Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Guy Luzon Football Genius

Two attackers up front.

Not sure where that idea came from but can see a lot of managers copying this master stroke.

Comments

• Will never catch on. Just another continental gimmick.........
  • can I add, he played a left winger on the left and not up front or on the right?.....wow!
  • At home as well !
  • Tutt-Tutt said:

can I add, he played a left winger on the left and not up front or on the right?.....wow!

Revolutionary.

People will be falling it the "Luzon plan"
  • Jose Mourinho will be on the phone to Guy 1st thing in the morning
  • Reading CL and VOTV I thought Roland picked the team?
  • Unbelievable formation... Who would have thought playing Ivor and watt together could be so effective...
  • Unbelievable formation... Who would have thought playing Ivor and watt together could be so effective...

No one on CL for sure
  • Our 'Sir Alex Ferguson'
  • Sponsored links:

• I know this is only light hearted and I'm all about the bantzzzzzzzz but does everything he do have to be taken the piss out of?
  • A crouching Elf, a crouching Elf,
    Guy Luzon is a crouching Elf.

He hates to lose, he hates to lose,
    Guy Luzon always hates to lose.

He likes to win, he likes to win,
    Guy Luzon always likes to win.

Congratulations on your first win in SE7, Guy.
  • Two attackers up front.

Not sure where that idea came from but can see a lot of managers copying this master stroke.

Having a proper goalkeeper and a fully fit Vetokele will work wonders. The last time we had those was the last time we won
  • Kap10 said:

I know this is only light hearted and I'm all about the bantzzzzzzzz but does everything he do have to be taken the piss out of?

No but he asked for the fans to get behind the team and we did in spades, so why after a 3-0 victory did he not acknowledge all the fans for their support, instead of skulking off the pitch down the tunnel?
    I didn't know he did that but some managers don't. Mourinho does it regularly. I'm sure in his post match interviews and in the next few days he will.
  • Can see us winning at Millwall and putting them down. The North renamed the ' Guy Luzon Stand'.
  • One thing that has always frustrated me about football, is the lack of respect for the knowledge of supporters. There is a view in the game that they/we cant know more about tactics and formations. Now it is true that some, are not too bothered with tactics etc... but some do watch games analytically and try to read what is going on. And some of these supporters have been watching football for 30/40 or even 50 plus years. Now I not saying a supporter can manage a club - there are lots of elements to master and in a good many of these, experience is important/essential, but I am sure that a lot of supporters can read a game better and are more tactically astute than many managers.

You only have to read previous posts in this forum, to see that we set up yesterday in a way we have been calling for for some time. A good manager could do worse than look at forums for ideas. There shouldn't be any shame in that. They just have to be able to work out the wheat from the chaff. However Luzon got where he did yesterday, good on him.
  • One thing that has always frustrated me about football, is the lack of respect for the knowledge of supporters. There is a view in the game that they/we cant know more about tactics and formations. Now it is true that some, are not too bothered with tactics etc... but some do watch games analytically and try to read what is going on. And some of these supporters have been watching football for 30/40 or even 50 plus years. Now I not saying a supporter can manage a club - there are lots of elements to master and in a good many of these, experience is important/essential, but I am sure that a lot of supporters can read a game better and are more tactically astute than many managers.

You only have to read previous posts in this forum, to see that we set up yesterday in a way we have been calling for for some time. A good manager could do worse than look at forums for ideas. There shouldn't be any shame in that. They just have to be able to work out the wheat from the chaff. However Luzon got where he did yesterday, good on him.

You should read "The Wisdom of Crowds" by James Surowiecki. A large group of people is often a better judge than a so called expert.
  • Sponsored links:

• Assuming he is an alright manager *ahem* head coach, fans will still find it difficult to get completely behind him as even if he performs miracles and gets us to play positions he'll still be out end of the season because that seems to be RDs thing, he'll swap coaches around within the network.
  • edited February 2015
    purdis said:

One thing that has always frustrated me about football, is the lack of respect for the knowledge of supporters. There is a view in the game that they/we cant know more about tactics and formations. Now it is true that some, are not too bothered with tactics etc... but some do watch games analytically and try to read what is going on. And some of these supporters have been watching football for 30/40 or even 50 plus years. Now I not saying a supporter can manage a club - there are lots of elements to master and in a good many of these, experience is important/essential, but I am sure that a lot of supporters can read a game better and are more tactically astute than many managers.

Having two up front yesterday with a now match fit Tony Watt bringing the best out of those around him, a hungry Roger Johnson with a huge point to prove replacing a tired and overweight Andre Bikey and Stephen Henderson in between the sticks was the catalyst to making this happen.

Not rocket science but In short it's the spine of the team and the base from which a certain Mr Clough used to build his sides, one of whom became two times European Champions comprising Shilton, Burns / Lloyd and Woodcock / Francis and thereafter Birtles.
  • Assuming he is an alright manager *ahem* head coach, fans will still find it difficult to get completely behind him as even if he performs miracles and gets us to play positions he'll still be out end of the season because that seems to be RDs thing, he'll swap coaches around within the network.

If he does well then there should be sufficient reason to keep him - time will tell!
  • Shrew said:

Has it occured to anyone that yesterday was the first time that both were fit enough to start the match together and actually it was careful and good decision making from Guzon to play them both against Brentford.He could of done it earlier but would of risked injury.

Spot on

• Tell me in what industry from catering to professional football where those in the "job" or ex don't think that they know better than the average punter. Something would be seriously wrong if that were not the case. In 99.9% of times it would be true as well. Yes as fans we see what's going wrong and have our thoughts on what might be needed to make things better but I think your average pro or ex pro, coach, manager knows a damn site more than the bloke in row z.
  • Search out his background, and also the YouTube videos of him, and watch him and listen to him here at Charlton. He is not, in my opinion, an honest footballing artisan making his way in the world. It is purely personal, but there is enough there in the publically available Guy Luzon to make my skin crawl, sorry it must be only me, he also makes me want to vomit too. Probably extreme and irrational in the eyes of many but I want him gone. Do you think he will be here in 12 months?