Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Players Marks: Charlton v Norwich

Comments

• Big_Bob said:

Wiggins - 5

Cousins -3

I know it's all about opinions but I am surprised by these marks.
    I like Cousins, just thought him anonymous first half. Perked up a little in second but ball distrubution poor, and free header first half was poor. Perhaps 3 a little harsh.
  • Dmitrovic - 5 One of those games. Beaten by some good finishes. Kicked well but didn't inspire confidence.
    Solly - 6 Early mistake but got better. Had a hard time in the air v Johnson.
    Wiggins - 5 A couple of switch off moments.
    Bikey - 5 Too erratic. Looks stronger in the air with his back to goal and that can't be right.
    Ben Haim - 5.5 Not as strong in the air as he can be.
    Gudmundsson - 5 Touch deserted him. We have to play him but need to find another corner taker. Wiggins?
    Buyens - 5.5 Didn't hide as some have suggested but is struggling.
    Jackson - 5.5 Tried to put a foot in but in the end was chasing shadows. Didn't get on the ball.
    Cousins - 6 Passing was a problem and not for the first time. The effort was there.
    Bulot - 5.5 Showed for the ball and tried to pressure their back four. The effort was there but he looks more of a wide player to me.
    Vetokele - 7 Tried really hard against a strong central pairing. Lovely knock through for Watt's goal and took his goal well.
    Watt - 7.5 Lovely finish with the outside of the foot and nice cut back for Harriot's shot. With him in the team we do have some hope.
    Harriott - 6 No shortage of effort.
  • Dmitrovic 5.5
    Solly 5
    Wiggins 5
    Bikey 5
    Ben Haim 5.5
    Gudmundsson 5
    Buyens 4.5
    Jackson 5
    Cousins 5
    Bulot 4
    Vetokele 6
    Watt 7
    Harriott 5.5
  • I dont get to that many games so went with a very open mind after all the negative comments I have read over the last few weeks.

Dmitrovic- 6 No chance for any of the goals but you can see his indecision about coming off of his line is not installing confidence in the defence.

Solly- 5 Is two games in a week beyond him now. 1st goal down to him. Not at his best.

Wiggins- 6 Redmond is a tricky player and he did OK. does get caught ball watching on occasions.

Ben Haim- 5 Distribution was woeful

Bikey- 5 Lack of pace was shown a few times tonight. Always looks better when the ball is thrown down his throat. Both centre halves got no protection from the midfield last night.

Gudmundsson- 5 Only Charlton player who seemed to have a touch last night but then did nothing with it.

Buyens- 5 Both him and Jackson went missing last night. Norwich just passed round them. They were not even running around like headless chickens because I think both have not got the legs to do it in a midfield 2.

Jackson- 5 See Buyens.

Cousins- 6 Could not pass to a Charlton player last night but I can take a player having a bad not if they look like they are trying and Cousins did look like he was trying.

Vetokele 6.5- Worked hard and looked a different player when in a 2 up front. So isolated and starved of the ball in the 1st half. Hopefully the goal kick starts him again.

Bulot- 4 He is all that is wrong about the modern day footballer. He looks like a footballer and believes himself he is a footballer. He strolls around the park and just does not get involved. Luzon was screaming at him to get closer to Igor and he just did his own thing. Dis nothing wrong because he just did not get involved.

Watt- 7 Came on and looked to get the ball and try things. It does not always come off but he got his goal. Luzon will need to rethink his tactics though because he and Igor are the best pairing but neither are a target man if he wants to play long ball.

Harriott- 6 Always flatters to deceive. We want to see him go past people but it does not happen enough. His substitution did change us but not sure how much was down to Harriott.
  • Dmitrovic 5 hurry up Hendo we miss you

Solly 6. is allowed one bad game every now and then.still quality Chris.
    Bikey 4. what the hell has happened.time for a change now.johnson to start saturday.
    Ben Haim 5. a few good tackles but wasnt his best game.
    Wiggins 5 tried and defintly needs more games.like ive said before try him left midfield.better attacking than defending.

