Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wigan Ath vs Charlton Ath | Friday 20th Feb 2015 | Match Preview, Teams, Predictions, News & Views

13»

Comments

• We need to go for a win tonight, we're playing against a bottom 2 side with a desperate home record. Start on the front foot, and take control.
  • Another 3 points towards our playoffs push

2-0
  • Would love to go, no way of getting back post match, so have to find a dodgy feed or radio coverage
  • If we play like we did last Saturday then we should Nick it but I'll take a draw all day long. Either 2-1 to the mighty reds or a 1-1 draw can't see it being a goal fest!
  • On the coach up, reckon we'll draw. Cmon Charlton
  • Anyone else having any trouble on the train from Manchester piccadilly?
  • Dazzler21 said:

---------------Henderson
    Solly---------Ben Haim-----Johnson/Bikey--------Fox

Gudmundsson---Cousins---Eagles-----Bulot

-------------Vetokele---Watt

Subs
    Dmitrovic
    Gomez
    Bikey/Johnson
    Wilson
    Lepoint
    Harriott
    Church

0-1 WIN another assist from Watt on a Vetokele goal.

Can't see that team keeping a clean sheet, think Luzon has a bit of a problem on his hands tonight in terms of defensive capabilities in midfield. Don't think Lepoint is the man for the job, maybe Wilson but is he shot for confidence? Gomez instead of Eagles perhaps.. toughy
    More likely Solly for Buyens and Gomez at RB, although I still expect Buyens to play, and don't forget Gomez will almost certainly play on Tuesday in place of Solly, so he will probably be on the bench tonight
  • We should start with the players who finished at the weekend (Bikey in for Johnson if need be).

I've heard Luzon can be a bit of a tinker man so I'm wondering if we'll see something like:

--------Henderson
    Gomez Ben Haim Bikey Fox
    -------Solly Cousins
    ----Johann Eagles Bulot
    -----------Watt

Dmitrovic, Onyewu, Wilson, Buyens, Lepoint, Harriott, Vetokele
  • Eagles has already said he is not match fit and may take a couple of weeks, so I can't see him starting
  • ross1 said:

Eagles has already said he is not match fit and may take a couple of weeks, so I can't see him starting

Have Eagles from the bench today and give him 20-mins tonight and against Derby... Based on those performances we can then see if he starts against Huddersfield
  • Sponsored links:

• With the entire new concept of actually playing forwards and trying to score ! I go 2 -1 to us and a welcome climb up the table.
  • Would be pleased with a draw in order to maintain the 11 point differential over Wigan. For them, this is, to all intents and purposes, a 'must win' game, so hopefully we can punish them with our pace on the counter attack. Sorry to hear they've got Harry Maguire on loan, though - hopefully, he's a bit rusty.
  • Buyens will start ahead of Eagles
    Bikey will start ahead of Gomez if Johnson unfit
    Rest of team picks itself
    Wigan should be exhausted following tough game on Tuesday, no excuse for not getting a draw at least
    1-1

Agree with you on starting 11
    I'd like Eagles on the bench though(match fit or not)
    It's got draw written all over it

• Wigan has not been a happy hunting ground for the Addicks but what a chance we have to move upwards? Wigan should be tired and without a win at home since August? Don't believe it at all. 2-1 to Wigan who play out of their skins to stop us fairly comfortably.
  • Yes, we have to go for it - obviously be solid but never be on backfoot, then it is a winnable game. The problem is we invariably do backfoot away. If we create our fair share of chances, I could come round to Luzon.
  • Feeling positive (and I haven't for a while)

Got them at 4.2 on Skybet, at those odds I thought it was worth a punt.

Gudmunsson to score first at 11.0 too...
  • i have £2.50 on Watt to score 2 at 40/1
  • Mike said:

i have £2.50 on Watt to score 2 at 40/1

Where have you got that?!!?!
  • Paddy Power mate
  • Sponsored links:

• Can get 7/2 for Watt anytime scorer, and 10/1 I believe for first goal!
  • What odds on Watt hat-trick?
  • Mike said:

Paddy Power mate

Wow, cheers mate, best I had seen it in other places is 16/1... Crazy!