Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

12 Games Without a Win- How Do We Turn Things Around?

Our last win , i think was Reading away on the 8th of November, ( 6 draws , 6 defeats since a win) if Guy can turn this around and get us into a winning mentality i will doth my cap to you sir.

Comments

• I think we could do with signing some new players. A big centre forward would be a start.
  • Not sure I've mentioned it on here before, but we could maybe just once play and play players in their correct positions.
  • I think we could do with signing some new players. A big centre forward would be a start.

I think you'll find an experienced CB out of contract is much more befitting our needs
  • The squad we've got should be doing better. But the tactics and coaching for the past few months has been poor.

If Luzon can improve that we should have enough to stay up
  • edited February 2015
    cabbles said:

I think we could do with signing some new players. A big centre forward would be a start.

I think you'll find an experienced CB out of contract is much more befitting our needs
    You could be right, lets hope he (or she) comes with a reputation for pulling a team together and playing purely for the love of the game. That might just do it.
  • Go with

GK Henderson (if fit, otherwise Dmitrovic)
    RB Solly
    CB Ben Haim
    CB Bikey
    LB Wiggins
    RM Gudmundsson
    CM Buyens
    CM Ajderavic
    LM Harriott
    LF Watt
    RF Vetokele
  • edited February 2015
    Addicted said:

First we lull the opposition into a false sense of security.. then BAM, hit them with a 0-0.

tbh id be over the moon with a 0-0 saturday!
  • On the upside, Bulot and Henderson back soon but the downside is we don't create chances and don't have the quality attacking players required...plus no one is buying or borrowing them.
    And if you want a real downer then look at the fixtures coming up!
  • Sponsored links:

• A Hungarian second division reserve keeper and a crocked Belgian reject defensive midfielder should sort it.
  • Our last win , i think was Reading away on the 8th of November, ( 6 draws , 6 defeats since a win) if Guy can turn this around and get us into a winning mentality i will doth my cap to you sir.

I suspect that all you are going to get is negative crap, but it is a good question. If we do not sign a big centre forward today I would play Lepoint just behind the main striker. He looks as if he is good in the air and has scored a few in his time.

I would also be tempted to put Buyens out on the right and Gudmunson on left. Cousins and the kid from Spurs in central midfield. Watt up front.

Make JJ assistant coach.

• Good debate here.............

For me, we should START every game with these:

RB Solly
    CB Ben Haim
    CB Bikey
    LB Wiggins
    RM Gudmundsson
    CM Buyens
    CM Jackson
    LM Cousins
    LF Watt
    RF Vetokele

The bench needs to have some "game-changers" on it:

(Keeper) + Wilson/Gomez/Harriott/Veljikovic OR Lepointe/AhearneG/MISSING STRIKER.

Forget the following:
    Church/Moussa/Bulot/O.O./ and Maybe.........Fox/Ansah.

It's not the sort of squad to get us 5 wins from 18 games, but it can be done.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Go with

RB Solly
    CB Ben Haim
    CB Bikey
    LB Wiggins
    RM Gudmundsson
    CM Buyens
    CM Ajderavic
    LM Harriott
    LF Watt
    RF Vetokele

Ajdarevic? Of all the players in the world who don't play for us you went for Ajdarevic? Couldn't have plumped for Messi up front to give Igor a rest?
  • Dazzler21 said:

Go with

RB Solly
    CB Ben Haim
    CB Bikey
    LB Wiggins
    RM Gudmundsson
    CM Buyens
    CM Ajderavic
    LM Harriott
    LF Watt
    RF Vetokele

Ajdarevic? Of all the players in the world who don't play for us you went for Ajdarevic? Couldn't have plumped for Messi up front to give Igor a rest?
    Im guessing he means the Spurs kid.
  • edited February 2015
    Nah was seeing if anyone would notice I dropped him in...

Garry Wins! no not you VG :smile:

However you are right VGary in that I'd definitely have Veljkovic in there ahead of Cousins or Jackson (mainly because Jackson is crocked and Cousins, doesn't seem ready for CM yet... Will be happy if he is given the opportunity and proves me wrong though.

• 12 games without a win, How do we turn things around?

Perhaps that is a question that should be put forward to the 'experts' at Charlton Athletic Football Club. Surely they would have the answer and, indeed, be very grateful for you having pointed the situation out to them.

If, however, they are lost as to the reason/cause, they could ask that famous old football sage Roland Duchatelet.
  • 12 games without a win, How do we turn things around?

Perhaps that is a question that should be put forward to the 'experts' at Charlton Athletic Football Club. Surely they would have the answer and, indeed, be very grateful for you having pointed the situation out to them.

If, however, they are lost as to the reason/cause, they could ask that famous old football sage Roland Duchatelet.

No idea then.

Thanks for posting though.
  • No, afraid not RedRobo. Guess I'll have to leave it to those on much higher pay scales than me to sort it. They would know huh?

And leave it to those who have achieved all sorts of coaching badges have whole life times of football related problem solving, football player man management and inspirational team talk experience.

Cos I don't do the smiley face things, probably because I'm over 15, I will add that,if not obvious, I'm being sarcastic on both posts.
  • Past caring, but a goal from some one playing as a striker would be a step in the right direction. Not revolutionary I know, but unlikely all the same.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sign a new centre back .... ?

• Henderson
    Solly
    TBH
    Bikey/Rogers
    Wiggins

JBG
    Jackson
    Cousins
    Harriott

Igor
    Watt/Church
  • edited February 2015
    Good shout, we have a fair to middling chance of getting sufficient points to retain our Championship status if this team can all pull together in the right direction. Only possible difference play the three CBs and leave Harriott out or Milos in for the latter.
  • dickplumb said:

Rogers?

Probably force of habit with all the unpronounceable surnames we've had lately, BRE must mean Johnson.
  • Get a CF that can hold it up, who brings the midfielders into the build-up, allows the B4 to push up behind and allows the whole team to move 10-15 yards up the pitch. You never know, we might start putting opponents under pressure, create a few chances, score a few goals and win the odd game.

• edited February 2015
    Marko(Henderson when fit)
    Solly Gomez Johnson(when fit) TBH Wiggins
    JBH Cousins Milos
    Watt Igor
    3-5-2

Marko(Hendo)
    Solly TBH Johnson(when fit) Wiggins
    JBH Jackson/Buyens Cousins Milos
    Watt Igor
    4-4-2

Lepoint to prove that as an impact sub he's the dogs bollocxs
    Aherne-grant to do 20 min cameos to prove what a good prospect.
    Gomez to cover Solly for midweek games and play CB when Johnson or TBH aren't fit.

If ever Luzon just plays 1 striker again at home i will have a word at the end of the game.
  • not sure if Luzon is a typical 4-4-2 guy but with the players we've got I'd seriously think about a 3-5-2 as sbs has suggested above.

Johnson had said he likes to head the ball, is an organiser and likes a tackle. Stick him in the middle of the back 3. Ben Haim to the right and either Bikey or Gomez to the left.

Solly right wing back, Wiggo left. Tell them to bomb forward as much as they can.

Two holders in midfield, rotate between Buyens, Cousins and the Spurs youngster. Gudmondsson to play ahead of those 2 in the middle.

Vetokele and Watt until we get a hold up man in on loan. Rotate as the opposition dictates.
  • This squad is built for a 3-5-2.
  • vffvff
    edited February 2015
    Get two out of three of a decent striking partner for Vetekele, a forward thinking creative midfielder and left midfield that may turn things around !