Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Luzon continues search for new striker

2»

Comments

• 'Our scouts are searching the Standard Liege and Upjest reserve squads for one who can help us impersonate a footballer and if we find him and Roland will force him to he will agree to come then he will come.'

Only players playing in England can be signed, so no-one from RD's other teams
  • Well, that puts an end to the speculation of signing anyone!
  • The only possible silver lining for us not striking a target man before the deadline would have been that we had the right man lined up to bring in on loan. The fact that it actually seems to be up to our piss poor scouting network to now cast desperately about for someone is not a good sign
  • I assume George had to go before the window shut or else he could only be loaned to an English club. The fee from Steau would have been the reason to get him out the door?
  • The only possible silver lining for us not striking a target man before the deadline would have been that we had the right man lined up to bring in on loan. The fact that it actually seems to be up to our piss poor scouting network to now cast desperately about for someone is not a good sign

Totally agree, although worth pointing out that it's THE NETWORK's piss poor scouting network, rather than "Ours" . As far as I'm aware, Phil Chapple and co are still employed by the club and are presumably recommending plenty of perfectly adequate players who we won't be signing on the basis that they're too expensive and/or not already under contract elsewhere in the Network.
  • MrLargo said:

All sounds pretty encouraging to me, I'm pretty confident that they've already got someone in their sights, and I reckon it's this bloke: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibrahim_Somé_Salombo

Why? Well, he's already played for 7 different clubs in Belgium, he's got connections with Ze Netvork, having been on loan at St Truiden and, most importantly, he's featured in a website article about terrible strikers - http://www.kickoff.com/news/52081/worst-foreign-striker-ibrahim-some-salombo-no.-17

How many more boxes do you want ticking?!

You certainly know how to excite a girl, Mr Largo !

• cafcfan said:

Ted striker misses the target again.

I think he scored with the blond cabin crew Lady thou.

Then why didn't we loan them when the window was open?

And how can we judge our scouting network (our's, not the networks) when know suggestions have been turned down and we've only ever paid a fee once under RD (excluding any fees paid for Liege players as it's not really the same thing). They can probably recommend plenty of good players.
  • Sponsored links:

• MrLargo said:

All sounds pretty encouraging to me, I'm pretty confident that they've already got someone in their sights, and I reckon it's this bloke: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibrahim_Somé_Salombo

Why? Well, he's already played for 7 different clubs in Belgium, he's got connections with Ze Netvork, having been on loan at St Truiden and, most importantly, he's featured in a website article about terrible strikers - http://www.kickoff.com/news/52081/worst-foreign-striker-ibrahim-some-salombo-no.-17

How many more boxes do you want ticking?!

Blimey. Right on aswell
  • edited February 2015
    It's not that the playing management don't know that we need a target man.
    If it's obvious to us, it's obvious to them.

Even a player has been bleating about the lack in the press recently.

• Surely it's getting to the point where they've got to think about recalling polish Pete? We need a striker , we spent reportedly a lot of money on him and he's played 3 minutes as a sub againSt Birmingham , give him a fcuking chance!! Desperate times cause for desperate measures and come 14th feb when we've lost 3 on the bounce without scoring , Roland better expect a riot if a striker hasn't been signed
  • Did someone shout "He's that a way!" pointing out of the window?
  • cafc4life said:

Surely it's getting to the point where they've got to think about recalling polish Pete? We need a striker , we spent reportedly a lot of money on him and he's played 3 minutes as a sub againSt Birmingham , give him a fcuking chance!! Desperate times cause for desperate measures and come 14th feb when we've lost 3 on the bounce without scoring , Roland better expect a riot if a striker hasn't been signed

I'm not sure we can outside the transfer window as he's on a season long loan.

I did see him play for the u21s away at Brighton last season. Similar to Pigott for me, not quite strong enough and touch not quite good enough to hold up the ball at Championship level, and doesn't have the pace to play a different type of role.