Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Trust Public Meeting 18th Feb, Woolwich Grand Theatre 7.30

124»

Comments

• edited February 2015

I know the place used to be a cinema, so I hope they still sell popcorn................

According to ITTV Reams isn't going. Can't get the time off work apparently.
  • StevieK said:

Sorry, I did not mean any offence by that. I am just trying to highlight what I see as a problem - people have very strong views (which they are entitled to) but they do not tend to lend themselves to questions that the club can answer in any way that would satisfy the people concerned.

As I say, I am right behind the Trust in this and will definitely try to make it. In my opinion, it is exactly what the Trust should be doing. I am just struggling to envisage what the beneficial outcomes might look like.

I am also rather worried that some poor soul (presumably the person who ends chairing the meeting) is going to left with a mandate of 100 different random concerns, opinions, and grievances (some of them completely valid, some of them at least partly conspiracy theory, some of them contradictory) that they are mandated to 'go and do something about', when they really have no power to do any such thing.

And I apologise for getting too excited about the prospect, however remote, of upsetting the RD applecart sometime down the line.

As with the actual football, I have to remain optimistic & try to keep that black cloud from hovering over my old nut.

The tablets DO help....

• edited February 2015

I know the place used to be a cinema, so I hope they still sell popcorn................

According to ITTV Reams isn't going. Can't get the time off work apparently.
    Apparently he already knows what was said at next weeks meeting.
  • vffvff
    edited February 2015
    I am disappointed to read on ITTV and Not 606 some comments that they are cooling on the idea of the meeting.

Creative and effective ideas and actions will come from everyone looking to work together.

Now is the time to bury differences on all sides as the integrity and future of Charlton is at real threat from the way Duchatelet is running / removing any ambition from the club.
  • From what I can see it's the same people on both forums who seem hell bent on trying to make others believe that the Trust is something evil. I wouldn't pay it any attention. If things start to move in a positive direction, they will all try to jump on the bandwagon. I notice none of the people who are being vocal about it have come up with any alternative solutions.
  • vff said:

I am disappointed to read on ITTV and Not 606 some comments that they are cooling on the idea of the meeting.

Creative and effective ideas and actions will come from everyone looking to work together.

Now is the time to bury differences on all sides as the integrity and future of Charlton is at real threat from the way Duchatelet is running / removing any ambition from the club.

I couldn't agree more. Some people seem to have agendas though that's making it very difficult to get people to understand what this meeting is about. I just don't know what they seek to gain from it, really I don't.
  • vff said:

Constructive criticism is welcome, the key is in the first word.
  • I do have a peek on ITTV every now & then and have just looked at not606 (wasn't even aware of it until now) and I find the negativity towards anything that isn't their idea quite amusing. All seem happy to fire cheap shots at those who are actually getting off their arses to do something proactive, yet offer no alternative.

You know what, this meeting might just turn out to be a complete waste of time and a platform for certain individuals to blow smoke up their own passages, but we won't know until it happens.

I find it hilarious that some people are complaining about the trust are setting guidelines regarding speaking at the event etc. Who do they expect to organise it then? Would they be happy if Razil & Co were to announce "Okay guys, we've sorted out the date & venue, now we'll take a back-seat and let chaos commence". Can you imagine what a cluster fuck it would be if everyone were to just shout out their rant with no restrictions? (a bit like a thread on a forum I guess).

So many angry fans amongst us, yet all we seem to be doing is pointing it at each other, rather than at the common enemy. If this is a representation of the people of our nation, it makes me wonder how we ever managed to organise an armed forces, let alone win 2 world wars...................

Brian: Excuse me. Are you the Judean People's Front?
    Reg: F*** off! 'Judean People's Front'. We're the People's Front of Judea! 'Judean People's Front'.
    Francis: Wankers.
  • Sponsored links:

• I post on ITTV and Not606 and I will be going. I think the main problem that certain posters have on those forums, is that it doesn't turn into a Trust recruitment drive and that other true Charlton fans have a voice.
  • dickplumb said:

I post on ITTV and Not606 and I will be going. I think the main problem that certain posters have on those forums, is that it doesn't turn into a Trust recruitment drive and that other true Charlton fans have a voice.

Not sure what else the Trust can say that proves it is acting purely as a facilitator. The Trust as I understand it is a "Supporters Trust", not anyone else's Trust. The Trust as a body, does not hold a view divorced from the views of supporters who engage. The more supporters who engage the more accurate is the consensus views of supporters represented. There is nothing that says the Trust will only represent the views of paid up members, it says it will represent the views of "Supporters".

If any group hold a view which they find is not a consensus view they can set up a different body to try and get their particular views heard if they feel apart from "Supporters". Unfortunately it's inevitable that egos get involved that think their own voice should carry equal, if not more, weight than a representative voice of the many.
    razil said:

can I echo Dan and say its best to lay off second guessing the meeting, the Trust are also doing their best to make this an inclusive meeting, part of that will be that I don't chair it and I am trying to lay off commenting on the meeting and outcomes.
    Plus membership is not required for entry, I think the plan is to have a bucket to cover entry/hall hire, but the sub cte will confirm. Its a shame its not this week, but hey ho.

Its a difficult task but we are trying to ensure there are no hierarchies, and that as many views are heard as possible - Its time to try put aside the small stuff, let the meeting play out.

I think that's sensible. With some fans already trying to spread the hate about this meeting, any way the Trust can attempt to prove impartiality should be welcomed.