Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Alou Diarra

Not sure if there's already been a thread, but I've just watched Guy Luzon's press conference on CAFC Player and he said that we're looking to bring in another midfielder and confirmed that Alou Diarra is on trial with us.

He's 33, capped by France 44 times and hasn't played too much in the last few years of his career. Is he still worth a punt?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alou_Diarra

Comments

• I hope everyone can find it in their heart to forgive me!
    ross1 said:

I would imagine you are in for a Colin:-), has been mentioned a few times

• Colin the 2nd
  • Needed even more now Buyens is suspended.. either that or we get Poyet back on loan.. he's not getting any game time! :)
  • I believe that Alou Diarra will be playing for the U21 on Monday.
  • Lassana diarra is also out of contract could this be a big bluff and we are getting him instead?
  • Chrispy51 said:

Lassana diarra is also out of contract could this be a big bluff and we are getting him instead?

No.

• Reports coming in that the Titanic is in trouble
  • Sponsored links:

• Chrispy51 said:

Lassana diarra is also out of contract could this be a big bluff and we are getting him instead?

On trial at West Ham.
  • I think we should forgive and forget,and try and bring Poyet back(if he'd come) could be the last piece in the teams jigsaw.It seems that Buyens is not that interested,perhaps it;s true he does not get on with Luzon.To Bring Diego back would certainly change opinion of R.D and K.M.
  • Not decrying bringing Poyet back, but wy have we signed Le Point, if not to cover for Buyens?
  • I didn't think he did much at all
  • After a shaky start thought he was excellent last night. Not sure if he's played as a CB before but he looked pretty comfortable.

Lansbury should have been red carded after bundling Alou into the hoardings.
  • Considering that was his first 90 mins for a long while he did well.

Look knackered at the end but was good in the air and comfortable on the ball.

Will be interesting to see if and where he'll play if everyone is fit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Still pretty fast for his age
  • Reads the game so well. Fantastic early block as Jelavic (I think) was about to shoot. A dominant performance. Sarr will be hard pushed to dislodge him or Bauer.
  • Had a terrific game yesterday.
  • Couldn't agree more with hants.
  • Was unsure about having him at centre half. Thought one of our weaknesses was having a 34 year old centre mid 'filling in' at centre back. What I forgot was that he is probably the most talented player (world cup finalist etc) we have had for a while. He is bossing it.
  • My man of the match yesterday, fantastic performance.
  • A thinking man's footballer.
  • After thinking last season that at this stage of his career, he would be great at CB because of his heading and reading of the game. i wondered if i got it wrong when he gave a shocking pass in the friendly at Dagenham ? no i did not, the guy has shown why he won 43 caps for France. In a way it would be great if Sarr could play RB as well as CB but being so big maybe that would be a serious doubt. We thought Bikey and TBH were good at the beginning of last season,
    Bauer and Diara seem a class above.
  • Glad he's getting the credit for some outstanding displays. His experience will also be invaluable to our young squad.
    Isn't it great that at the moment we have so many players to rave about. Exciting times.