Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Guy Luzon Football Genius

2»

Comments

• SHG
    It is excellent to have you back posting.

I fully admit that what I write may well be interpreted as irrational. Mind you, it is very hard to detect the rationale of what is going on at Charlton these days, very little of it makes sense to me.
    I am not making a grotesque personal attack on the man at all. Indeed I will acknowledge the achievements if we win.
    It is not an attack, it is my personal response to him, simply me alone if you like. To describe how I personally respond to Guy Luzon is not an attack is it? I am certainly not a fan of him and I have described it in the terms that make sense to me at this moment.
  • seth plum said:

SHG
    It is excellent to have you back posting.

I fully admit that what I write may well be interpreted as irrational. Mind you, it is very hard to detect the rationale of what is going on at Charlton these days, very little of it makes sense to me.
    I am not making a grotesque personal attack on the man at all. Indeed I will acknowledge the achievements if we win.
    It is not an attack, it is my personal response to him, simply me alone if you like. To describe how I personally respond to Guy Luzon is not an attack is it? I am certainly not a fan of him and I have described it in the terms that make sense to me at this moment.

Thankyou Seth. The break has done me as much good as the result yesterday.

Fair points you make about your own feelings on GL. I just can't understand. Then again I don't understand a good many things.

• Shrew said:

Has it occured to anyone that yesterday was the first time that both were fit enough to start the match together and actually it was careful and good decision making from Guzon to play them both against Brentford.He could of done it earlier but would of risked injury.

Don't treat fans like idiots who known jack shit.
    Since day one at Brentford any Genuine football people knew we had a little Gem
    in Igor.
    He Answered my question at Bromley that he couldn't read George.

He needed a partner, We are a pro football club playing in the Championship.

When i was a manager/coach in youth football i tried to have good partnerships
    all over the field,the strikers, CB's, RB with RM, LB and LM, ETC

So not only did you need the lads to believe in you but the parents as well.
    Unless you have had an ex army 35 year old wanting to knock you out because his son did'nt get on(weakest player in squad) you may find it hard to understand that whatever level of football you manage at, you have to communicate with Players and supporters.(all the other parents said it was the right choice)

When we know that Roland was trying to be more than just an Owner,
    How can that be right ?

Guy Luzon unless he stands up to Duchatelet, how will he ever win over 90% of the fans?

If he comes across as his own man, he will get moved on like
    2 of the last 3 coaches.

Igor had a new spark against Norwich 2nd half, and most of us know why.
    they should of started together then who ever flagged first taken off.
    It's not Rocket science, just plain football common sense.
    You don't need to have got up at 7am on a sunday in pouring rain to put goal net up and for the love of it to work that out.

• I couldn't agree with @seth plum more.

In fact, my wife is worried about my obsession for "Seth's Plums", as she calls him.
  • edited February 2015

Shrew said:

Has it occured to anyone that yesterday was the first time that both were fit enough to start the match together and actually it was careful and good decision making from Guzon to play them both against Brentford.He could of done it earlier but would of risked injury.

in Igor.

Unless you have had an ex army 35 year old wanting to knock you out because his son did'nt get on(weakest player in squad) you may find it hard to understand that whatever level of football you manage at, you have to communicate with Players and supporters.(all the other parents said it was the right choice)

How can that be right ?

Guy Luzon unless he stands up to Duchatelet, how will he ever win over 90% of the fans?

2 of the last 3 coaches.

You don't need to have got up at 7am on a sunday in pouring rain to put goal net up and for the love of it to work that out.

