Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

"We Want Roland Out"

2»

Comments

• Uboat said:

Tavern said:

I take that as yes?

You have saved the evening.
    we hate millwall
  • Tavern said:

I take that as yes?

It's a date
  • Roland your network bollocks doesn't work spend some money.
  • Think it's about time we just had a riot and then win the league.
  • To all Charlton fans that sang this today..............................Well played.

Why can't people see that we are so much better off than this time last year
  • What about the Mexican wave?

Anyone seen that during a league match before?

Yes. Sunderland away when we beat them 3-1 having been 3-0 up at half time thanks to 3 own goals of which Mark Fish kept on trying to claim.

The home fans tried to leave after 30 mins but weren't allowed to leave until half time. Those that stayed then surprisingly got behind the team more than they did at 0-0 and even did the Mexican wave several times.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oakster said:

Our new pitch was paid for by the sale of Kermorgant - 17 goals in 26 starts since he joined Bournemouth. We did get Reza in as a replacement though....

My bad. Thanks for reminding me of that. And needless to say it's painful to know how well he's done at Bournemouth - we all knew he was going to be great for them but still it hurts it's not for us.

So basically RD has spent very little for us in the past year. Almost every player he brought in was for 'an undisclosed fee' - I guess it's just another way to say 'zero costs'. His approach is like buying one player from outside the network for a certain amount of money and making the absolute most of it by shifting the player from one club to another until he's deemed useless and not good enough for any of his clubs.....
  • I think we are all a bit confused and upset by the RD masterplan, its not what we do normally in football where traditionally by now we would have made some panic buys in the transfer window, and some emergency loans.

RD doesnt appear to allow this, but only use his network and this is really frustrating! Perhaps thing will change should we get closer to relegation, as hes already done the other old reliable of sacking the manager.

However I do not want to force him out (or Katrin). Until we have someone in place to takeover, I would rather remain in the confused and annoyed state we are in at present, than how I felt under the previous lot when we looked like going bust any minute.
  • Halix said:

I think we are all a bit confused and upset by the RD masterplan, its not what we do normally in football where traditionally by now we would have made some panic buys in the transfer window, and some emergency loans.

RD doesnt appear to allow this, but only use his network and this is really frustrating! Perhaps thing will change should we get closer to relegation, as hes already done the other old reliable of sacking the manager.

However I do not want to force him out (or Katrin). Until we have someone in place to takeover, I would rather remain in the confused and annoyed state we are in at present, than how I felt under the previous lot when we looked like going bust any minute.

I reckon we will be a long time waiting for a new board.................unfortunately.
  • Yes, we are better off this year compared to last year...........but only because we got things right at the beginning of the season on the pitch. Those days have well and truly gone and we are now a complete mess and shambles. Nobody can see where the next point is coming from. Guy Lose-on hasn't got a prayer. I see us bottom in the bottom 4 by mid-Feb. On that basis, I suggest things are no longer any better than last year. I love this bloody club with all my heart but we are a joke right now.
  • Agree with every word Meldrew, and it breaks my heart.
  • Oakster said:

Our new pitch was paid for by the sale of Kermorgant - 17 goals in 26 starts since he joined Bournemouth. We did get Reza in as a replacement though....

I've always assumed that the state of the old pitch was taken into account when Roland negotiated a price with S&J. Everybody knew about it.

• edited January 2015
    I thought it was completely inappropriate to be singing it throughout the game. We should of been getting behind the team. Do what you like before or after but through the game singing negative songs is definitely detrimental to the players. Absolute disgrace some of you!! Some of our fans are just unrealistic. How is it going to help the team on a match day singing shit like this? Embarrassing!!!

"Well played"? You should be ashamed of yourself!
  • edited January 2015
    THEMCA said:

I thought it was completely inappropriate to be singing it throughout the game. We should of been getting behind the team. Do what you like before or after but through the game singing negative songs is definitely detrimental to the players. Absolute disgrace some of you!! Some of our fans are just unrealistic. How is it going to help the team on a match day singing shit like this? Embarrassing!!!

Tbf the anti Roland songs only started when we went 2-0 down, and the players heads had already dropped by then.

• THEMCA said:

Do be quiet.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2015
    Why?
  • THEMCA said:

Why?

Yesterday was always going to be a mixture of protest and support simply for the players. Our fans didn't stop singing despite being 5-0 down but of course when your team put in a performance as PATHETIC as that the atmosphere will turn more angry as was always inevitable. These are dark times at our club and there's no hiding from that.
  • It doesn't take a genius to see that Roland has sucked the heart out of our football club. He's created a rift between the club and the fans and that's been affecting the players for weeks now. After the sacking of Bob and yet another appointment of an unkown, unwanted manager, yesterday's performance was merely a result of Roland's antics.
  • It doesn't help during the game though, that's my point
  • THEMCA said:

It doesn't help during the game though, that's my point

I doubt the players are bothered about supporters chanting "Roland Out", it probably echoes their sentiments. Pretty sure most of them recognise what a shambles Project Roland is just like we do.

Getting on the players' backs certainly doesn't help, but I didn't witness any of that yesterday, thought they got off quite lightly considering the performance they turned in.
  • edited January 2015
    MrLargo said:

THEMCA said:

It doesn't help during the game though, that's my point

I doubt the players are bothered about supporters chanting "Roland Out", it probably echoes their sentiments. Pretty sure most of them recognise what a shambles Project Roland is just like we do.

Getting on the players' backs certainly doesn't help, but I didn't witness any of that yesterday, thought they got off quite lightly considering the performance they turned in.
    i joined in with your nor fit to wear the shirt chant after 3rd goal went in.

I stand by this because the performance from certain players were disgusting. The lack of effort or character was something I will never accept.

• THEMCA said:

Couldn't agree more. Also think people forget what a shambes we were before he took over, Powell told he couldn't play Poyet because it would trigger a clause getting him a improved contract.
  • Roland needs to invest in better players for all of his clubs then the network would be stronger.
  • So people would prefer to be watching League 1 football on a ploughed field.

A lot of investment in keeping the club at The Valley.

Staying up this season was the target and finishing higher up the Championship would be a bonus.

Strangely enough it is several of the long term players are showing the worst form.
  • Roland out?
    Brilliant!

Just remind me what happens after that?
    I suppose we could select a short list from the plethora of candidates queuing up to buy our club.
    From that short list we can select the richest, British, football genius.

Never has the phrase 'be careful what you wish for' been more appropriate.

Still, a post-Roland apocalypse should keep the army of myopic moaning critics happy with abusive chants every game and on every forum.