Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bikey or Gomez?

2»

Comments

• edited February 2015
    I would go for Johnson
  • I would not play tbh or bikey ever again they are shocking and look forward to tbh contact running out in the summer

I'm sorry but image
  • Do we think that the American is not an option?
  • Bikey has become a parody of himself, I think that Gomez is ready and will know Fox's game well. I will be interested to see what Guy thinks.
  • Cometh the day, cometh the man.
  • Gomez wasn't even on the bench Saturday so I'll be amazed if he plays.
  • Bikey first 60 then Gomez final 30? good way to get him up to speed...
  • Gomez is such a terrific prospect that I hope there is some sort of plan to introduce him to first-team football before too long in his best position.
  • edited February 2015
    If he's good enough, he's old enough.
  • We're quite lucky that he didn't do a Poyet. When you consider that he spent a lot of time with the England U-19's he had plenty of opportunity to have his head turned the way Kasey Palmer did. And don't forget that even at 17 he was outstanding at this level. I don't have the slightest doubt that he'll do a job when he gets the chance, which probably won't be Friday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Despite playing nearly an hour with a cracked rib on Saturday, I'm sure when he woke up on Sunday RJ isn't thinking of playing through the pain barrier. So bearing in mind Wiggins also may be out, do we go with Gomez or Bikey? It may be that Bikey had become complacent or was he just tired or struggling with a niggle and he will up his game on Friday. Or could we move TBH to left with a rookie either side? Any other options?

After his performance against Rotherham, I don't want to see Bikey again . Gomez for me
  • Gomez was full of praise recently in the program for the way Bikey had been mentoring him, like a big brother, or an uncle even. We're quite lucky at the moment to have 3 experienced CB's, any one of whom would be a good partner for Gomez to make his debut alongside.
  • I don't get all this "Gomez not ready" guff. How do we know unless he's given a go? I wasn't too sure about him playing at RB, but he's always done himself proud when wearing the shirt. I realise at CB, there's less room for error, but it's his natural position and what he lacks in experience, he makes up with his ability.

I'd personally give him a go...............

I don't like to say I told you so, but...................I TOLD YOU SO....... :smiley:
  • Good performance from him today. Unbelievable that he's still of school age.

Made a couple of sloppy mistakes today that might've been punished by better opposition but it wasn't that they were wasteful, it was Joe keeping his wits about him and battling to get possession back.

He totally deceived their wing back towards the end of the game. Made him look a right idiot and it's always brilliant to see opposition so wound up.
  • Can't leave him out now after a performance like that
  • Only 17 years old but so mature, strong and calm. Wow, well done, Joe. Joe every day for me and been hoping for it for weeks.
  • 1st name on the teamsheet for me. Well perhaps 2nd after Watt.
  • Best on the ball of any CB I have ever seen.. or quite a few occasions today he took those extra touches even a CB like Ben Haim wouldn't and turned past his man! created space and moved the balk forward! Class! For a 17 yr old to have the confidence to do this in his first start at centre back! Wow
  • Great performance for such a young lad. Very similar ball-playing defender to TBH, whereas Johnson is similar (but better) to Bikey, as an out and out stopper. If TBH leaves at the end of the season, Joe could well step in to that role.
  • edited February 2015

1st name on the teamsheet for me. Well perhaps 2nd after Watt.

and JBG, Vetokele, Bulot and Henderson
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2015
    ...and Solly, and probably Cousins

But Gomez is fantastic!
  • So exciting to see such a promising young talent. Let us not put to much expectation on him, let him have bad days as well as good. But this experience is priceless.
    So unusual for a CB to have such good ball control. In that respect he is different to Richard Rufas.
  • We're quite lucky that he didn't do a Poyet. When you consider that he spent a lot of time with the England U-19's he had plenty of opportunity to have his head turned the way Kasey Palmer did. And don't forget that even at 17 he was outstanding at this level. I don't have the slightest doubt that he'll do a job when he gets the chance, which probably won't be Friday.

Right, it was Saturday. Respect for Luzon.

• edited March 2015
    He did fine for his debut at CB but I thought he got outmuscled at times by the wily James Vaughan. Undoubtably he is a fantastic future prospect and I formed that opinion back in July at the Welling friendly but I would still favour Bikey away at Smallwall for example. First half of the season Bikey was fine, his loss of form since the turn of the year doesn't make him a bad player never to be seen in the first team again as some are saying.
  • A black Bobby Moore who will no doubt become a feature in the England team in the not too distant future. Unfortunately, he'll not be at this club when that time comes-a-calling..........