I wouldn't treat any supporters 'like idiots' most posters on here know much more about the team then I do as I only get to a dozen away matches each year and a few trips to the valley. I also feel that coaches that see the players everyday in training and talk to fitness staff have a much better idea about fitness and when to bring players on. A lot of enthusiasm and a lack of match fitness can be a disaster and I feel Tony Watt has probably been managed well. to be up to match fitness and hungry to play. Lets all hope he starts to score regular goals and who knows maybe puts on the no 9 shirt.
  • I don't like Luzon (I've never met him but I just can't take to him). I despise the circumstances around his arrival. I find his antics in the technical area ridiculous. From where I sit (West Upper front row) the players appear to treat him with contempt. Apart from that as they say....... However, he either got lucky yesterday with the return to fitness of our one class keeper, the match fitness of our new centre back and Bulot suddenly finding whatever it was that we had all missed and JJ doing his rallying call for him....or he just put two and two together and made four. Whatever the case, we had a coherent team for the first time in Gawd knows how long so I will, somewhat reluctantly, cut him some slack for now. If only he'd ridden the wave of good feeling and not fcuked off down the tunnel with Buyens (mind you in his shoes and with the abuse he's taken I'd probably have done the same). This guy (sorry) is going to be an acquired taste and I'll take some persuading but he deserves a (short) break after yesterday.
  • I don't think the circumstances around Luzon's arrival were his fault. He was on the payroll of the owner so it was probably a case of saying yes, or being fired and losing income.
  • I'm with Seth & LookOut on Luzon. Canvassing for the job when Peeters was still in it. Mocking Riga. Ignoring fans. Doesn't appeal to me.

I'll be interested to see if he changes my impression at the VIP on Tuesday. if he does, Seth, I'll let you know.
  • edited February 2015
    Shrew said:

Shrew said:

in Igor.

How can that be right ?

2 of the last 3 coaches.

I wouldn't treat any supporters 'like idiots' most posters on here know much more about the team then I do as I only get to a dozen away matches each year and a few trips to the valley. I also feel that coaches that see the players everyday in training and talk to fitness staff have a much better idea about fitness and when to bring players on. A lot of enthusiasm and a lack of match fitness can be a disaster and I feel Tony Watt has probably been managed well. to be up to match fitness and hungry to play. Lets all hope he starts to score regular goals and who knows maybe puts on the no 9 shirt.
    I'm sorry Shrew, that came across as i was digging you out, i should of made it clear that i was annoyed with luzon or Roland or someone to say to the fans why Tony and Igor could not start together straight away. They do treat the fans with disdain sometimes.
    Your point is us valid as the next fan, keep posting.

• Sponsored links:

• The truth is, Watt and Vetokele could have started together against Norwich. We know that! But Luzon has to learn about the team, even if it is things we already know. What is positive is that Saturday showed he can learn.
  • edited February 2015
    Has anyone else seen this tweet which is being posted by loads of spam/ weird accoubts. Just search Guy Luxon and this appears quite a few times.

" I cannot believe Guy Luzon hasnt been nominated for manager of the month!!? cafc"
  • Shrew said:

Spot on

Are you suggesting good management and us the fans got it wrong

Hang your head in shame!

• I hate the next manager after Luzon. I don't know who he is, or when he will come. However, I want to be the first to say he makes me puke. The way he stands on two feet with his arms at each side of his body shows what a twat he is. Getting in early.
  • Since Guy Luzon (39) Charlton took over from Bob Peeters won the English second division seven of his last thirteen games and climbed from the basement of the standings in the middle in The Championship. A nice report for the tormented former trainer of Standard. La Dernière Heure he talks candidly about the Rouches, the system of playoff I and the strength of the Jupiler Pro League.

You do not go to war without a weapon. Look at Lokeren and Zulte Waregem. They lost some key players and not in playoff I. Well, I lost ten
    Guy Luzon La Dernière Heure
    Over his last months at Standard:
    "If you take a thousand decisions, do you ever get any error. But I have no choice regret. We lost many key players. I knew that the start of this season would be difficult. We had a lot of young people who had to still adjusting. The transfers came later than expected. But I remained convinced that we could get into playoff and I would be stronger. If I got too little time? You do not go to war without a weapon. Look at Lokeren and Zulte Waregem. They lost some key players and are not in playoff I. Well, I lost ten! "

The loaded game against Zulte Waregem, on October 19, Luzons ushered sad retreat in at Standard. The coach had ridden to have no fear of violent fans. "I fear only God. The fans led to the end of the game against Zulte because she shuddered that we would come back to 2-2.

