Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Midfielder to sign this week ?

2»

Comments

• bobmunro said:

cabbles said:

sammy391 said:

Eagles signing today according to rich Cawley , should be in the squad tomorrow

Just seen that. We def need a creative midfielder. The only thing I don't get is that I'm sure he was at Blackpool? most recently. How come they didn't want to keep him?
    Wages? Or maybe it's Eagles who didn't want to stay there.
    Definitely wages - I believe Blackpool wanted a trial period and he didn't want it. They offered him a contract at lower wages than he wanted and he basically said 'I'm better than that'. Not sure he is to be honest - and a bit of a gobby git by all accounts!
    Gobby git in a positive way or bad way ?

Roger Effing Johnson is a gobby git but the bottle he showed on Saturday when cracking his rib and taking the needle is why i said he could be a cult hero if he could stay fit and his is serious about playing football. If not he could swear his way out of the club in double quick time.

With the attacking players like Eagles, it more problematical, as Bulot have found out and even Johann who can drift right out of a game, yet has been great at other times( improve your corners JBG)

• To be honest, even if there was a wages issue at Blackpool... well it IS Blackpool. They certainly can't/won't be paying high wages and I can't see their charismatic charmer of a manager winning over players with his winning personality and infectious smile so I would probably want bloody good money to be playing there if it was me! Not to mention some have mentioned the situation where Eagles was approached by us last season may not have been quite as simple as 'he turned us down, he thought Charlton were too small.' If we kept in touch he probably left knowing he did have another option - us. Of course, being better run/a better option than the Oyston Disaster Zone is not much to shout about...