Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Message to all Championship defenders

2»

Comments

• JBG has been one of our better players this season and if RD needs some cash to balance the books in the summer, he could be first on the list to be unloaded.

This is my main fear with the RD regime, he has shown previously both at Charlton and especially SL, the he will think nothing of getting rid of our best players.

Ben Haim is still number one for me but I expect JBG to get better as we improve results playing two up front.
  • JBG has been one of our better players this season and if RD needs some cash to balance the books in the summer, he could be first on the list to be unloaded.

This is my main fear with the RD regime, he has shown previously both at Charlton and especially SL, the he will think nothing of getting rid of our best players.

Parker, Shelvey, Bent, Jenkinson included
  • edited February 2015

JBG has been one of our better players this season and if RD needs some cash to balance the books in the summer, he could be first on the list to be unloaded.

Yes, the club have a big choice in the summer: carry on building the squad to have a crack at a top eight finish or cash in on some of our best players to cover (some of) the annual operating losses.
    Given that a year in the FAPL and associated parachute payments will soon be worth £150m over five years, it seems a no brainer to me to build the squad. No guarantee of success but if they don't try then what is the point exactly?!
    Also, given that Gudmundsson joined us as a free agent, I can't see him agreeing to a transfer seeing as he will be free again in 12 months to negotiate a deal.
  • Dazzler21 said:

LMAO Ben Haim?

I assume you've not been to many games?
  • Genuinely cannot understand how anyone could vote Cousins ahead of JBG. Yes, he works hard and is an academy product etc, but Gudmundsson has been on another level to pretty much every player in the squad.
  • JBG has the advantage of those amazing goals but Ben Haim edges it purely on the basis that he's had an injured Wiggins, Solly and Gomez needing to cycle due to Solly's injury, Bikey seeming to have a slow agonising mental breakdown over the course of the season and a succession of inexperienced keepers all cycling through the defence and still manages to look the most composed and professional defender we've had for a very long time.