Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Missing in action. Phil Chapple.

2»

Comments

• Swisdom said:

Chapple is a really engaging bloke to talk to actually. His knowledge is encyclopaedic but if Big Bob had his preferences he would overrule Chapple.

Well that's how it should be, right? Aren't we complaining that the head coach in this system isn't allowed to choose his players?

• Was he responsible for polish Pete.
  • Doubt it, in that video I posted he said last year we only had one scout based abroad, and that was on a part time basis.
  • He does a bit of decorating every now and then
  • markmc68 said:

He was like bambi was good old phil.

More like Bambi on ice
  • sorry to correct @pico slightly, its normally (unless we have a technical difficulty) available online to members on matchday of distribution, then around a week later to non-members
  • Scoham said:
    His poppy leaf is in the wrong position.
  • Davo55 said:

I can't believe Roly would keep paying him to do nothing.

Why not. He pays the first team squad to do the very same!
  • If you want to see Mr Chapple here's your chance.

West Sussex CASC have pleasure in being able to announce that our next meeting with representatives fromCharlton Athletic will be held at the Apex Suite, Triangle Leisure Centre, Triangle Way, Burgess Hill, RH15 8WA on Thursday 12th Feb 2015 from 7:30 to 9:30 pm. Our guests will be Chief Scout, Phil Chapple and Senior Professional Development Coach (U18-U21) Jason Euell.
  • Sponsored links:

• Let's give bambi Phil the credit either way.
  • I hope it is credit for him otherwise what's he doing?
  • Mind you he can hardly have watched roger Johnson as he hasn't been playing for well over a year. With Eagles that may have been one of his recommendations but he's hasn't really unearthed a gem. Or has he and I'm just unaware of him.
  • Yes, Johnson and Eagles are hardly punts as both are experienced and well known players, and being free agents, the club had plenty of time to see them at close quarters first
  • So the question is.
    Who has Phil chapple recruited recently ? Lepoint.
  • PL54 said:

I hope it is credit for him otherwise what's he doing?

Scouting upcoming opposition?
  • I scout for a league 1 team. Unpaid. Just expenses and a ticket. It's not difficult.
  • markmc68 said:

So the question is.
    Who has Phil chapple recruited recently ? Lepoint.

Give it a rest.

You haven't got a clue how many players he has recommended who haven't been bought for whatever reason but now you want to pretend that our UK scout was responsible for Belgium based Lepoint because it suits your bizarre campaign against him.
  • I was joking with Lepoint. I was being sarcastic as he has hardly featured since he was purchased. I have no agenda with Phil chapple.
  • Sponsored links:

• Off_it said:

Yep, it's true. If we haven't signed anyone for the first team then it means that our scouts are doing absolutely fuck all.

Nobody is looking at the opposition. Nobody is recruiting for the academy.
    Nobody is looking at potential signings, should the cash or opportunity become available.

Let's sack them all.

Honestly, in this day and age where so much information is available at your fingertips the moronic stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

I think the internet has proved that the more information, the more stupid and more moronic
  • markmc68 said:

I was joking with Lepoint. I was being sarcastic as he has hardly featured since he was purchased. I have no agenda with Phil chapple.

I'd love to do this. How do you get into it?
  • Acworth recommended both Eagles and Johnson. He's our real chief scout now he's no longer spending his time (and money) interviewing mad frankie
  • buckshee said:

Acworth recommended both Eagles and Johnson. He's our real chief scout now he's no longer spending his time (and money) interviewing mad frankie

Show some respect - he is extremely well connected and also our takeover middleman.
  • buckshee said:

Acworth recommended both Eagles and Johnson. He's our real chief scout now he's no longer spending his time (and money) interviewing mad frankie

Show some respect - he is extremely well connected and also our takeover middleman.
    only when he is not interview London gangsters and undertaking ghosthunting