Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Message to all Championship defenders

Keep the ball away from this man's left boot in the final third!

My player of the season so far along with Tal.

http://433.moi.is/enski-boltinn/myndband-oll-mork-johanns-bergs-timabilinu-nokkur-falleg/

Comments

• Easily one of my favourites too, along with Jordan Cousins.

They both have a lot to do to stop me wanting Tony Watt on my next shirt though!!
  • http://youtu.be/Mh3mfD2kWmw
    .....and in a previous life.
    This guy is absolute quality
  • edited February 2015

Easily one of my favourites too, along with Jordan Cousins.
    They both have a lot to do to stop me wanting Tony Watt on my next shirt though!!

Get youself down the front in the original Covered End, he gives them away after every match :wink:
  • cafc4life said:

Another message would be that if he's taking a set piece , overload the front post cos there's no doubt he won't beat first man

Yes, he's great cutting in from the right in open play, but his set pieces are terrible.
  • I think the cost is flat now whatever the name.
  • out of all those goals, i dont think i saw one with his right foot.

There was one in the second video, I believe.
  • cafc4life said:

Another message would be that if he's taking a set piece , overload the front post cos there's no doubt he won't beat first man

He has to be at Charlton for a reason.
  • Sponsored links:

As one footed as Merson was. He turned out ok though

• Swisdom said:

out of all those goals, i dont think i saw one with his right foot.

So did Norman Hunter...................we won't dwell on the cock up v Poland in the 1973 World Cup qualifier. :-0
  • edited February 2015
    Swisdom said:

As long as he keeps scoring with his left boot, who really cares.

I would agree that there are way too many one-sided players these days and George Best turns in his grave every Saturday afternoon but that is the way the game has evolved - and the way young players are coached at Academy level.

It's not just JBG - look at David Silva - one of the best players on these shores.
    Look at Chris Powell who's only downside was how one-footed he was - but what a left boot, eh!
  • I'm sorry, why is this guy wasting his talent at Charlton?
  • RedChaser said:

Swisdom said:

So did Norman Hunter...................we won't dwell on the cock up v Poland in the 1973 World Cup qualifier. :-0
    Ouch - that opened an old wound.
  • edited February 2015
    purdis said:

RedChaser said:

Swisdom said:

Shilts should have saved the resultant shot anyway which went under his body. Who'd have thought those two would screw up at the same time. We had loads of chances to score but the original 'clown' as defined by Cloughie, had a blinder in goal for Poland that night.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/england-v-poland-watch-highlights-2368663
  • RedChaser said:

purdis said:

RedChaser said:

Swisdom said:

Shilts should have saved the resultant shot anyway which went under his body. Who'd have thought those two would screw up at the same time. We had loads of chances to score but the original 'clown' as defined by Cloughie, had a blinder in goal for Poland that night.
    http://youtu.be/ZCTIS6GM8m8

You won't he uses that one to keep his balance.

Johann has 7 goals, 5 of which could be goals of the season.

Just wish his corners and free kicks were better.

• Frankly he's got way more talent in one foot than most of the squad do in both, combined. And a savvy enough manager can make that work in our favour - if you know the oppo knows to show Johnny B Gud onto his wrong foot and force him to cut in, they've just left a big old gap behind them for someone to run into/onto. Admittedly this theory doesn't work with our full backs apparent reluctance to venture across the halfway line for any reason.

Because his value will go up more with us than SL
  • Sponsored links:

• Kap10 said:

I'm sorry, why is this guy wasting his talent at Charlton?

Because his value will go up more with us than SL
    A touch of cynicism in the ranks, methinks!

Because he's not a Premier League player yet? Still more to come from in terms of assists and being a bit more consistent. He's had quiet games in which he's not really got involved.

Saying that our form hasn't helped, it Watt and Igor stay fit the pressure they put on defences should help him get on the ball more.
  • Really hope we tie him down to a longer contract, tho I expect he'll want more than Roly is prepared to offer. Very consistent for a winger and always a threat.
  • JBG has been one of our better players this season and if RD needs some cash to balance the books in the summer, he could be first on the list to be unloaded.

This is my main fear with the RD regime, he has shown previously both at Charlton and especially SL, the he will think nothing of getting rid of our best players.
  • Between JBG , Cousins and Ben Haim for player of the season so far.
  • LMAO Ben Haim?
  • Dazzler21 said:

LMAO Ben Haim?

Why wouldn't Ben Haim be in contention? He's been class
  • Dazzler21 said:

LMAO Ben Haim?

Yes? Been one of the most consistent players.
  • Watching JBG when he's on form is one of the things keeping me positive in an otherwise dire season (at least dire since October). Definitely one of the best finishers in the league.
  • JBG has been one of our better players this season and if RD needs some cash to balance the books in the summer, he could be first on the list to be unloaded.

This is my main fear with the RD regime, he has shown previously both at Charlton and especially SL, the he will think nothing of getting rid of our best players.

But that's hardly new, Charlton have always sold their best players. More relevantly, JBG only signed a 2 year deal when he joined, so in the summer unless he signs an extension it will be very tempting to cash in, irrespective of who the owners are