Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Anyone feel a bit sorry for Luzon?

13»

Comments

• So he now has 2 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses. 8 points from 6 games.
    GF 10, GA 7, GD +3

Let's see how the next 4 games go. Then we can judge him after 10 like we wanted. Good so far though.
  • Like the goal difference
  • Liege's loss is Charltons gain long may this freakyuitful relationship continue
  • Liege's loss is Charltons gain long may this freakyuitful relationship continue

:smiley:
  • edited February 2015

Yep. Not a fan of the set up but do feel sorry for the bloke although a few more wins and his name will be chanted from the Covered End.

Don't reckon the Covered End will stretch to chanting his name.

But he needs to be given a chance.
    £20 bet (donation to the upbeats) his name will be chanted from there by end of April IF we don't suddenly nose dive and end up in bottom 3/ RD doesn't sack him off?

Oh and I promise I won't start the chant ;-)
  • I'll give him full credit for the attacking line up over the last two games and how we've played but my issues with him and the reason he was appointed stays the same regardless of his record.
  • Yep. Not a fan of the set up but do feel sorry for the bloke although a few more wins and his name will be chanted from the Covered End.

Don't reckon the Covered End will stretch to chanting his name.

But he needs to be given a chance.
    £20 bet (donation to the upbeats) his name will be chanted from there before the end of the season by end of April IF we don't suddenly nose dive and end up in bottom 3/ RD doesn't sack him off?

Oh and I promise I won't start the chant ;-)
    O yes you will Rodders.

If Luzon keeps the attacking intent going at home and the counter attacking away from home,then the crowd get behind the team.

Luzon has a fit Henderson, 5 good attacking players now in Igor,Watt, Johann,
    Eagles and since he's come back from Africa, Bulot,
    Plus Johnson who in two matches and with a cracked rib has shown he's up for the fight.
    Maybe Guy can have the luck, which bob didn't have at the end, as the squad gets stronger.

• Guy Luzon is actually an extraordinarily privileged Head Coach. Most such who lose their jobs are just slung out.

When Luzon was "slung out " of Standard, he was actually retained by RD, apparently to "do consulting work" at Ujpest. According to our correspondent there, there is no sign that he actually did anything of note. Indeed, there was no physical sign of him. However Hungarian clubs benefit from special tax status, so presumably it was mutually advantageous to have him on that payroll. . Then, lo and behold, a new assignment came up in the conglomerate, and Guy moved seamlessly into his next role. It seems that the little local difficulty caused by a rogue Israeli website did not upset his boss too much.

So no, I don't feel sorry for Luzon at all. I don't think that in modern European football a coach who has been "fired" has ever been treated more generously by his boss.

Most football managerial staff get slung out with the full value of their contract in their trousers. That is a bit different to an average punter being binned. The reason RD retains such staff after releasing them from their duties is pragmatic, not generous. The reason a number of continental mangers are repeatedly reappointed by their clubs is because they never leave the payroll. Genuinely surprised that a Trust expert in footballing matters with an HR background is displaying such casual ignorance here,
  • Guy Luzon is actually an extraordinarily privileged Head Coach. Most such who lose their jobs are just slung out.

When Luzon was "slung out " of Standard, he was actually retained by RD, apparently to "do consulting work" at Ujpest. According to our correspondent there, there is no sign that he actually did anything of note. Indeed, there was no physical sign of him. However Hungarian clubs benefit from special tax status, so presumably it was mutually advantageous to have him on that payroll. . Then, lo and behold, a new assignment came up in the conglomerate, and Guy moved seamlessly into his next role. It seems that the little local difficulty caused by a rogue Israeli website did not upset his boss too much.

So no, I don't feel sorry for Luzon at all. I don't think that in modern European football a coach who has been "fired" has ever been treated more generously by his boss.

Most football managerial staff get slung out with the full value of their contract in their trousers. That is a bit different to an average punter being binned. The reason RD retains such staff after releasing them from their duties is pragmatic, not generous. The reason a number of continental mangers are repeatedly reappointed by their clubs is because they never leave the payroll. Genuinely surprised that a Trust expert in footballing matters with an HR background is displaying such casual ignorance here,
    Interesting ...was not aware of that.
  • "it's fantastic that over 500 came to support us, i'm happy that their journey home will be a happy one. said Guy.

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step". said Lao Tzu.

Has Guy now made two steps towards the CAFC fans ?

And should we make any steps towards him yet ?

Our first win/date on Valentine's day.

our second win/date in romantic Wigan.

Should we fans play hard to get or should we start to show love ?

Too soon ?

Our old flame is showing up Saturday !

Let's just enjoy for now, no need to rush into anything just yet.

• Sponsored links:

• "it's fantastic that over 500 came to support us, i'm happy that their journey home will be a happy one. said Guy.

Too soon ?

He probably doesn't give a flying fuck.
  • edited February 2015

Guy Luzon is actually an extraordinarily privileged Head Coach. Most such who lose their jobs are just slung out.

Why let the truth get in the way of some good old RD bashing.

If RD had to pay Luzon off, it seem's wise to keep him around and get some value for that money. That's probably the main cause of my concern, we now have a manager who we've hired not due to ability but for pure financial value. Of course that doesn't automatically mean there's no ability. We'll have to wait and see.

Either way it's not Luzon's fault so I do feel a bit sorry for him, although I'm fairly sure if he is a success, the crowd at The Valley will get behind him.
  • edited February 2015
    masicat said:

"it's fantastic that over 500 came to support us, i'm happy that their journey home will be a happy one. said Guy.

Too soon ?

2.39am. Weirdo.
  • masicat said:

"it's fantastic that over 500 came to support us, i'm happy that their journey home will be a happy one. said Guy.

Too soon ?

So who Said Romance was dead. ?

Masicat the wise old sage has.

• I'll give him full credit for the attacking line up over the last two games and how we've played but my issues with him and the reason he was appointed stays the same regardless of his record.

How on earth is it his fault?
  • Uboat said:

I don't feel the least bit of sympathy for him, but draw comfort from the fact that one day he'll be gone and then we'll never hear of him again.

Even if he is a success? And I think you will find Riga got a second chance at Liege.
  • edited February 2015

2.39am. Weirdo.

In Dubai......
  • masicat said:

2.39am. Weirdo.

In Dubai......
    Out of curiosity, do you live there?
  • Sponsored links:

• Uboat said:

masicat said:

2.39am. Weirdo.

In Dubai......

No, just a holiday , and have some family who are resident. Blown out by a sandstorm yesterday ! Why do you ask?
  • masicat said:

Uboat said:

masicat said:

2.39am. Weirdo.

In Dubai......

No, just a holiday , and have some family who are resident. Blown out by a sandstorm yesterday ! Why do you ask?

Just being nosey tbh.