The system of play-off I:
    "We picked up last season with the most points during the season, but this bizarre system cost us the title. It's not right. In all sports the one packed with the most points the title."

About the strength of the Jupiler Pro League:
    "The Championship (English second division, ed.) Is better than the Jupiler Pro League. It's faster and more intensely to it. There is more budget and stadiums lure more fans. The mentality is completely different. The players are more dedicated, focused and motivated. "

About his relationship with the fans of Charlton who uitfloten him from the start:
    "They did not know me. I told them that I would prove myself on the ground. After the boos of the first game silenced the critics. My relationship with the fans is fantastic."

Successor Bob Peeters
    Luzon began in mid-January with some delay to his new job as coach of Charlton. English second division club announced his arrival already on 13 January, but due to problems with his work permit, the 39-year-old Israeli had to sit for a week in the waiting room. Charlton, one of the clubs in the network of Roland Duchâtelet, Luzon suggested as a replacement for Bob Peeters, who was fired on January 11 because of disappointing results.

• edited March 2015

About his relationship with the fans of Charlton who uitfloten him from the start:
    "They did not know me. I told them that I would prove myself on the ground. After the boos of the first game silenced the critics. My relationship with the fans is fantastic."

LOVE IT.

I didn't uitfloten Guy, but did voice concerns to him that i wanted to see the ball played to feet and with two out and out strikers.

As soon as his style of play became apparent after about 5 games or so, i realized we would put more onus into an attacking game,then even if we lose matches like the Blackburn home game(poor defensive display by the team) then i was a convert to what he was trying to achieve.

It's important that we try to keep this spirit because the atmosphere was becoming toxic.

Let's hope we have a Good Friday or other wise it will be one step forward and two steps back for some fans.

• "I fear only God.

Hip-hop style.
  • Sponsored links:

• I know there was a lot of dodgy shit surrounding the appointment of Guy, but it saddens me that his first memories of the club and it's fan will be booing/'you don't know what you're doing'.

I'm glad he remained professional and is starting to forge a connection with the fans.

Or to put a positive spin on it, he might be grateful that expectations could not have been any lower.
  • Uboat said:

I know there was a lot of dodgy shit surrounding the appointment of Guy, but it saddens me that his first memories of the club and it's fan will be booing/'you don't know what you're doing'.

I'm glad he remained professional and is starting to forge a connection with the fans.

Or to put a positive spin on it, he might be grateful that expectations could not have been any lower.
    That helps, but lets face it , delivery has been pretty high.
  • http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/Sport.cfm?id=29290

As long as he makes it clear Friday!

The Millwall fans would definitely uitfloten that.
  • I know there was a lot of dodgy shit surrounding the appointment of Guy, but it saddens me that his first memories of the club and it's fan will be booing/'you don't know what you're doing'.

I'm happy that he knew the score actually, that he realised that due to the circumstances in which he was appointed, he wouldn't get an easy ride at the start, but that results would turn things around.

And they have!
  • edited March 2015
    "I fear only God"

Just call him Mr Duchatelet, Guy.

Now you got the fans on your side you should fear no one.
  • This is your Martine McCutcheon moment Guy
    Put the nail in the filths coffin and you can have the freedom of SE7
  • Interesting comparrison between championship and jupiter league.
  • Two Quotes that spring out at me....

The obvious one: When you have the option to kill the opponent - kill him... I've got a vision from Gladiator for this, i.e. if we're 4-0 up with two minutes and get a penalty in front of our fans I can hear the chant of "kill, kill, kill" with thumbs up being shown, urging Yoni Buyens to score and make it 5-0.

The second one: We are a team - we are not a team that if X, Y or Z don't play then we have a problem," he said. "We are a team and united. Our system wins... If Luzon comes out with a quote that says we're United again, can the press officer turn round and say, "no we're Athletic actually", on a serious note they are uplifting words and its good to see unity being instilled again