Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What are we aiming for?

Most know I'm not keen on anything charlton at the moment. I don't like RD I don't trust KM and I don't want GL. I think this network experiment doesn't work and I want my club back....preferably with a few faces we shouldn't have got rid of!

Anyway I'm trying desperately, desperately looking for a positive somewhere. So, I stumble across an article on how cafc are looking to strengthen the squad during the January transfer window. Honestly....it could have been the same story that's been used for the past god knows how many years, but with the name changed to GL. I read it and immediately thought....what a load of bollocks. We've been told this time and again. We're not going to sign anyone. We've not even got a manager who has a permit! We've had 3 weeks already and we've signed Watt from.....you've guessed it SL! Now don't get me wrong he looks ok. But it just feels like we're still being mugged off. We'll get another couple of network loanees in, dressed up to look like the next Ronaldo, and perhaps an 'experienced' player or 2 that may have a year or so left of a career.

And this is the problem. I dont believe I'm alone. The club is losing the trust and patience of the fans. I don't believe what I'm being told. We've been here before. We've felt let down more than once at the lack of player signings and ambition. We can't win this league with the squad we have. We will struggle to stay in the top half. So what are we playing for? What is the aim this season? I don't wanna hear GL say in his barely understandable English it's to 'turn the results around'. Ok then what? What was the aim at the start of the season under BP?

If RD,KM, GL etc think it is ok to say 'safety' then we're fooked....because that's boring and doesn't appeal to most. I know there are lots of 'glass half full' posters on here....please give me something positive to think about, something I've not thought about to cling onto!

Comments

• We Will get promotion
  • I'm aiming for champions league qualification this year and anything less will see me on Jeremy Kyle blaming everyone from the owner to the previous owners via every manager and train riding chief executive ( who may be younger, better qualified and better looking than I will ever be) for the cruel shattering of my totally unreasonable, ludicrous expectations.
  • At this point, with the state of the club and the team, I'll take survival. Yes it's boring, but consolidation must still be the priority. Beyond that? Well, I can't see beyond that right now because with the changes to FFP, I can't see us going any higher up the table without significant investment in the team. If RD does invest, it will then be up to Luzon to show the doubters (of which I am one) that he is capable of turning our fortunes around. If RD doesn't invest, then it'll be more of the same year after year until RD gives up, or we get relegated, or both.
  • We Will get promotion

That'll do. I'll take that and run with it.
  • Vetokele to win the next ballon d'or
  • Love, peace and goodwill to all men.......in the network.
  • edited January 2015

Love, peace and goodwill to all men.......in the network.

That was so last month. :wink:
  • Love, peace and goodwill to all men.......in the network.

But clearly not women
  • To narrowly scrape survival and to hammer Millwall.
  • Sponsored links:

This is as gd as we're gonna get I think. Though who knows. We might do something absolutely crazy & actually entertain our fans....like score 3 goals in a game. I can't remember the last time we did that.
  • Derby and Colchester at the start of the season. We've only scored two in a couple of games since then.

Lucky we're so solid at the back......

Looking at some of the games we've got coming up, survival is the only realistic aim. I fully expect this to be achieved, but in the hands of another manager, sorry-coach, as I can't see Luzon lasting more than a month or two.
  • A clean sheet would be nice. Not had one for 12 games (home to Millwall)..............
  • On the strength of the last 3 games, I think we are aiming for relegation. :-(

I'd like us to aim higher, but reckon its survival at best now. We're not bottom of the form table for nothing.
  • Survival or even mid table would be fine if that was the first stage in a longer term plan to move the club forward.

When we have just survival people are justified in being frustrated. It is hardy a sexy tag line to promote ST sales.
  • edited January 2015
    I honestly think that our main aim in reality is to contribute to the network breaking even. Gets your juices flowing, doesn't it?

This is as gd as we're gonna get I think. Though who knows. We might do something absolutely crazy & actually entertain our fans....like score 3 goals in a game. I can't remember the last time we did that.
    In a 4-3 loss.
  • Avoiding relegation. It was the aim at the start of the season and so nothing has changed in that regard.

