Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Did we contribute to Norwich's 2nd goal?

2»

Comments

• I wouldn't be surprised if Jacko also stepped in and went over Luzon's head to ditch the long ball and get the team to pass it instead as seemed the case in the 2nd half?

I thought exactly the same

JJ made no attempt to shake GLs hand when he came off (he did DM though) and GL went to the dugout to shake JJs hand
  • But after the booing we scored twice so that "proves" "we" contributed to both goals.

Nothing to do with the boos. Messed up a free kick and Bikey got caught playing Gabbon onside. 2 - 0.

They had a whole African country up front?
  • PL54 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Jacko also stepped in and went over Luzon's head to ditch the long ball and get the team to pass it instead as seemed the case in the 2nd half?

I thought exactly the same

JJ made no attempt to shake GLs hand when he came off (he did DM though) and GL went to the dugout to shake JJs hand
    I did notice JJ walk past Luzon but looked away after I realised JJ wasn't going to smack Luzon on the nose. I've been critical of JJ as a player this season but I'd far rather him on the touchline than Luzon.
  • Much - if not all - of the booing after the second goal was aimed at Luzon and calling for his head. Whatever the rights and wrongs, he seems to be a dead man walking already. But when post-match he says that "I think in the first half we want it too much. We run too much but with passion but without organisation. After 2-0 - a single mistake - and the atmosphere was not easy." you have to wonder if he knows what he's doing. If the organisation was missing, whose bloody fault can that be! From where I was in the North Stand the crowd were behind the team until the second goal - which capped some pretty hapless passing in the previous minutes.

Fans are human. We've had to put up with an abject few months on and off the pitch. People have a right to voice their views. Paul Lambert - who had an even more torrid time - said as much on 5 Live last night. And Luzon walked off to almost no booing, which he should savour as it's unlikely to happen much in his short time with us, while the players were applauded despite the score.
  • Go for it Dave, no harm in trying
  • Players play it safe and pass back to keeper = booing

Players play it forward and give the ball away = booing

Players can't win

There can be no real defence of some of those first half free kicks going backwards towards our own goal - especially when we are struggling to score and so need to make the most of set pieces.

If you are going to lose the ball, at least do it going forward with some purpose.

I remember Watt picking it up early in the second half and running with it before being dispossed - but still getting some applause for at least trying to make something happen.

Players can't win

There was a passage of play in the first half when Bulot held up the ball under pressure and his only option was to play back to Wiggins and keep possession. The people around me were going mad. I did think for a moment 'our players have got no chance here'. Then JBG shirked a tackle Rommedahl wouldnt have bottled and I joined in the abuse.

Players can't win

Nick, this have build up over 3 seasons, don't think you were their last night but please believe me when i say the 1st half would have made a vicar swear.

I can't work out if your charlton till you die how not going to games helps. That's directed at no one in particular.

The booing was aimed at the coach or chairman not the players who have lost confidence because of the fiasco of running a championship football club like a 2nd hand car showroom.

Of course the Owner wants academy players in the 1st team,
    their so much cheaper. Gomez and Aherne-grant of the youngsters are the only ones at the moment who have a chance of making it at championship level.

If or when we go down to the 1st divisions then Piggott, fox
    harriott etc will not look out of place.

I was proved right on Paul Walsh, Robert Lee, Paul Elliott and lee Bowyer after seeing them play 1 game for U18 or U21,

So don't see why i should be wrong now.

• Sponsored links:

Players can't win

There was a passage of play in the first half when Bulot held up the ball under pressure and his only option was to play back to Wiggins and keep possession. The people around me were going mad. I did think for a moment 'our players have got no chance here'. Then JBG shirked a tackle Rommedahl wouldnt have bottled and I joined in the abuse.
    How about when we had a free kick just inside their half and for some reason it went back to Dimi, that's when it annoys me, we are closer to their goal than ours and yet it goes back to ours
  • Booing played no part last night imo. Quality passing and quality finishing by Norwich cost Charlton .
    Credit the players for a strong comeback against a quality team.

Players can't win

How about when we had a free kick just inside their half and for some reason it went back to Dimi, that's when it annoys me, we are closer to their goal than ours and yet it goes back to ours
    Agreed. Norwich had a free kick from a similar position and nearly scored !

Players can't win

Nick, this have build up over 3 seasons, don't think you were their last night but please believe me when i say the 1st half would have made a vicar swear.

I can't work out if your charlton till you die how not going to games helps. That's directed at no one in particular.

The booing was aimed at the coach or chairman not the players who have lost confidence because of the fiasco of running a championship football club like a 2nd hand car showroom.

their so much cheaper. Gomez and Aherne-grant of the youngsters are the only ones at the moment who have a chance of making it at championship level.

I was proved right on Paul Walsh, Robert Lee, Paul Elliott and lee Bowyer after seeing them play 1 game for U18 or U21,

Excuse me, No I wasn't there last night but I have been to every other home game (minus Middlesborough + Birmingham) and have a season ticket. I have been to some of the away games too. I am not doing this pathetic high-horse boycott that some people seem to suggest is an idea worth any attention.

You can't work out if I'm "Charlton til you die"? What does that mean? I have a season ticket, I support the team, I contribute financially towards the club.
  • edited February 2015
    I can't work out if " i'm Charlton till i die" and yet have stopped going, are helping ? that's directed at no one in particular

Don't take it so personal Nick, the above is how it should of come across,

I never give a toss if CL's agree with me or not.

As long as we all want our club to succeed,

You do get the feeling that some fans want as to Lose
    to get rid of Roland/Katrien and Guy. Not good, but if a long time fan like Dick Plumb who still go's to watch the youth, but has packed up watching the 1st team and there's many more doing the same. So many issues the owner and CEO need to address.

Players can't win

Excuse me, No I wasn't there last night but I have been to every other home game (minus Middlesborough + Birmingham) and have a season ticket. I have been to some of the away games too. I am not doing this pathetic high-horse boycott that some people seem to suggest is an idea worth any attention.

You can't work out if I'm "Charlton til you die"? What does that mean? I have a season ticket, I support the team, I contribute financially towards the club.
    I think you misread that, I read it as If you are Charlton til you die, why does not going to a game help

they was not question you being Charlton til you die just if you are why does not going to the game help

Players can't win

Not since November, no.

Players can't win

They could try Plan C. Players play it forward, retain the ball, look like a good side, score at will and we get promoted = endless joy
  • Well if the fans are to blame, OP, you can rest easy that it won't be happening next season, given that no bugger will be going.