Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Midfielder to sign this week ?

sorry, my internet connection keeps lagging, so I haven't got through the 1 hour 18 minute video from last nights vip meeting, but someone touched on the fact we were bringing in a new midfielder this week , in lieu of the fact Johnny J is injured and Milos from Spurs was crocked, does anyone know who we are likely to bring in please, thanks in anticipation.

Comments

• Alou Cisse and Chris Eagles rumoured to be on trial
  • Who's Cisse?
  • Who's Cisse?

Ex West Ham. Paid a lot of money for him but he had injuries and fell out with Big Sam.
  • it's aliou diarra.
  • Who's Cisse?

Ex West Ham. Paid a lot of money for him but he had injuries and fell out with Big Sam.
    Of course its actually Diarra!

• My bad - got my Cisse's and my Diarra's mixed up
  • Hasnt played a competitive game for over a year. Was on trial with brighton before xmas too.
  • If all we are going to do is sign players who havent played for long periods why can't we go for someone decent like jermaine jenas who is sitting on motd every other weekend. Surely his wages can't be too high and would want to get back playing again.
  • Anybody who isn't over 30, slow and from Belgian leagues would be positive.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sounds like 2 good signings. We'll be in prem by 2017
  • it's aliou diarra.

Yes it is, also Chris Eagles. I am hoping to hear something this week, but I'm not holding my breath.
  • They have been training all this week. I suppose a decision will be made today.
  • Diarra played over 40 times for France and also was the their captain! His CV is very impressive! Wages could be high though
  • If we can get Diarra fit then he'll be a good signing.
  • Eagles signing today according to rich Cawley , should be in the squad tomorrow
  • sammy391 said:

Eagles signing today according to rich Cawley , should be in the squad tomorrow

Just seen that. We def need a creative midfielder. The only thing I don't get is that I'm sure he was at Blackpool? most recently. How come they didn't want to keep him?
  • Nicholas said:

If all we are going to do is sign players who havent played for long periods why can't we go for someone decent like jermaine jenas who is sitting on motd every other weekend. Surely his wages can't be too high and would want to get back playing again.

Good shout Nicholas, I guess he must still have the injury ?

If not at 31 he would be a great asset to a struggling team in the champ (yes cafc)

• cabbles said:

sammy391 said:

Just seen that. We def need a creative midfielder. The only thing I don't get is that I'm sure he was at Blackpool? most recently. How come they didn't want to keep him?
    Wages? Or maybe it's Eagles who didn't want to stay there.
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:

sammy391 said:

They wanted to use his wages elsewhere I assume. Looking at the ploughed field of a pitch they have, perhaps he was struggling to cope with the mud!
  • cabbles said:

sammy391 said:

Definitely wages - I believe Blackpool wanted a trial period and he didn't want it. They offered him a contract at lower wages than he wanted and he basically said 'I'm better than that'. Not sure he is to be honest - and a bit of a gobby git by all accounts!
  • bobmunro said:

cabbles said:

sammy391 said:

Definitely wages - I believe Blackpool wanted a trial period and he didn't want it. They offered him a contract at lower wages than he wanted and he basically said 'I'm better than that'. Not sure he is to be honest - and a bit of a gobby git by all accounts!
    Looking at the shambles of Blackpool, he probably IS better than that
  • Dr Kish confirms Chris Eagles has signed and expects him to wear the vacant number 9 shirt
    Not on the OS as yet though....
    Also, no word of Diarra other than that he is/was training with us this week
  • Has to sign by midday today to be in the squad for tomorrow I believe
  • So we're preparing to sign a non-network player and possibly for bigger wages than another Championship club are willing to pay?

I'm not the biggest fan of the current ownership, but that must be worthy of some credit?
  • cafc999 said:

Has to sign by midday today to be in the squad for tomorrow I believe

Deal done. On the O/S.

• hawksmoor said:

cafc999 said:

Has to sign by midday today to be in the squad for tomorrow I believe

Deal done. On the O/S.

good signing IMHO
  • bobmunro said:

cabbles said:

sammy391 said:

I'm on his side to be honest. Why should he take a pay cut when he's now proved himself? On the other hand, you can't blame Blackpool. They're a club preparing for League One next season and they can't afford to have someone with Eagle's salary on their books.
  • There goes our big number 9, If Eagles is wearing it, there will be no chance of the sort of striker we wanted.