Then we just have to wait and see. The proverbial lets see what happens in the off season, let's give it 10 games, let's see what happens in January..... Which seems to be the merry go round we're on at the moment.
  • A hand job in the toilets at work..........failing that just a decent performance form the team on a Saturday, and showing the desire to win. Fingers crossed Watford was just a big blip and we can go back to playing football.
  • Sponsored links:

• To be honest, I don't really worry too much about what we aim for, as I'll always be going regardless of what division or position we are in.

All I want is to support a side that feels like it belongs to us as a fanbase, like the one we had up until the rat came in.
  • The big question is whether any big money midfielder or forward arrives. That would win us around and indicate some investment in the next 18 months. We saw the difference Coquelin made and we know that even with Bulot coming back, we don't have too many attacking options in case of injury and suspension.

There's less than two weeks of the window left then Rotherham... Then the loan window and a fairly tough set of games in February.

We simply dont know where the next win is coming from although Henderson returning should assist.

What should we expect overall? Well up until end November we appeared to be strolling towards mid-table finish which might lead to reinforcements now and over the summer. Who knows what they are going to do since they have no inclination to tell us.
  • The window shuts on February 2nd, so after Rotherham.

Small point now, but maybe a big one later . . .
  • braydex said:

Most know I'm not keen on anything charlton at the moment. I don't like RD I don't trust KM and I don't want GL. I think this network experiment doesn't work and I want my club back....preferably with a few faces we shouldn't have got rid of!

Anyway I'm trying desperately, desperately looking for a positive somewhere. So, I stumble across an article on how cafc are looking to strengthen the squad during the January transfer window. Honestly....it could have been the same story that's been used for the past god knows how many years, but with the name changed to GL. I read it and immediately thought....what a load of bollocks. We've been told this time and again. We're not going to sign anyone. We've not even got a manager who has a permit! We've had 3 weeks already and we've signed Watt from.....you've guessed it SL! Now don't get me wrong he looks ok. But it just feels like we're still being mugged off. We'll get another couple of network loanees in, dressed up to look like the next Ronaldo, and perhaps an 'experienced' player or 2 that may have a year or so left of a career.

And this is the problem. I dont believe I'm alone. The club is losing the trust and patience of the fans. I don't believe what I'm being told. We've been here before. We've felt let down more than once at the lack of player signings and ambition. We can't win this league with the squad we have. We will struggle to stay in the top half. So what are we playing for? What is the aim this season? I don't wanna hear GL say in his barely understandable English it's to 'turn the results around'. Ok then what? What was the aim at the start of the season under BP?

If RD,KM, GL etc think it is ok to say 'safety' then we're fooked....because that's boring and doesn't appeal to most. I know there are lots of 'glass half full' posters on here....please give me something positive to think about, something I've not thought about to cling onto!

Who's that then?
  • The big question is whether any big money midfielder or forward arrives. That would win us around and indicate some investment in the next 18 months. We saw the difference Coquelin made and we know that even with Bulot coming back, we don't have too many attacking options in case of injury and suspension.

There's less than two weeks of the window left then Rotherham... Then the loan window and a fairly tough set of games in February.

We simply dont know where the next win is coming from although Henderson returning should assist.

What should we expect overall? Well up until end November we appeared to be strolling towards mid-table finish which might lead to reinforcements now and over the summer. Who knows what they are going to do since they have no inclination to tell us.

Fair comment but why can't we keep on making it up as we go along. :wink:
  • Oblivion seems to be high on the list.
  • I think RD's aim is for the first team to be good enough to win the U21 league.
  • Mid table and get this seasons problems out of the way.
  • Season ticket bonfire outside the valley
  • The aim is (and take your pick):
    - Avoidance of relegation
    - Play-offs
    - Automatic promotion.

On current form, we'll do well to achieve the first one. The season has been bizarre and increasingly distressing. We may yet come good, but it's not the club I knew, and yearn for.