Gudmundsson 5 had a great game saturday but wasnt as good last night.try him centrally maybe.
    Buyens 2 i said after saturdays performance to get your coat well now piss off and close the door behind you.bye bye you waste of space.
    Jackson 4 clearly not good enough anymore but gives his all.
    Cousins 6 never stopped working.much better when he played in middle

bulot 4 rubbish
    vetokele 6 much better igor.

watt 7 changed the game and a well taken goal.got to start saturday.
    harriot 5 done ok
  • Dmitrovic - 5.5 Face it folks, he's a continental keeper, so he will punch. Still think there is something about him. Brave in the one-on-one situations. Will learn and improve.

Solly - 4 Absolute 'mare of a performance. Gave away the ball for the first, and consistently out of position. Nothing going forward, and let far too many crosses in from his flank, including for the 3rd goal.

Wiggins - 5.5 Did OK against a very good winger. Didn't do much going forward. One top tackle in the first half.

Bikey - 5 Mmmmmm. From cult hero to zero in one season. Has lost his early season imperiousness.

Ben Haim - 6 The best of the back four. One great tackle in the first half. It is a shame that some are criticising his passing, as we have been perhaps spoilt by what he has done so far this season?

Gudmundsson - 5.5 Clearly our creative spark, which Norwich realised. Therefore they targeted Solly, which forced him into a more defensive role. Therefore we saw less of him up front, where he does his best work.

Buyens - 5 Pretty anonymous. Not the player he was at the start of the season. Does not do the running that he did at the start of the season. When he had the opportunity to get more involved farther up the pitch when Cousins was moved into the centre, he fluffed his lines.

Jackson - 5.5 Some should look more carefully at what JJ does for the side. One of the reasons that Norwich's corners were relatively ineffective, was the number of times JJ got headers on them at the near post, and thumped them to safety. Will not be effective if the midfield is over run.

Cousins - 6.5 As usual, an all action performance. Was immense when moved into central midfield, usually in the vanguard of our quick break outs.

Bulot - 5 Either he didn't know what he was supposed to do, or was confused. Tried to play as both a striker and a midfielder, and fell between two stools. Has good ball control, but I still think his best position is left wing.

Vetokele - 6.5 Much better performance. Hassled and harried the opposition all game. Showed more desire than of late, and scoring a goal may get him on a run again.

Watt - 6 I would probably give him a higher score if he had longer on the pitch. Showed determination, and no small amount of skill. Igor, that is the way to score a one-on-one with the keeper!

Harriott - 6 Looked lively and motivated. Must take a huge slice of the credit for the 2nd goal. Yes, not everything came off for him, but at least he tried. Also, never forgot his defensive duties either, often chasing back to help out defensively.
  • Dmitrovic 5 To blame for 2nd - not sure whether he could get 1st and 3rd but might have got closer to them
    Solly 4 Passing terrible by his usual standards – to blame for first – worst game I have seen him have.
    Wiggins 5 pretty anonymous – had a couple of opportunities to get ball in box – first was tragic low effort, second bottled it and passed ball.
    Bikey 4 Showed passion and didn’t hide like some, but also looked a shadow of the player we saw earlier this season
    Ben Haim 5 showed the odd quality touch but looked disinterested
    Gudmundsson 3 was he playing?
    Buyens 5 Seemed to be moderately working but to no real effect
    Jackson 5 put in effort, but games pass him by now
    Cousins 8 some misplaced passes but easy enough when nobody to pass to. Trying to do it all on his own. An absolute hero through all of this and putting older pros to shame. Needs to be first pick in the central midfield area.
    Bulot 5 I thought he tried, but lacked support
    Vetokele 7 worked his way into game
    Watt 8 made a difference
    Harriott 4 Needs to look hard at himself.

