Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Luzon continues search for new striker

Comments

• So they let a player leave without any sort of replacement lined up and ready to go. Brilliant management that.
  • It's suddenly like the club have become a film noir with subtitles.
  • Difficult to tell from the small snippets that we get but Guy does seem to be quite confrontational in his communication, which also seems to be the club tone these days
  • car crash viewing
  • So they let a player leave without any sort of replacement lined up and ready to go. Brilliant management that.

I assume you mean Tucudean who most people on here didn't rate.

If they had a replacement lined up then everyone on here would have moaned about him not being good enough.

Damned if they do and damned if they don't.
  • iaitch said:

So they let a player leave without any sort of replacement lined up and ready to go. Brilliant management that.

If they had a replacement lined up then everyone on here would have moaned about him not being good enough.

No they wouldn't. Some might have but without knowing who the player was how can you be so sure?

• I can't remember replacements being lined up when Hales, Walsh, Bowyer and many others have left.
  • Players aren't daft. Word gets around. What player would want to join Charlton right now (apart from desperate last-chancers like Roger Johnson)
  • Sponsored links:

• Here we go again, let's moan about Johnson before we've seen him play. All we have heard is gossip, rumour, hearsay.

Think the same was said about TBH and he'll probably be our player of the season.
  • You don't argue my point about Charlton not being an attractive proposition for a player at the moment then?
  • edited February 2015
    iaitch said:

So they let a player leave without any sort of replacement lined up and ready to go. Brilliant management that.

From NS article:
    Charlton had let George Tucudean go last week with the expectation a replacement would come in, meaning they now have even fewer available forwards.
    Why didn't they say to George "we'll let you move on as soon as we have a replacement in for you just so the club isn't left short"?
  • iaitch said:

Because every one moans whatever the club do.

If we signed Messi then the complaint would be why didn't we sign Ronaldo.

No, not "everyone". Some people yes, but not everyone
  • It would depend on the player, a Premiership player wouldn't find us attractive but someone from the Championship or lower divisions might depending on the contract.
  • iaitch said:

Here we go again, let's moan about Johnson before we've seen him play. All we have heard is gossip, rumour, hearsay.

Think the same was said about TBH and he'll probably be our player of the season.

Not a rumour that he was a free agent.

I think he'll be a good signing and if you read the Johnson signs thread a number of people are saying the same thing.
  • MrLargo said:

All sounds pretty encouraging to me, I'm pretty confident that they've already got someone in their sights, and I reckon it's this bloke: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibrahim_Somé_Salombo

Why? Well, he's already played for 7 different clubs in Belgium, he's got connections with Ze Netvork, having been on loan at St Truiden and, most importantly, he's featured in a website article about terrible strikers - http://www.kickoff.com/news/52081/worst-foreign-striker-ibrahim-some-salombo-no.-17

How many more boxes do you want ticking?!

I genuinely fear you've just discovered the next addition to this enthralling season.
  • Kap10 said:

Difficult to tell from the small snippets that we get but Guy does seem to be quite confrontational in his communication, which also seems to be the club tone these days

in what way was that confrontational?
  • As this week moves on the twatmeter of the total tools running our club is moving up on a daily basis, and its buried in the red right now.
    I really don't think there is anybody in this world more unsuited to running a football club than RD and the Fibber. Except probably my nan, who once said, if any player doesn't score in a game then they shouldn't be paid, including keepers.
  • Sponsored links:

• I hope we sign a striker next week.
  • MrLargo said:

All sounds pretty encouraging to me, I'm pretty confident that they've already got someone in their sights, and I reckon it's this bloke: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibrahim_Somé_Salombo

Why? Well, he's already played for 7 different clubs in Belgium, he's got connections with Ze Netvork, having been on loan at St Truiden and, most importantly, he's featured in a website article about terrible strikers - http://www.kickoff.com/news/52081/worst-foreign-striker-ibrahim-some-salombo-no.-17

Can't sign for us until the summer unless he becomes a free agent before then.

It's free agents and loans from other English clubs from now until May.
  • Unless a stiker becomes a free agent from the network.
  • cabbles said:

MrLargo said:

I genuinely fear you've just discovered the next addition to this enthralling season.
    Yeah I know mate. Only posted it as a joke but according to Twitter he's already arrived at Sparrows Lane! What have I done?!
  • Missed It said:

Players aren't daft. Word gets around. What player would want to join Charlton right now (apart from desperate last-chancers like Roger Johnson)

And he has only signed til the end of the season. Now that could well be all the club were offering him, but my guess is, he got paid off from Wolves, so can afford to take a hit on wages until the summer and sees charlton as a decent way of getting some first team football, putting himself in the shop window and trying to repair his reputation.

I can't see him staying beyond his current contract, regardless of how well he plays..........
  • iaitch said:

Hi Katrien.
  • My only comment on this is why would we let a striker leave (when we are so short of them anyway) without having a replacement ready and waiting to join? I understand that GT was not everyone's cup of tea, but with the strike force (in-appropriate word) we have left we are going to struggle on. Watt does not seem to be fit yet, Igor is not fit but has to play, Church is not exactly on fire, KAG is not yet fully ready, Pigott is out on loan. I may have missed someone, but to me George was the only fit and experienced striker we had available?
  • 'Our scouts are searching the Standard Liege and Upjest reserve squads for one who can help us impersonate a footballer and if we find him and Roland will force him to he will agree to come then he will come.'
  • Actions speak louder than words. And we have had an awful lot of words on this subject from the Club.

They usually start with "we are going to try and bring in X players during the window". This is always followed by a massive anti-climax.

I've even heard that, had he not priced himself out of the job, we invited the currently unemployed 'arry to be our new King Of Spin (albeit from the comfort of his BUPA Hospital).

I am expecting sweet FA (that doesn't stand for Football Association) from the Board in the loan window so I'm won't be disappointed. In fact, it will be quite gratifying to be proven correct - if one can get gratification in these circumstances.