Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Luzon to take positive approach at Boro

Comments

• LOL/Yippee/Cuckoo
    Delete as appropriate
  • So it sounds like he had an issue with the way Igor was playing rather than a fitness thing when subbing him last week. Or could just be making 2+2= 5. I wonder if that comment about saying he doesn't like to tell players through the media was another indication of the issues with Peeters and the players he criticised through the media (Ben Haim and when he told the press Bikey needed a kick up the back side now and then). Implying he has no intention of taking the same approach.
  • Had £30 on last weekend on various "Igor to score" related bets. I hate you Guy.
  • Who gives a shit. Irrelevant.
  • MrLargo said:

Luzon was pressed whether leading scorer Igor Vetokele was fully fit after the striker was hauled off during last weekend’s 1-1 draw with Rotherham.

“Igor Vetokele is 100 percent fit,” he replied.

“With players if I have something to tell them I tell them, not through the media.”

That's encouraging, sounds like he's already fallen out with our star striker.

WUM
  • 1-2-3-4- The Luzon Loopy Line Up .. hope it's better than the Maginot Line Up .. still, we have nothing to lose a t m (fings can only get better) and nothing to fear except fear itself (who said that ?) .. It might well scare the bejesus out of a few sides to see the Kamizaze Addicks hurtling down amongst them brimming with muscle bound aggression
  • MrLargo said:

Luzon was pressed whether leading scorer Igor Vetokele was fully fit after the striker was hauled off during last weekend’s 1-1 draw with Rotherham.

“With players if I have something to tell them I tell them, not through the media.”

WUM
    Hmmm, never been called that before. You sure?
  • Well that's good of him isn't it.
  • Sponsored links:

• MrLargo said:

WUM
    Largo or Luzon?
  • kentred2 said:

Who gives a shit. Irrelevant.

No 1 fan kentred2 ??? That's the sort of support that'll get us out if this slump
  • lets get behind the coach
  • What.... ??, pushing it
  • dallas said:

lets get behind the coach

I got behind him on Saturday, but when for the 20th time he refused to tell me why he would only play 1 striker at home to a team below as in the table,
    I told him to resign and let me take over.

• I think we need to lay off Luzon, he needs to be given a chance.

He's been brought in to do a job, we need to get behind him.

Can't we just lay him off instead?
    I had to read the bloody thing three times before it registered. Thought you were taking the pee out of me!!!!!
  • edited February 2015
    He's not saying that at all. What he is saying he wants to win every game, well... der.

It's a fairly fatuous point, rather like I like to win and don't like to lose - I should hope everyone wants to win every game otherwise they're in the wrong business. I'm not trying to dig Luzon out more this is another example of how manager press conferences are becoming increasingly dull and a bit pointless.

After the match, if Boro dominate he might be happy with a point but before the game he's trying to win. That doesn't guarantee he'll set us up to be on the front foot throughout, much more likely he'll want to keep it tight and try and nick one like we did at Wolves but that doesn't mean he is deliberately aiming for a draw, I'm not sure anyone ever actually does that unless for some freak reason a draw is beneficial to both sides.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry lost WiFi!!!

As I was saying, if they can't take a bit of tough talking/home truths and don't want to give their all for Charlton then they can "f" off in my opinion. I'd rather get relegated playing our kids than some one who's going to be off anyway.

COYR...
  • Guy is positive that we will get our arse kicked again, just like the Watford shambles.
  • Game 3, he has to be given 10 surely. He's got 2 points where I would have wanted 3, expecting 0 from this match so if we smash out another 0-0 then he'll be on track as far as I'm concerned.
  • vff said:

MrLargo said:

It sounds that way to me as well. Quite impressive to fall out with one third of the strike force (and the best one) within the first fortnight.

I see the first Charlton player heading back across to Belgium to Liege (particularly if Charlton get relegated to League One).

What GL had to tell Igor was that he is being sold to Stoke at the end of the season whatever happens to us !

(IMHO)
  • Bob commented on/dug out players in the press and got bollocked for it... Luzon refuses to make comments on players to the press, and gets bollocked for it. He had a reason for taking off Igor - maybe he was wrong but it was for a reason - and Igor will have been told it, we have not. How the hell that equates to 'falling out', I don't know. Bob calling out THE best, most experienced defender in the squad, that's a potential falling out.
  • Luzon was asked if Igor was 100% fit, all he had to say was "yes". However he went on to say that he does not attack players through the press, implying that there may be a problem.

• Bugger. Saw the thread title and thought he might have resigned.