• Dmitrovic 7
    Solly 5
    Wiggins 5
    Bikey 5
    Ben Haim 7
    Gudmundsson 6
    Buyens 6
    Jackson 6
    Cousins 7
    Bulot 5
    Vetokele 7
    Watt 8
    Harriott 6
  • Dmitrovic 5.5 Please catch it when unopposed. Could he have got down quicker for the opener?
    Solly 5 Haven't seen him over run like that often.
    Wiggins 6 Dogged but they still got behind him.
    Bikey 5 Dreadful distribution but don't agree with suggestions that he didn't care.
    Ben Haim 6
    Gudmundsson 5.5
    Buyens 3.5 The bookings are just annoying now for someone who doesn't tackle.
    Jackson 4.5
    Cousins 6.5 Made mistakes but was desperate to haul us back into contention.
    Bulot 5 Can we not play him on the left?
    Vetokele 6.5 As per JC.
    Watt 7.5 Made a real difference with willingness to hold on to the ball and run at them.
    Harriott Tried hard and gave us a bit more energy.
  • Dmitrovic 5.5
    Solly 5
    Wiggins 6
    Bikey 4
    Ben Haim 4
    Gudmundsson 5.5
    Buyens 4.5
    Jackson 4
    Cousins 6.5
    Bulot 4
    Vetokele 6.5
    Watt 7
    Harriott 6
  • Sponsored links:

• colin1961 said:

Dmitrovic 7 pretty steady no chance with both goals,
    Solly 3 the whole game was awful, struggling at this level at fault for first goal
    Wiggins 3 Same as Solly either full back just cant stop the crosses coming in
    Bikey 7 Done a lot of work spent to much time covering at full back , looked knacked at the end
    Ben Haim7 Same to much time spent covering full back mistakes
    Gudmundsson 6 needs to move central some good touches but not enough of the ball
    Buyens 6 worked his socks off had no help in mid
    Jackson 3 at least Luzon made the right call to take him off, should have been earlier.
    Cousins 6 missed a simple header early on but gives his all but something missing ?
    Bulot 6 Should not have gone off, needed to see more of the ball
    Vetokele 7 worked hard , like Bulot first half needed the ball
    Watt 8 MOM Changed the game.
    Harriott 6 very little from Harriott

overall a harsh result we deserved a point

I feel so sorry for the kids in the team you coach. They've effectively started their footballing education blindfolded.
  • for those of you watching the match tonight your marks please:

Dmitrovic 6
    Solly 5
    Wiggins 5.5
    Bikey 5
    Ben Haim 5
    Gudmundsson 5.5
    Buyens 5
    Jackson 5
    Cousins 6
    Bulot 4
    Vetokele 6.5
    Watt 7 MOM
    Harriott 6

• Dmitrovic - 6 (one bad punch but no chance with goals)
    Solly - 5 (well below his usual standards)
    Wiggins - 4 (shocking defending and never got forward to any effect)
    Bikey - 2 (would have been a generous 5 but point deducted for each time Jerome muscled him off the ball)
    Ben Haim - 5 (see Solly)
    Gudmundsson - 4 (game passed him by)
    Buyens - 4 (lazy, disinterested)
    Jackson - 4 (time has come for the skipper I'm afraid)
    Cousins - 4 (awful in possession and weak physically)
    Igor - 7 (great strike and worked himself into the ground, despite the lack of service)
    Bulot - 2 (woeful and never ever up to this league, and could well have been hooked in first half)
    Watt - 7 (far more effective than bulot, ran at defenders and lively. Well taken goal.
    Harriott - 3 (same old. Completely ineffective)
  • Dmitrovic - 5 - Not good enough at this level was nervous and Norwich knew that. Did someone keep throwing hand greandes at him. Needs to command and catch.
    Solly - 5.5 Not one of his best.
    Wiggins - 4 - Crap and has been most of the season.
