Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Derby vs Charlton | Tue 24th Feb 2015 | 7:45pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions,News &Views

Comments

• Options
    3-0 away win to the mighty Charlton (can't stop scoring) Athletic.
  • Options
    Apart from, "Is Buyens banned", which seems odd that we do not know, but is Cousins fit, injured against Wigan, but how bad, I do not know. If both are out it would mean a new CM pair, guess work is out of the question, it could be anyone, Diarra, Eagles, Lepoint, Solly, I hope Luzon does not change other parts of the team to make this work. To me the only question is CM and does Solly play again or should he be rested so bring in Gomez at RB, otherwise same team as Wigan, I will be more than happy with a draw, whatever it is.
  • Options
    Would take a draw in this one, but I'm still feeling positive that we can get a decent result. Il take a 2-1 to Charlton. Cousins and Watt
  • Options
    Buyens has 10 yellows, 9 in the Championship and 1 in the Cup
  • Options
    5-0 to the Reds!

I was going to say 5-1, then remembered that we don't concede goals at the moment.
  • Options

The strange thing is, that the next collection of yellow cards by any players is only 4, (Bikey, JJ, Solly)
  • Options
    ross1 said:

The strange thing is, that the next collection of yellow cards by any players is only 4, (Bikey, JJ, Solly)
    Thats why he has so many cards and why his passing is so shite... He's having to tackle every player because no one else can be bothered ;)
  • Options

ross1 said:

Thats why he has so many cards and why his passing is so shite... He's having to tackle every player because no one else can be bothered ;)
    If only he could tackle in the true sense of the word mate, he wouldn't be on 10 yellows. :wink:
  • Options
    0-1 Charlton
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Too strong for us i fear. Anything is a bonus.
  • Options
    Win this and we are play off bound!

Whilst I will be happy with another 3-0 win, I think we should aim for more and just blow them away.

Guy Luzon soapy_jones
  • Options
    This is a very interesting game as Derby are as good as anything in this league. But since playing Cousins and Watt together and Cousins in the middle we have scored 8 goals in 2.5 games. I’d like to see if this is a false dawn or if we really are on to something. I am quite tempted to put a bet on at the odds being quoted, but maybe my optimism levels are too high. That is what I will interested to find out.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I don't think we are in a false dawn situation as we appear to have the right blend and balance for the first time this season. We look stronger than we did at the start of the season when we were doing well. However for my money Derby are the best side in this division and we will go down 2-1 tonight before going on a decent unbeaten run.
  • Options
    We will give them a tough game but Derby are probably the best side in this division and will be a bit too good for us 2-1 Derby.
  • Options
    Eagles will not play Centre Midfield for us surely? He's a winger/Attacking midfielder?
  • Options
    I'd play the following team if Buyens is out:

---------Hendo
    Solly - Johnson - TBH - Fox
    ---------Cousins
    Eagles--------------Bulot
    -----------JBG
    -------Veto - Watt
  • Options
    2-2 draw tonight. If anyone can snatch a late goal to make it 2-3 then it's us. COYR
  • Options
    Routine 2-0 defeat. Early and late goals.
  • Options
    Is it going to be streamed at all on a website?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wouldn't be suprised if he rotated the squad tonight, resting Solly, Veto, & JBG ready for the weekend

Hendo
    Gomez Johnson TBH Fox
    Eagles Cousins Diarra Bulot
    Church Watt
  • Options
    As confirmed elsewhere, as one of Buyens' 10 yellows was a second yellow, for which he saw red of course, it doesn't count in the totting up process a she's already served a 1 match ban for this. His next yellow will produce a 2 match ban I think.

The pressure tonight is all on Derby. After 2 great results, any points tonight would be a bonus for us, whereas Derby HAVE to keep winning with the fight for automatic so tight
  • Options
    Fairly confident tonight if we keep the same team bar buyens if he's suspended and put diarra in for him. Take a draw now, be over the moon with a win!
  • Options
    1-1 we go ahead early through gudmonsen and they scramble an equaliser in the dying seconds
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

ross1 said:

If only he could tackle in the true sense of the word mate, he wouldn't be on 10 yellows. :wink:
    Buyens made a good tackle on a Wigan player in the lead up to our first goal last Friday.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Against a strong team I think we'll have

1 upfront - Watt if there is really no problem between him and Luzon.

5 man midfield with Eagles on the left wing, Gudmunsen on the right and Diarr linking m'field and defense.

Eagles will score, Watt may. Bent will be the focus of our defense and Ince will score because of that.

2-2 or 2-1 to them.

But what do I know, I've never played at the top level.

Or at all. Ever.

• Options
    Bring Diarra in for Buyens if suspended. Leave the rest the same. 3-1 to us. Igor with the first Bent equalises igor again then Eagles in injury time.
  • Options
    From the Match Preview released by the OS definitely sounds as though Buyens can be involved as no mention of his suspension
  • Options
    1-0 defeat ...although it's going to be a lot closer than Derby may have expected
  • Options
    Hendo
    Gomez Ben Haim Johnson Fox
    Diarra
    JBG Cousins Buyens Bulot
    Vetekole

bonus game tonight but not a place to stick to 4-4-2 in my opinion. Set-up to contain but hit on the break with the pace of JBG, Bulot and Igor.

Prediction 1-1