Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Palace fans embarrassing themselves again

145791026

Comments

  • Solidgone said:

    What’s with the pro millwall nonsense on hear - pathetic 
    agreed
  • DOUCHER said:
    Solidgone said:

    What’s with the pro millwall nonsense on hear - pathetic 
    agreed
    The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Old Greek proverb - it happens.
  • iaitch said:
    Strange that their home pub is The Albion and their biggest rival is Brighton.

    Stranger still that they are old enough to drink in a pub 
  • Looks like today, I’m either getting wet or being mistaken for a Palace supporter. 
  • edited January 2022
    iaitch said:
    Strange that their home pub is The Albion and their biggest rival is Brighton.

    Stranger still that they are old enough to drink in a pub 
    Doesn't say they are drinking but just putting money behind the bar. Maybe it's a Christmas Savings club?
  • DOUCHER said:
    Solidgone said:

    What’s with the pro millwall nonsense on hear - pathetic 
    agreed
    Actually think it's anti Palace stuff.
  • DOUCHER said:
    Solidgone said:

    What’s with the pro millwall nonsense on hear - pathetic 
    agreed
    The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Old Greek proverb - it happens.
    they are both the enemy and i would prefer palace to win 
  • DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Solidgone said:

    What’s with the pro millwall nonsense on hear - pathetic 
    agreed
    The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Old Greek proverb - it happens.
    they are both the enemy and i would prefer palace to win 
    I’ve always hated Millwall more personally.  The obvious reason is our piss poor record against them.  It’s pathetic.  Mentioned it on the Stripey Nigel’s thread, that it’s all about personal preference, and you if you hate Palace more than Millwall then who am I to question it, but on balance, I’d rather see Palace go through.  
  • Sponsored links:


  • I'm torn, want them both to lose.

    If Palace win, that's basically as expected, it was a rubbish game for Millwall and not that good for Palace.  But as Oohahh says, they've got a chance of going on a cup run.

    If Millwall win, it's embarrassing for Palace and Millwall will get knocked out anyway.  But Millwall fans have a good day out.

    On balance, I probably want Millwall to win - Palace out to them, and then they'll lose in the next round or two.
  • vffvff
    edited January 2022
    Its a tough call. If palace go on a cup run, it could pressurre on the league, and increase risk of injury of key players. Palace have been dependent for some years on their talisman Saha. When Saha is injured they have been barely able to win a game. Palace probably have enough in their squad not to get relegated unfortunately. They come up with surprise results against the top teams as well. Any cp success they have stokes their cringey 'south london is ours' campaign / mentaility.
    Similarly a cup run would likely derail a Millwall promotion bid. Millwall being promoted is worse than them winning the cup. A cup win is also unlikely. The top 6 or 7 teams are way ahead and dominate the competition and even if Millwall get to the final / Wembley, they are unlikely to win. There is also a good chance that the mass of Millwall supporters, who don't usually go to games, and follow due to the fighting / toughness image will then turn up at Wembley and act like coked up / drunken idiots and embarrass them on national television.
    So on balance, a terrible, scrappy, physical and full on 0-0 game (with injuries to key players all round) followed by a replay at Crystal Palace and another dour scrappy game (with more injuries) with Millwall winning 1-0 is best. That also has the entertainment of the Palace cringey south London is ours claim shown up as ludicrous home and away.
    Correction
    NB Thanks @iainment. Thanks for heads up - have not been paying too much attention to other teams / competition rules in general this season due to full on work commitments.
    That's not so good this particularly fixture, though penalty shoots are entertaining and no replays make sense in a Covid impacted season. Then as above with a 1-0 Millwall home win with a dour scrappy game with a scrappy own goal / penalty on the 77th minute. Neither of the supporters deserve the entertainment of a penalty shoot out. Millwall to win as it will derail any promotion bid, they may put together. Then as above with a 1-0 Millwall home win with a dour scrappy game with a scrappy own goal / penalty on the 77th minute. Neither of the supporters deserve the entertainment of a penalty shoot out.
  • vff said:
    Its a tough call. If palace go on a cup run, it could pressurre on the league, and increase risk of injury of key players. Palace have been dependent for some years on their talisman Saha. When Saha is injured they have been barely able to win a game. Palace probably have enough in their squad not to get relegated unfortunately. They come up with surprise results against the top teams as well. Any cp success they have stokes their cringey 'south london is ours' campaign / mentaility.
    Similarly a cup run would likely derail a Millwall promotion bid. Millwall being promoted is worse than them winning the cup. A cup win is also unlikely. The top 6 or 7 teams are way ahead and dominate the competition and even if Millwall get to the final / Wembley, they are unlikely to win. There is also a good chance that the mass of Millwall supporters, who don't usually go to games, and follow due to the fighting / toughness image will then turn up at Wembley and act like coked up / drunken idiots and embarrass them on national television.
    So on balance, a terrible, scrappy, physical and full on 0-0 game followed by a replay at Crystal Palace and another dour scrappy game with Millwall winning is best. That also has the entertainment of the Palace cringey south London is ours claim shown as ludicrous home and away.
    No replays this year.
  • edited January 2022
    Saw a guy running, down the high street with a Millwall scarf on, think he was running away from some Palace fans….
  • vffvff
    edited January 2022
    iainment said:
    vff said:
    Its a tough call. If palace go on a cup run, it could pressurre on the league, and increase risk of injury of key players. Palace have been dependent for some years on their talisman Saha. When Saha is injured they have been barely able to win a game. Palace probably have enough in their squad not to get relegated unfortunately. They come up with surprise results against the top teams as well. Any cp success they have stokes their cringey 'south london is ours' campaign / mentaility.
    Similarly a cup run would likely derail a Millwall promotion bid. Millwall being promoted is worse than them winning the cup. A cup win is also unlikely. The top 6 or 7 teams are way ahead and dominate the competition and even if Millwall get to the final / Wembley, they are unlikely to win. There is also a good chance that the mass of Millwall supporters, who don't usually go to games, and follow due to the fighting / toughness image will then turn up at Wembley and act like coked up / drunken idiots and embarrass them on national television.
    So on balance, a terrible, scrappy, physical and full on 0-0 game followed by a replay at Crystal Palace and another dour scrappy game with Millwall winning is best. That also has the entertainment of the Palace cringey south London is ours claim shown as ludicrous home and away.
    No replays this year.
    That's not so good for this particularly fixture, though in general penalty shoots are entertaining and no replays make sense in a Covid impacted season. Then as above with a 1-0 Millwall home win with a dour scrappy game with a scrappy own goal / penalty on the 77th minute. Neither of the supporters deserve the entertainment of a penalty shoot out. Millwall to win as it will likely derail any promotion bid, they may put together & have very little chance of winning the cup.
  • Sponsored links:


  • Don't want either to win, but assuming the hilarious 'ultras' play up let's have them both kicked out. 
  • Saw a guy with  running, down the high street with a Millwall scarf on, think he was running away from some Palace fans….
    You should move
  • Want Millwall to win, purely on the basis that our tame CL Millwall posters @Big_Bad_World and @MillwallFan come across as decent chaps 

    So on that basis, you want the Nigels to win !! 😳
  • No Jed Wallace for the spanners. bout time someone poached him. 
  • Want Millwall to win, purely on the basis that our tame CL Millwall posters @Big_Bad_World and @MillwallFan come across as decent chaps 

    So on that basis, you want the Nigels to win !! 😳

    yeah, i'm just going to slip over to spannerlife to wish them all the best from their chums down the road.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Roland Out Forever!