    Bikey - 5 Think hes had enough and it showed.
    Ben Haim - 5.5 Was ok but was worried in the second hlaf he was going to get sent off.
    Gudmundsson - 5 - off the pace but its been down to him in recent weeks.
    Buyens - 4 - Another needless booking should be commanding in the centre instead of playing 2nd fiddle to the oppositions midfielders.
    Jackson - 4 Poor i could have done better.
    Cousins - 6 Was ok but nothing special cant understand why others are raving about his performance last night.
    Bulot - 3 Crap
    Vetokele - 6.5 Diabolical service last night but should have done better in the first half when running at their defence.
    Watt - 7.5 MOM changed the game second half, He must start Saturday.
    Harriott - 4. Inefective as usual.
  • Dmitrovic 6 cannot realy blame him for the goals but why did he not catch the ball when under no pressure?
    Solly 6.5 as many have posted, not his best game and he was robbed going forward which ended in the 1st goal but even then others should have done better to block the shot.
    Wiggins 5.5 poor 1st half but against a very good winger. Takes him several matches to get upto speed.
    Bikey 4 he has been getting more and more erratic and this was his worst game for us to date.....
    Ben Haim 6.5 not one of his better games as his passing was often inaccurate and/or dangerous.
    Gudmundsson again a player not having one of his better performaces. Tightly marked but bottled several challenges.
    Buyens 3 going through the motions as he has for the greater part of the season. Should just fuck off now please!!!!
    Jackson 5 tried hard and battled but not fit.
    Cousins 8 great effort and some good and bad passes. Should always be played in the centre.
    Bulot 3 ran around and achieved very little other than nuisance value. Perhaps he is always played out of position - wherever that is as I have never seen him have an effective game. Probably played because GL thought it would please our meglomaniac owner!!!
    Vetokele 7.5 with support in the 2nd half produced some good play with Watt.
    Watt 8.5 almost a game changer. Exciting to watch and hopefully will play 90 minutes from now on.
    Harriott 6 tried hard and was involved. Much better out on the wing.
  • Dmitrovic - 5 Not at fault for either goal, but punched under no pressure when he could have caught the ball
    Solly - 5 gave the ball away for the first, but got little support from Gudmundsson
    Wiggins - 6 was never going to be an easy game against Redmond
    Bikey - 4 poor passing and always looks like making a rash decision
    Ben Haim - 6 looks a bit disinterested, but solid enough, even with Bikey next to him
    Gudmundsson - 5 disappointing game from him, still one of our best going forward, but I think other teams know that too
    Buyens - 4 Game passed him by
    Jackson - 4 Game passed him by
    Cousins - 6 lots of energy, but lacking in support and options from the rest when on the ball
    Bulot - 6 actually thought he looked like he wanted the ball and to get involved but didn't get much service. Not sure what his preferred position is.
    Vetokele - 6 ran himself into the ground chasing shadows in the first half, he must get so frustrated by the lack of service and a strike partner.
    Watt - 8 what is it going to take for him to start. Our best by a long way today.
    Harriott - 6 Good to see him on the left, think it's his best position, and would mean we can push cousins inside.
  • Leuth said:

I think most of the people marking must have left at half time

Dmitrovic 5 needs to catch more, played his part in the second goal
    Solly 5 robbed for first goal, didn't do much going forward
    Bikey 5 shaky for last two goals but dug himself out of a hole a few times
    Ben Haim 6 did ok
    Wiggins 5 had some bad moments but kept going
    Gudmundsson 5.5 Not a great game but showed the odd touch of class
    Buyens 6 Thought he was more combative than usual and perked up in the second half alongside everyone else
    Jackson 4 He goes off and we start to resemble a football team. Happened a few times this season. Nothing against him but this is getting fairly conclusive. Off the pace and only good for the occasional tackle.
    Cousins 8 MOM Enormous final half hour in the middle where he belongs
    Bulot 3.5 Out of position and it showed
    Vetokele 7.5 Strove hard and got some reward despite a few blind alleys
    Watt 8 Looked sharp and took it to them
    Harriott 7.5 His mere presence changed the game. Not his biggest fan - nobody is - but he really wanted it and some of his stuff came off

Exactly as I saw it and the same marks from me.
  • Dmitrovic - 5
    Solly - 5.5
    Wiggins - 5.5
    Bikey - 5
    Ben Haim - 5
    Gudmundsson - 6.5
    Buyens - 5
    Jackson - 5
    Cousins - 6.5
    Bulot - 5
    Vetokele - 7
    Watt - 7
    Harriott - 6.5
  • Dmitrovic - 6
    Solly - 5.5
    Wiggins - 5
    Bikey - 3
    Ben Haim - 6.5
    Gudmundsson - 5.5
    Buyens - 4.5
    Jackson - 6.5
    Cousins - 6
    Bulot - 5
    Vetokele - 6.5 -
    Watt - 8
    Harriott - 6.5
  • Dmitrovic - 6 Couldn't fault for the goals and I guess its the continental way to punch that does not give confidence
    Solly - 5 Probably as poor a game I have seen him play. At one point seemed in deep conversation with JJ (would have liked to have been a fly on the wall)
    Wiggins - 5 looks less than average because of poor decisions at times
    Bikey - 5 Thought he looked very tired at the end
    Ben Haim - 4 Distribution was awful and wasn't interested in going up for corners - went missing on the 2nd goal
    Gudmundsson - 5 was poor in possession and swerved a couple of 50/50's
    Buyens - 1.5 What does this guy do - can't tackle - can't run with the ball - doesn't shoot -can't mark -doesn't provide any incisive passes. watch the 2nd goal from our free kick as he receives the ball via JJ in the LEFT BACK position - What the hell was he doing there ?
    Jackson - 5 Tried for 20 mins stepping up and closing down - sadly I think that along with the team/fans confidence his legs are gone
    Cousins - 6 Tried and always willing to run with the ball unfortunately he is a right back and lacks at the vital moment Ball skills. Too often either control or passing ability lets him down
    Bulot - 1 Absolutely appalling - he had no idea how to support Vetokele -
    Vetokele - 6.5 - Always tried and shut down the opposition - linked up well in 2nd with Watt at times - control lets him down
    Watt - 8 - gets my vote because he can hold the ball up - makes things happen - wont always come off but creates some drive and passion.
    Harriott - 6.5 supported well and had a hand in the 2nd goal

If I could mark Luzon I would because the organisation in the 1st half was basic and whist players often don't play well when low on confidence how you set the team up has an impact. 4-4-1-1 at home is not good enough as was proved in the 2nd half when we went 2 up top. In the first half Bikey took a free kick 10 yards in the oppo's half and we had 1 forward in their penalty area so he passed the ball back into our half to TBH. How we are set up at corners, free kicks is down to the Management and on last nights evidence and I include Damien it was a Sunday Team who meet only when there is a game and not when supposedly practicing 3/4 days a week
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2015
    Dmitrovic 6 scared off the ball in the air
    Solly - 5 one of the worst games I've seen him play. was at fault for the first and kept leaving their winger unmarked.
    Wiggins - 5 a bit blind to balls in the air.
    Bikey - 5 at fault for third goal. cleared the ball from corners but his odd decision making can cost us.
    Ben Haim - 4 really gone down hill. at fault for numerous attacks by Norwich. including a goal. kept providing hospital balls to everyone which made it easy for them to close us down.
    Gudmundsson - 6 at times did ok. other times he just doesn't bother to get himself in a position to collect the ball.
    Buyens - 4 another crap game. can't tackle and even his passing has gone down hill.
    Jackson - 5 had an average game.
    Cousins - 7 as soon as he was in his PROPER position he ran things. makes mistakes but for all the bad he doubles that in good stuff.
    Bulot - 4 anonymous.
    Vetokele - 6 once he had watt along side he had a chance to work something up front
    Watt - 7 apart from his lack of getting back onside when an attack breaks down he made a lot of good things happen. good goal.
    Harriott - 5 his energy helped but not a lot came off when with the ball.

Luzon -2 - firstly where the fuck did Bulot come from? why play him ahead of watt in a man in the hole role? cousins yet again in the wrong position (like every manager he's had) tactics of long ball from the back to no one. having the tactic of a rigid two banks of four who were too deep. two nil down before he realised someone needs to be alongside Igor. looking like a clown on the touchline.

everything he did wrong at the start he had to try and change during the second half. will he learn? Saturday will tell but he shouldn't be making these mistakes in the first place. what do they do in training? had he ever even seen Norwich play before? in this league you don't get time to pass it around the back four.

• Vetokele - 5.5 - Better in 2nd half, but does appear lazy at times.

He chased and harried all game, what more do you want from him when we can't provide him with any service?
    In my opinion there were times he should've been getting back on-side rather than ambling back...and this was true even when he hadn't been on a run previously and should've had the energy to do so.
    Like I say, my opinion...don't really care if you don't agree.
  • Dmitrovic - 4 chose to punch...can't punch. Poor decision to rush out for 2nd.

Solly - 4 worst game I have seen him play. At fault for first & targeted all night.

Wiggins - 3.5 caught too many times, defending is getting worse & not even getting forward well

Bikey - 3.5 the world's against you Andre isn't it? Poor mite!! Stop shrugging your shoulders & feeling sorry for yourself. Get your act together.

