Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks v's Brentford match thread 14/2/15

Comments

• Where are KAG and Gomez both should be on the bench but other than that I'm very pleased.. although I'd have Harriott for Bulot!
  • edited February 2015
    Two out & out forwards with two out & out wingers will become 4-2-4 during periods of the game that we are on the front foot. We have to be careful not to be caught on the counter attack.

Willing to give Bulot time in his preferred left wing position. The last time I can remember him starting there, he got an assist.
  • edited February 2015
    Nice to see Roland picking the team by only having one of his Network loanees starting... On a serious note looks a very balanced team out there today
  • Bulot......Hmmmm

Was out of position as striker last week. Had good ACN.
  • Would you rather Bulot or Buyens? Question of the day
  • T.C.E said:

We are going to win today. I promise. If we lose I will give £10 to upbeats. Anyone want to match it if we lose

Shameless plug, go on then :)
    https://www.justgiving.com/charltonupbeatsday2015/
    Why shameless it was not meant to be that at all .
    He meant his own link - and don't worry guys nothing shameless at all about giving to such a good Charity.

Will donate a tenner for every goal we score today, T.C.E. :-)
    Good man. :)

• The last time Stephen Henderson played was the last time we won a game.
  • Like the look of that team. Hopefully get off to a decent start and pick up the 3 points.
  • Pretty much what most fans would pick as our best 11.

Let's see
  • #brentfordfc - Button, Craig, Dean, Douglas, Odubajo, Dallas, Gray, Diagouraga, Pritchard, Jota, Yennaris.

#brentfordfc subs: Bonham, Saunders, McCormack, Toral, Smith, Long, Udumaga.
  • Sponsored links:

• Henderson back, no Buyens or Bikey must be an improvement.
    Would liked to have seen Harriot after his sub. Appearance on Tuesday.
    After Tuesdays debacle let’s hope this better looking team can pull us out of this slide.
  • Not even a bad bench to be honest............down to the players today I think, as much as our much loved coach, manager ???
    Our players have got to start taking more responsibility (on the pitch) to easy to hide behind what has gone on. After all it is our Mt Duchatelet who is paying their wages!!.........and not Mr Luzon.

COYR.............PLEASE LET TODAY BE THE DAY WE SEE 3 POINTS!!! :smile:
  • The starting 11 makes me wonder if Luzon has been reading this forum.
  • Bulot the only thing I can pick at in that team from what we have at hand.. think Jackson & Cousins are going to need more help in midfield, not sure Veto Watt Gudmundsson & Bulot will provide much.. TBH & Johnson are going to need to have good games for us to get anything here
  • Bench is shyte imo but we can't have it both ways. I'm happy with that starting 11. Very positive.
  • Anyone else foreseeing a Button masterclass in goal today? :-)
  • No striker on bench. Happy with line up other than that. Oh and no Gomez anywhere.
  • No striker on bench. Happy with line up other than that. Oh and no Gomez anywhere.

I think that's more RD's fault than GL.
  • Quick song for those bored waiting for KO on Valentines Day ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBjnguyyadY&feature=youtu.be
  • 3-1 Charlton,
    Johnson, Cousins and Watt

Am I mad?
  • Sponsored links:

• At chuffin last, a balanced midfield and two strikers. Looks a much better starting line up than recent weeks. Harriott maybe more deserving to start than Bulot after midweek but I'm fine with Bulot getting more chances to impress and in his natural position.

Feels like it's time for the bad run to end, let's hope it's not misplaced optimism.
  • edited February 2015

At chuffin last, a balanced midfield and two strikers. Looks a much better starting line up than recent weeks. Harriott maybe more deserving to start than Bulot after midweek but I'm fine with Bulot getting more chances to impress and in his natural position.

Feels like it's time for the bad run to end, let's hope it's not misplaced optimism.

Exactly how I see it.
  • could argue that the championship is now divided into three parts:

Top third 1st-8th - going for promotion: 48-59 pts

Middle third 9th -16th - mid-table obscurity (lucky sods): 42-36 pts

Bottom third 17th-24th: 20-35 pts
  • Good morning all from Norcal. Expecting sunny and 75F today. :-)

Here we go again. Hopefully better than recent weeks.

COYR!!!!
  • 20 mins till ko.....COYR's
  • Harriot or Wilson for Bulot and I'd be a lot happier.
  • apologies up front for any typos and spelling mistakes.....so today names shortened (where needed) it will be henders, jonno, jj, igor, gudsun, cuz, tbh, wiggy.
  • Bulot lucky to be in the starting line-up but otherwise about as good as we can put out at present.
  • Pleased with that line up, hopefully we can take advantage of distracted Brentford side due to their behind the scenes issues and snatch all 3 points, COYR!
  • Seems strange when Luzon says Watt will not last 90 minutes, not to have a striker on the bench, although he could use Hariott, unless he is hoping to get a 1-0 lead and then bring on defenders
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!