Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Would you take 5 years+ of decline and decay to ultimately be in the position Portsmouth are now...

2»

Comments

• If that's the best way to bring some identity and soul back to the club then yes!! We're becoming a little bit irrelevant. Sadly there's far too much talking and very little action, just don't think there is enough collective will from supporters anymore. The club reflects its fanbase, grey, middle aged and boring.

" Grey, middle aged and boring" fans were once the young, determined saviours of this great Club, GM and may well be the leading protagonists when the next "fight for our future" starts.

Respect, young man, if you please.

( As for your LOL, oohaah, you should be ashamed of yourself !)

• i think he was describing me !!
  • would-you-take-5-years-of-decline-and-decay-to-ultimately-be-in-the-position-portsmouth-are-now

No, would be a bugger to get to for home games.

I'll get my coat. ;-)
  • vffvff
    edited February 2015

If that's the best way to bring some identity and soul back to the club then yes!! We're becoming a little bit irrelevant. Sadly there's far too much talking and very little action, just don't think there is enough collective will from supporters anymore. The club reflects its fanbase, grey, middle aged and boring.

" Grey, middle aged and boring" fans were once the young, determined saviours of this great Club, GM and may well be the leading protagonists when the next "fight for our future" starts.

GM has got a point in that it is an ageing fanbase. That is not going to be helped by not showing any ambition to reach the premiership.
  • No, I'd hate for us to be on the South Coast
  • vff said:

If that's the best way to bring some identity and soul back to the club then yes!! We're becoming a little bit irrelevant. Sadly there's far too much talking and very little action, just don't think there is enough collective will from supporters anymore. The club reflects its fanbase, grey, middle aged and boring.

GM has got a point in that it is an ageing fanbase. That is not going to be helped by not showing any ambition to reach the premiership.
    I read a survey recently that showed we had the highest average age of support in the country.
  • vff said:

I read a survey recently that showed we had the highest average age of support in the country.
    Interesting. Got a link ?
  • No, I don't think fan ownership works although I don't think foreign networks work either. Would probably take fan ownership over Roland but thats just because its the lesser of two evils imo. In a perfect world a local millionaire could buy 51% and fans buy the othet 49%.
  • No, I don't think fan ownership works although I don't think foreign networks work either. Would probably take fan ownership over Roland but thats just because its the lesser of two evils imo. In a perfect world a local millionaire could buy 51% and fans buy the othet 49%.

How about a dirty stinking rich fan buying the whole thing...