Ben Haim - 4 at fault for 2nd & main culprit in f**king up every bloody free kick we get. We move people up and then he passes sideways/backwards & every team is able to then turn our free kicks into pressure against us!!

Gudmundsson - 5.5 a bright spark, but needs to be on the left wing not the right.

Buyens - 3 I broke more sweat running for the bus after the game. And I didn't break sweat doing that!

Jackson - 5 not fit, but still the only leader on the pitch

Cousins - 7 feel sorry for him. Trying to cover too many underperforming teammates!

Bulot - 3.5 really not sure what that was all about. Were you meant to be upfront? Igor won a few headers, but you were nowhere near running onto them

Vetokele - 6.5 some good touches (lovely lay off to Watt) some poor (heavy touch when going through & lucky to force corner). Chased his own knock on at one stage in first half as Bulot obviously wasn't going to do it

Watt - 7 changed the game. Breathed fresh air into attack and worked well with Igor. Start them both.

Harriott - 4 where is the player who finished last season on a high?

Two poor defences, ripe for picking off. Yet again, our two banks of four are sitting on top of each other. No outlet from corners against us. Why do we have no one left up? It pulls at least two opponents back as well. So many poor points, but please Luzon, sort out our poxy free kicks. Try sending them forward instead immediately putting ourselves under pressure!
  • Dmitrovic 5
    Solly 7
    Wiggins 6
    Bikey 5
    Ben Haim 7
    Gudmundsson 4
    Buyens 4
    Jackson 4
    cousins 7
    Bulot 4
    Vetokele 7

Watt 7
    Harriott 5
  • Dmitrovic 5 gave him the benefit of the doubt in previous games, not Championship standard, come back Henderson!
    Solly 5 Sadly worst game that I have seen him play, think 2 games in four days is too much, at least Riga knew this.
    Wiggins 5 Rest of defence don't help him. Prefer him to Fox.
    Bikey 2 Should never play for the 1st team again, why oh why did we let Morro go. Has become a sad joke of a player.
    Saw him take 2 free kicks in the first half straight to Norwich players. FFS!
    Ben Haim 5 Just not interested, few hospital balls to Solly when marked by 3 Norwich players
    Gudmundsson 5 Has the skill but probably doesn't want to tackle or get injured.
    Buyens 4 Don't think that he can play for this clown of a head coach.
    Jackson 5 Sadly Jacko is not the same as we used to know, all this network nonsense must be affecting him!
    Cousins 7 One of our own, puts in 100%, never hides, becoming too good for us!
    Bulot 3 Why was he playing or was his selection ordered by RD?
    Vetokele 6 The only one with any guts apart from Cousins until Tony Watt came on.
    Watt 7.5 MOM for me takes people on fights for the ball, wish this would rub off on Buyens, Ben Haim, JBG
    Harriot 7 Run half the pitch to make our 2nd goal, involved with the 1st, should have started like Watts!

Head Coach: You are clearly out of your depth, please do the decent thing and hand in your notice ASAP!
  • Dmitrovic 5
    Solly 4
    Wiggins 4
    Bikey 3.5
    Ben Haim 5
    Gudmundsson 4
    Buyens 3.5
    Jackson 4
    Cousins 6
    Bulot 3
    Vetokele 6
    Watt 6
    Harriott 5
  • Dmitrovic 5
    Solly 5
    Wiggins 5
    Bikey 4
    Ben Haim 6
    Gudmundsson 6
    Buyens 5
    Jackson 5
    Cousins 6
    Bulot 4
    Vetokele 6
    Watt 7
    Harriott 5
  • Dmitrovic 6
    Solly6
    Wiggins6
    Bikey5
    Ben Haim6
    Gudmundsson6
    Buyens4
    Jackson6
    Cousins7
    Bulot4
    Vetokele6
    Watt7
    Harriott6

• Sorry LL but reading some of the marks on here tonight just confirms for me why I don't post my own marks.

Somewhat of a pompous comment. Be pretty dull if we all agreed.
  • Sorry LL but reading some of the marks on here tonight just confirms for me why I don't post my own marks.

It is revealing how we all watch the same game and yet often see it so very differently. About the only consistent I can see is that almost everyone seems to think Bikey had a mare and Luzon didn't really know what he was doing, certainly in the first half