Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League Darts

13»

Comments

• The only time I've bet on Taylor and he has a complete shocker! Fair play to Chisnall, proving himself big time.
  • RVB so close to a 9 darter
  • Poxy Chisnall bottling it when it matters again.
  • Score announcer clearly whispered to Chisnall at 9-9 that I had a bet on him.
  • I don't think he mentioned which Nick as I had my dosh on him too.
  • anyone go last night? what was it like in such a big arena ?
  • Having looked my predictions for the league at the start of the thread (which were pretty decent to be fair) I noticed @Elthamaddick said he had tickets for it.

Does anyone know when tickets go on sale for Worlds at Ally Pally.
  • I was there last night. Very flat atmosphere to be honest, I know people would have been coming from work (myself included) but hardly anyone there for the start of first match. Shame as the semis were both great matches.

Having been at the Ally Pally for the semis on New Years Day, the 02 wasn't a touch on it. For all those that have been to the 02 before, they had the upper tier seating open last night... can't imagine you were getting a great view of anything from up there!

Few scraps kicking off in the stands, pints being chucked around at the end - this sorta thing doesn't particularly bother me, but hadn't seen it before at the darts and seemed bizarre for a sport that isn't exactly known for being aggressive or have mad tribal support for certain people. Seemed a different type of crowd to the Worlds

To answer the other question about tickets for next Xmas, no official date released, but most likely will go on sale in June
  • anyone go last night? what was it like in such a big arena ?

i was there for the 4th year running. This time in the stands. Previously been on the tables and in a box. The atmosphere in the stands is by far the best. Its just more difficult to get a beer and go to the bog.

There was one moment when the whole arena were singing stand up if you love the darts and that was an epic moment.

Other than that - its generally a bunch of pi55heads who have been on it all day and just sing chants all night. Im sure they dont watch any of the darts.

There was a massive fight in there (again) and the standard beer chucking at the end of the night. Everyone gets soaked and your always on your toes waiting for a flying beer to dodge.

For the first time this year they opened up the top tier...(must be rubbish up there) - couldnt really hear them but all the added really was more danger to the beer fight at the end.

Absolute sausage fest with some foul chanting and behaviour....

....but i still stood up - coz i love the darts.
  • I always find watching it on the box that the atmosphere doesn't really get going till about 9ish, I suppose most people are smashed by then. Watching other competitions where its just the final on that night you normally get poor atmosphere.

Cheers will keep my eyes peeled on the PDC website for tickets.
  • Sponsored links:

• I was there last night, had table tickets quite near the front, missed half the first semi as we were in the pub - good night out, but I was so pissed I can't really remember too much about the actual darts..
  • Did anybody see last night games? what an amazing night topped of with MVG's average of 123.
  • I play in a darts league on a Thursday so dont get to watch anymore, but I saw the MVG game this morning and wow what a performence he was a dart away from finishing the game with a 136 average. If he stays as hungry for it like Taylor did for so long I reckon he will better Taylors record.
  • Sky were massively dumbing down the crowd noise when they were singing about Adam Johnson !
  • First time in years I've managed to get table seats.  Looks like the introduction of 'Flash Mobile Delivery' rather than e-tickets/physical tickets might have stopped the tickets finding the hands of the tout.