!!!
  • I think who ever he played CM, there would have been grumbles, Diarra not fit enough for 90 minutes, who else could he have played in defensive CM?
  • Odd selection in midfield and sounds like we were pretty shocking for the first 20 minutes.

But positives are that Diarra made a big difference, we held them and threatened in the 2nd half and all the other results went the right way from our point of view. Anything tonight would have been a bonus but the focus now switches to Saturday. Hudds won 3-0 tonight and their tails will be up. It should be a good game in front of a packed Valley and I'm so looking forward to that and to getting back on the winning trail.
  • Happy with that. 8 points above the drop line and our tough run of games are now over.

Hudds winning eases the pressure on them so will not be so hungry on Saturday. Hoping the big crowd will get behind the lads and a win could see us 11 clear come Saturday evening, if the Millers do their job, although personally hope that game ends in a draw.
  • hope to see a central paring of cousins and diarra on Saturday , and im sure a bumper crowd will give the players a needed boost!
    subbing watt and bulot must be to keep them fit/available for Saturday!
    come on you reds!
  • edited February 2015
    All the teams from us downwards in league lost so not much of a shocker.
  • Sponsored links:

• We lost but we played, so an improvement on a few weeks ago, pretty one sided first half but we put them under some pressure in the second, good performance against the best in the league. Well done charlton.
  • ross1 said:

I think who ever he played CM, there would have been grumbles, Diarra not fit enough for 90 minutes, who else could he have played in defensive CM?

Cousins. And cousins was gutted not to be playing apparently.

Personally I'm not sure it would have made a difference tonight.
  • 1StevieG said:

All the teams from us downwards in league lost so not much of a shocker.

Except for Brighton mate but their win keeps Leeds in touching distance.
  • Painful!! Rudderless and powder puff against a far better outfit. Buyens? Why?
  • vinnie said:

Great gesture from Darren Bent coming over and clapping us. Legend

Good man
  • One of those in which all the promotion chasers won, and in most cases comfortably. Millwall goal difference is 13 worse than ours btw!
  • Always disappointing to lose, but can't say I expected us to get anything for this one and with all the teams down the bottom losing, no damage done gap-wise.
    Important not to get turned over heavily as this could have adversely affected confidence ahead of Saturday. Hopefully Cousins returns at the weekend and the team look to be positive and cause Huddersfield problems from the start.
    Certainly I'd take 3 points from these next 2 games, though I reserve the right to change that if we get a win on Saturday!

• Not a bad night this was my compensation.

Brentford (Match Betting, 90 Mins)
    Won
    Football / ENG League Championship
    Brentford v Blackpool
    24th February 2015 19:45pm
    Odds: 1/2
    Watford (Match Betting, 90 Mins)
    Won
    Watford v Rotherham
    Odds: 4/6
    Middlesbrough (Match Betting, 90 Mins)
    Won
    Middlesbrough v Bolton Wanderers
    Odds: 9/20
    Norwich City (Match Betting, 90 Mins)
    Won
    Blackburn Rovers v Norwich City
    Odds: 6/4
    Barcelona (Match Betting, 90 Mins)
    Won
    Football / Champions League
    Manchester City v Barcelona
    Odds: 1/1
    Preston North End (Match Betting, 90 Mins)
    Won
    Football / ENG League One
    Preston North End v Walsall
    Odds: 4/5
    Portsmouth (Match Betting, 90 Mins)
    Open
    Football / ENG League Two
    Portsmouth v Oxford Utd
    28th February 2015 15:00pm
    Odds: 23/20
  • Sponsored links:

• In the station waiting for the train, hands are frozen.

One word: outclassed.
  • 8 points above the scum come on Rotherham

this was always a loss for us and the maaasives done us proud

just got to beat SCP 's boys and midtable safety beckons , easier said than done

15% 7th-12th 80% 13th-21st 5% the unthinkable
  • vinnie said:

Great gesture from Darren Bent coming over and clapping us. Legend

Classy.
  • Maybe we were outclassed but they are top of the league and are the best team I have seen so far at The Valley -they are top for a reason, no real disgrace (or surprise) in losing tonight. Well done to those who made the trip. We have new players still getting to know one another's strengths and weakness, did we really expect to get much tonight? Truthfully, no.
    Two more wins and one or two draws should see us safe - specially as the dross below us keep losing, long may it continue. Keep the faith.
  • Expected that result and after the first 15 minutes 2 nil is a respectable score.

Hopefully Cousins is fit for Saturday
  • Had a little glimmer of hope tonight, just a glimmer. Not fussed about the defeat if we smash SCP on Saturday. Sorry
    Chris but I'm hoping we give you a right good tonking now. I'm actually pleased H'field won because I reckon our players will raise it more now and treat the game with a good intensity
  • Good to see Buyens made sure he didn't get a yellow by just jogging along side the fella who got the assist for Derbys 2nd

and Solly maybe should have done better for the 2nd goal at least
  • Obviously not nice to lose but there are plenty of positives to take. Diarra and Eagles both looked good. I think 2-0 flattered the league leaders. Had we not rolled over so easily after conceding the first i think we could've got something.

Still, we looked like a midtable team. There is no way we are going to be relegated. Confident for Saturday COYR
  • Obviously not nice to lose but there are plenty of positives to take. Diarra and Eagles both looked good. I think 2-0 flattered the league leaders. Had we not rolled over so easily after conceding the first i think we could've got something.

Still, we looked like a midtable team. There is no way we are going to be relegated. Confident for Saturday COYR

2-0 flattered them! Seriously? They didn't need to get out of 1st gear in the second half