Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Paul Lambert Gone?

Apparrently he has left Villa by mutual consent.

Comments

• Noticed the BBC waited for an offical announcement before tweeting. Learnt their lesson from Sunday. ;-)
  • They are undoubtedly the most boring team in the premier league, followed closely by Sunderland.
    They've put so much emphasis on bring through their younger players too, which is nice to see, but they're just not good enough. Tough job for whoever inherits that squad.
  • Bob Peeters would do well up there
  • I'd like to wish Guy Luzon good luck in his new job at Villa Park and hope to see the compensation fee put to use.

Well, I can hope :-)

In that case, welcome Ivan Vukomanovic!
  • I'd like to wish Guy Luzon good luck in his new job at Villa Park and hope to see the compensation fee put to use.

Well, I can hope :-)

More like a dream.
  • Has Manish confirmed this yet?
  • Sponsored links:

• Alan Curbishley = ex-Villa player...
  • His brief was to keep Villa in the Premier League while Lerner finds a buyer, hence the total lack of investment in players and the fact that he's been sacked now that it looks like he can't manage it.
  • See thash club, rite? Iss no gettin a fair deal wi'me ain chairge. Ah thowt at was best tae fock aif the noo, tae save them fae mair embarrassmaint

Is that you, Guy ?

• There s a bloke at Oxford who could do a job there
  • Uboat said:

His brief was to keep Villa in the Premier League while Lerner finds a buyer, hence the total lack of investment in players and the fact that he's been sacked now that it looks like he can't manage it.

There but for the grace of God....

Thanks Beds.
    As long as I live I won't stop finding that picture funny, and I'm not being sarcastic.
  • Confirmed as sacked
  • Uboat said:

Thanks Beds.
    As long as I live I won't stop finding that picture funny, and I'm not being sarcastic.
    Someone does then.
  • Redhenry said:

Uboat said:

Thanks Beds.
    Someone does then.
    Yes, but don't forget we're mostly 'utter arseholes' on this forum.
  • Sponsored links:

• If only Riga had waited.
  • He breoke his contract at Norwich to manage Villa and before joining Norwich he broke his contract at Colchester to manage Norwich. He doesn't seem to have very much intergrity.
  • Who's the favourite?
  • Why are people mocking the suggestion that Lambert as our manger would be silly? He thrashed the L1 champions 7-1 with Colchester, then took Norwich to the premier league in two seasons. Incredible achievement!

Would bite his arm as well as other things off for him as our manager!

Because he's a manager with his own mind not a coach. How good he is is irrelevant. RD wouldn't employ him and I don't think Lambert would want to work under RD's constraints.
  • Why are people mocking the suggestion that Lambert as our manger would be silly? He thrashed the L1 champions 7-1 with Colchester, then took Norwich to the premier league in two seasons. Incredible achievement!

Would bite his arm as well as other things off for him as our manager!

Unless Two Chalets changes his modus operandi it wouldn't matter one Iota if you had Mourinho as the coach with Eddie Howe as his assistant. You can't make a silk purse out of a pigs ear whether it's in the Championship or L1.
  • I look forward to playing Villa next season...
  • Curbs 16/1
  • See thash club, rite? Iss no gettin a fair deal wi'me ain chairge. Ah thowt at was best tae fock aif the noo, tae save them fae mair embarrassmaint

I didn't know Lambert was Welsh ...........