Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Trust Public Meeting 18th Feb, Woolwich Grand Theatre 7.30

Comments

• Options
    Apologies just seen address on link.
  • Options

Aah. The ABC cinema. Let's forget the meeting & show the 1998 play off final :-)

Think I saw James Bond in Goldfinger there.....
    Like the pic
  • Options
    Parking in tescos. You get 3 hours for free
  • Options
    edited February 2015

Fans need to stick together.

Isn`t that what football is all about?

Personally, I am hoping (and confident) that Charlton fans are not mugs. We have a beautiful football club steeped in history and with MASSIVE involvement from fans. Such a meeting is an instinct reaction and shows the character of those driving it.

I think it will be interesting because there are a lot of informed people. I will be there.

Anyone about should rock up because its a great venue and I expect to be impressed by the product of those organising it rather than disappointed.

People have speculated about numbers and I am more a BS merchant than a statistician so I will pay homage to the best

23 trainspotters 0% A natural and heartfelt reaction to a sea-change in how a local club is being run 100% support

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Raz how can I contribute to the cost of the night if I ain't going to be there??
  • Options
    car parking.......
    http://www.cityvisitor.co.uk/woolwich/parking.html

I will be parking on the 'estate' the other side of John Wilson street ..... St mary Street area.
    Of course wether I have a car when I return, remains to be seen?
    Parking in Woolwich has always been a nightmare.....
    The warden's are very 'keen' shall we say......
  • Options
    I live in Woolwich. You can park in Tesco for a few hours no problem.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Just a thought here BUT

I personally think it would be a good idea to invite Roderick Duchatelet (Roland's son) as he is a shareholder in staprix (the company who own charlton and currently
    Negotiating the sale of ujpest fc) to the meeting , could this be an option?

Would give the 'opposing' views a voice as well as a sneaky way to get RD to hear what we are saying...
  • Options
    Yeah it's a good idea but I reckon there woukd be so much slagging of his dad that it's pointless
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2015
    I've got a meeting in Blackburn on the 18th and it's going to be touch and go if I can get there for 7.30pm. If I'm late, am I going to be able to get in? I've cleared my diary for the 19th so it means I can stay over with family and drive home the next day. I can't cancel the Blackburn meeting however, it's been 6 months in the making and could have a huge impact on my business if all goes well.
  • Options

I've got a meeting in Blackburn on the 18th and it's going to be touch and go if I can get there for 7.30pm. If I'm late, am I going to be able to get in? I've cleared my diary for the 19th so it means I can stay over with family and drive home the next day. I can't cancel the Blackburn meeting however, it's been 6 months in the making and could have a huge impact on my business if all goes well.

It's a very big venue. Plenty of room for everyone, so no need for tickets or anything like that. You are welcome whatever time you can make it.
  • Options
    I will be there from Chesterfield
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Just a thought here BUT

I personally think it would be a good idea to invite Roderick Duchatelet (Roland's son) as he is a shareholder in staprix (the company who own charlton and currently

Would give the 'opposing' views a voice as well as a sneaky way to get RD to hear what we are saying...

He is invited.
  • Options
    Is Curbs invited?
  • Options
    WSA said:

Is Curbs invited?

He's invited too.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

sammy391 said:

Just a thought here BUT

He is invited.
    Have actual invites been sent?
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

se9addick said:

sammy391 said:

Just a thought here BUT

He is invited.
    Have actual invites been sent?
    Sorry - I'm being slightly sarcastic here - it's a public meeting, literally everyone can attend. Someone emailed me asking what would happen if KM wanted to come and I said to them that there's no problem with that, everyone can come provided they are willing to be courteous, non-abusive and abide by the rules of civilized debate.

If you are asking if specific invites have been sent out then no they haven't, and I don't think they should.
  • Options
    What time will the meeting finish.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Badger said:

What time will the meeting finish.

Are you under a curfew? There's plenty of ways to bring it to a sharp conclusion :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It's a very big venue. Plenty of room for everyone, so no need for tickets or anything like that. You are welcome whatever time you can make it.
    That's great thank you, I just wondered if the doors would be closed at a certain time effectively locking me out.
  • Options
    As a recap to the main things that have happened in the past 13 months, I've posted a Duchatelet timeline here: https://staddickstics.wordpress.com/2015/02/09/unlucky-for-some/

I'm working on some summaries of players coming and goings in that time and will post that soon.
  • Options
    unfortunately, Its half-term, so my priorities will be elsewhere. saying that I think this is a great idea, and hope it goes well.
  • Options

Where is the best place to park and could you put the full address up please. Travelling from Surrey, hope I get there before it starts.

Park in Surrey and get the train to Woolwich Arsenil pal, about a 2 minute walk from there moosh
  • Options
    se9addick said:

sammy391 said:

Just a thought here BUT

He is invited.
    You can come an all if you and otherwise busy @se9addick ; )
  • Options
    brogib said:

se9addick said:

sammy391 said:

Just a thought here BUT

He is invited.
    You can come an all if you and otherwise busy @se9addick ; )
    Nah, don't think the meetings a very good idea !
  • Options
    Will anyone else be attending this alone?
  • Options

Will anyone else be attending this alone?

Paulie's got loads of mates since it was his birthday yesterday, if it's yours today open a thread and you'll be fine, if not make yourself known to Paulie and his new mates :wink: