Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Luzon hints at Watt start in Brentford clash

2»

Comments

• If Watt and Vetokele don't both start I can only assume that either Luzon enjoys being unpopular or is playing some kind of 'I'm in charge. No-one tells me what to do' type game that he thinks will impress someone.
    Just seeing that they are both starting would give the crowd a lift and would buy the team some time before the negativity kicks in again. Come on, Guy. Don't be a dick.
  • edited February 2015
    It won't matter who starts up front if the back 4 don't buck their ideas up. To be honest I'd be more interested in how fit Johnson is.
  • Of course he will start. No harm in not showing all your cards to the media before the match. I am not a fan but this press conference is not exactly contentious.
  • Charlton press days are absolutely pointless. This one is no different.
  • doronron said:

If Luzon plays Watt or Johnson when not fit they will only end up with a muscle strain,I am sure Luzon knows best

I've no problem at all with playing unfit players for shorter amounts of time, but why does it always have to be at the end of the game when we are usually chasing. Why not start with our best XI and aim to be in front before we have to make any subs?
  • Stig said:

doronron said:

If Luzon plays Watt or Johnson when not fit they will only end up with a muscle strain,I am sure Luzon knows best

I've no problem at all with playing unfit players for shorter amounts of time, but why does it always have to be at the end of the game when we are usually chasing. Why not start with our best XI and aim to be in front before we have to make any subs?
    I suppose the answer is, if you start him, and we get other injuries, you may have to keep him on.

However, I don't disagree with you.
  • edited February 2015
    Stig said:

doronron said:

He did start against Boro. The fact we were still in the game but chasing it at 2-1 meant he stayed on. I dunno why Igor didn't start but maybe it was his shit attitude at being subbed the week before.

It's pretty much guaranteed both will start Saturday.
  • Don't know what the problem is. Exactly what I would expect him to say and it is what I wanted to hear. Well done Luzon.
  • Wow Luzon does read charlton life.
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:

If he starts with Watt, he will probably have Igor on the bench

My thoughts exactly.
  • I can't see much wrong with the press conference. Would expect him to play his cards close to his chest and like the fact that he is trying to protect the players. Proof of the pudding for me will be how we are set up on Saturday. I turned to my guest on Tuesday when I saw the line up and said it was weak. Maybe he thinks Brentford is more winnable. I'm not happy he's been appointed in the way he has, but I thought he got his subs right on Tuesday and am not going to rush to judgement.
  • Watt and Igor have to start and KAG on the bench!
  • Watt and Igor have to start and KAG on the bench!

We know that, but does Luzon?
  • edited February 2015

Covered end i take you point, but why did Tony play 90 mins at boro ,
    when the Norwich home game was more winnable ?
    You get match fit by playing games ?
    If cafc are still in the Championship next season it will because Igor and Watt have scored goals and Johnson has marshalled the defence.

Gomez should of played at boro instead of Solly.

After chris played 3 games in a week at the end of last season he had a injury set back.

I agree with this .. Solly was very substandard at 'Boro .. however 'Boro's high up the field pressing tactics allowed him and everyone else so little time on the ball and their movement made tight marking very difficult
  • I'm blowing it out tomorrow. I'm off to the cinema @ new cross.

;-)
  • Go 442 , Watt & Igor upfront , would rip Brentford to shreds, they are there for the taking.
  • I'm blowing it out tomorrow. I'm off to the cinema @ new cross.

;-)

I hope someone pisses on your Pop corn.
    :wink:

• if he doesnt he'll have a riot on his hands
  • doronron said:

doronron said:

Thanks Doc.

thanks nurse

A comeback worthy of a "Thug life" vine
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2015
    Look at Guy Luzon's wikipedia page! Someone's had a bit of an edit

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Luzon

Of course, whoever did it is a moron, misspelling 'your'.
  • Look at Guy Luzon's wikipedia page! Someone's had a bit of an edit

lol!... Before it gets deleted it reads:

He is a head coach that none of the fans actually wanted, was appointed on a pack of lies and deceit, and has failed to win any of his first four matches. Quite often, you hear chants from the Covered End of "You Don't Know What Your Doing?" and "Your Not Mourinho!"
  • That's absolutely hilarious (apart from the lack of spelling ability of course)
  • fixed it :smiley:

Ha ha. You need to have a quick look, it's well funny.
  • People need to get out more

lol!... Before it gets deleted it reads:

He is a head coach that none of the fans actually wanted, was appointed on a pack of lies and deceit, and has failed to win any of his first four matches. Quite often, you hear chants from the Covered End of "You Don't Know What Your Doing?" and "Your Not Mourinho!"
    hahahahahah .. poor ol Guy .. it'll take a lot of coming back from this
  • Go 442 , Watt & Igor upfront , would rip Brentford to shreds, they are there for the taking.

Crickey it worked.

Crickey it worked.