Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Unusual things you have taken to The Valley

Siv's wonderful thread about the lost gnome at The Valley has sparked this thread. No one has asked yet but I do wonder why Siv took the gnome to The Valley in the first place.

The weirdest things that I can recall taking to The Valley were three tennis rackets that a friend had accidentally left in the car the previous day. I am sure others can do much better than this.

Comments

• My other half...... went down like a cup of sick
  • I did turn up in a suit at the Antigallican on the Tuesday night we lost to Barnsley, forgetting it was an away pub. I'd been at work all day. Goes without saying that about a quarter of the pub starting taking the piss out of me.

I think they probably thought I was personifying our phrase "we pay your benefits".

• I once took the wing mirror of an 04 plate Vauxhall Zafira in with me, would have been the first season in League 1
  • sam3110 said:

I once took the wing mirror of an 04 plate Vauxhall Zafira in with me, would have been the first season in League 1

Was that so that you could turn your back to the pitch in protest but take a sneaky look by using the wing mirror?
  • A football pump
  • We took a very unusual thing away from The Valley yesterday ... 3 points!
  • Bottles of Diamond White and Pink Lady; and we drink it all on the pitch
  • A monkey wrench
  • Sponsored links:

• Last Tuesday game someone came in with a bag of coconuts which were confiscated by the stewards.
  • I saw a loony with a pencil case once
  • edited February 2015
    A flower.
  • edited February 2015
  • A pencil case
  • Joshuk87 said:

Last Tuesday game someone came in with a bag of coconuts which were confiscated by the stewards.

They are a lovely bunch, the coconuts, not the stewards.
  • My mate Glover. He's off his rocker!
  • Uncles ashes. (Wanted to see charlton play before he died but couldn't) he won a bet to that day.
  • A sample. Forgot to drop it off at the doctor's on the way to the Valley.
  • My flares.
    But that was the 70's for you.
    I believe they are banned now and at Craven Cottage they have special dogs to sniff them out.
    Which, if my old ones were anything to go by, must be a very unpleasant task for the dogs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Saw the stewards confiscating and inflatable woman this season, why you would bring that I have no idea.
  • My mother in law

After the snip?
  • Siv's wonderful thread about the lost gnome at The Valley has sparked this thread. No one has asked yet but I do wonder why Siv took the gnome to The Valley in the first place.

The weirdest things that I can recall taking to The Valley were three tennis rackets that a friend had accidentally left in the car the previous day. I am sure others can do much better than this.

I don't think it was on a day out - he had bought it in the club shop.
    Anyway to answer the question - my mother-in-law.

Carpet?
  • Not quite, Arthur. A bit more of an England keeper :-)
  • A set of expensive darts. I had been playing at lunchtime and forgetting that I had them took them to an evening game.
    Got home and only had two. My wife suggested that I phone the club to see whether it had been handed in.I said i will pass on that, just in case it was extracted from a policeman's bum.
  • Not quite, Arthur. A bit more of an England keeper :-)

You took a H(e)art sample?