Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

George Tucadean (pg.5-6 - Joined Steaua Bucharest on 1 1/2yr loan)

Comments

• Options

Good deal for Roland not CAFC.

This. Rumour has it that player sales at Liege went into his wallet, not the club.

• Options

This. Rumour has it that player sales at Liege went into his wallet, not the club.

Is that technically illegal?
  • Options

Is that technically illegal?
    Yes, just like employing someone without a work permit. Laws clearly don't apply to RD.

• Options

800k for George Tucadean? Now I've heard everything.

Could buy another new pitch with that
    I'd argue he's worth 4 or 5 million at least....
  • Options
    The fella is a carthorse.
  • Options
    Will be remembered for his last minute miss against the spanners.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is he really being made a fall guy? He has shown occasional flashes of being a decent player but has mostly looked very average. He has played 20 times for us, 11 times for Liege, and scored two goals missing some very good chances along the way. He also has a penchant for diving which will always be a problem with most Charlton fans, including me......

To his credit though, he never hides and gives 100% but we need some goals from our strikers and his record shows that he isn't going to provide them. And he isn't going to be a foil for Igor as he isn't good in the air and can't hold the ball up.

I reckon Ujipest or another lesser network club may be where he finds his feet and expect he'll "sign" a two year contract with them in the summer.
  • Options

Will be remembered for his last minute miss against the spanners.

You've conveniently forgotten his goals against derby and Bolton then?
    Or his disastrous first half against Wolves.
  • Options
    Does playing in the Championship double your value? Impressivenif true (but sounds too good to be) doesnt help us much on the playing front tho
  • Options

So where is this rumour from?

RD may have many faults as far as running football clubs are concerned, but using them as a cash machine isn't one of them.

I suggest his year of ownership at CAFC has cost him the best part of £20m already.

• Options

Maybe time for M. Duchatelet to ask his scouts/agents why they keep buying players that don't do it for SL or for us.

Waste of his money.

Henry , you've genuinely hit the nail on the head, i'd be pretty peed off if i was Roland , its bad enough having to WATCH the results of how/who his money is spent, and he probably thinks we are an ungrateful lot , as he 'lavishes' money upon us, its all well and good splashing the cash, but its got to be on quality , that is backed up by good coaching, i hope Rolands having a rethink , and change of heart.

• Options
    razil said:

Does playing in the Championship double your value? Impressivenif true (but sounds too good to be) doesnt help us much on the playing front tho

Playing, no, playing well, possibly.
  • Options
    razil said:

Playing, no, playing well, possibly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can someone correct the title?
    George Țucudean
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I heard this theory mentioned before, that playing in England regardless, is supposed to add to a players value, possibly not to UK purchasers but maybe else where.

Speculative acquisitions also mentioned, and based we assume on the Computer saying yes a bit like money ball - a system where baseball players who had low value but were selected based on their stats, allowing economy.. big assumption that there was some scientific approach to it, rather than just giving 'failures' a second chance. Of course it may be a mixture of the two. Certainly for some new players it seemed to come up to speed in the summer, although frustratingly it seems to be a mixed bag.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Addickted said:

RD may have many faults as far as running football clubs are concerned, but using them as a cash machine isn't one of them.

I suggest his year of ownership at CAFC has cost him the best part of £20m already.

Really? He may have put that on the table but much of it is recoverable, especially while we remain a Championship club. I agree you have to have the money in the first place to spend it, but the only unrecoverable cost I can see is the operating loss since January - and he's had some benefit from player sales to help offset that.

If he did not know about the pitch and price that in as part of his due diligence that's really his own fault.
  • Options
    If we were aiming to climb towards the top of the championship then we need four decent strikers to cover for injury, loss of form and having options on. I'm happy for Tucudean, Watt and Vetokele to be three of those four for this season and then one moves on over the summer.
    But the point is the number 9 shirt is vacant and the club seems to believe it can continue to operate in this league with that deficiency AND inadequate cover at keeper.
    For sure it makes a lot of sense to move players around the network for their development and for them to find a club at the level they can perform and add value.

Aside from Ajdarevic I don't know of any other players who can help and its time to use hard cash and FAPL loans to strengthen the squad. I posted before that I thought Tucudean and Harriott had until now to prove themselves since the window allows the club to strengthen the weakest areas of the squad.

If Tucudean goes that makes sense if a stronger forward comes in. But that assumes there is a logical rational strategy with good execution. I see rumours of one coming in on another thread.
  • Options

Addickted said:

Really? He may have put that on the table but much of it is recoverable, especially while we remain a Championship club. I agree you have to have the money in the first place to spend it, but the only unrecoverable cost I can see is the operating loss since January - and he's had some benefit from player sales to help offset that.

If he did not know about the pitch and price that in as part of his due diligence that's really his own fault.
    The previous owners recovered most but not all of the losses suffered during their tenure. They picked up 90% of the equity for buttons because we were in league 1 and also the then owner did not want to follow Palace owners by wiping out his entire personal fortune by continuing to fund us.

If the enterprise value is enhanced by getting CAFC into the top six then the owner will reap the benefit even if losses have to grow to get there. However if he chooses to stand still now that he has "killed off" the old squad and management (on and off the pitch) then it's very confusing as to what the motivation is?

It's possible he sees there is overall network value in moving players around and it's clear that he's not shy to invest in buildings - other clubs have seen capex already.

But if we don't see additions now and real quality added in the summer then no amount of spin will cover up for the fact that CAFC isn't going anywhere!

We don't know what his response to the increased FFP limits will be but there appear only three choices: sell up, push on or look to maintain the status quo with minimum investment in the squad.
  • Options
    He may / will be needed in the run in, as i don't think Watt or Igor are going to create a settled front line partnership. Our squad is too thin to be offloading in our current precarious position. I'd suggest add to what small / lacking in quality squad we've got rather than get rid of players. Maybe a loan to somewhere that could build on his confidence. Sadly look what happened to Pope. Did great at York, but came back and was soon Charltonised.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

The whole 'decent player in there somewhere' thing was mooted week in and week out with Sordell and Church last season and nothing happened.

George is nowhere near good enough. Get rid at the first possible opportunity I say.

against cardiff he was fantastic against brighton woeful. so he does have it in him when he wants. we are not in position to waIt for the good tuc to come out. no football brain either ImO
  • Options
    Against Cardiff he was 'OK', wouldn't say he was fantastic by any means.
  • Options
    Never thought I'd see these two in one pic