Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Should the club reimburse the fans who went to Watford Today

Comments

• I was there today and don't think it would be unreasonable for the club to do this or at least offer some kind of incentive such as a future discounted away ticket for instance.

Besides the 5 goals they did score I can remember at 0-0 us clearing the ball off the line a good 2 or 3 times, at 4-0 they so nearly had a 5th when the ball slowly span past the post having hit Ben Haim. Etheridge also made a good couple of stops it really could have been even more embarassing than just losing 5-0 today.

Not just the scoreline but the performance was dreadful, similar to the performance at Doncaster last season, or Sheff Utd.

I'm usually good for about 6 or 7 away games a season but after today it looks as though me and away games are done for the rest of the season. I've seen some shocking away performances over the year but today may as well have been a training game for Watford it was all too easy for them.

We were lucky it was only 5-0. Would people still be saying no had Watford scored 7 or 8 they could easily have racked up?
  • £2.60 a goal Bargain ;-)
  • Save the money in case there's a fine re Luzon working without a work permit.
  • Nah had a good day despite it all, you know what you're getting into when you buy a ticket for Charlton away always the possibility of that happening
  • Of course not. It was a poor performance but not wholly unexpected and, as others have pointed out-you pay your money, you take your chances. You don't run off crying with your cap in hand when it goes wrong.

Also, Watford is around the corner and the tickets were only £13 for Christ's sake! I've been to plenty of games at far flung places where we've not turned up and I've paid through the nose for trains and tickets-who cares though?

We all need to move on and questionable ideas like this just dwell on something which needs forgetting about very quickly....
  • No... The players should
  • Nah had a good day despite it all, you know what you're getting into when you buy a ticket for Charlton away always the possibility of that happening

Exactly this....remember Brighton away....7-0, and even worse (considering the distance travelled), 7-1 at Burnley.
  • Can I have a refund for Charlton 0 Leeds 6 - as well please
  • Kap10 said:

Can I have a refund for Charlton 0 Leeds 6 - as well please

Thought that was 1-6....so definately not, remember sitting in the East Stand 'enjoying' the sun.
  • Sponsored links:

• No they should not I have seen us beaten before like this and I'm sure we will see it again one day. It a chance you take as a fan going to football/sporting events. Should your work manager get a refund if you have a bad day at work?

its more of a supplier / customer relationship, if you want to draw such an analogy so the answer is probably yes rather than no.

outcome is more likely you would be docking wages from everyone but Solly, if you want draw analogy.
  • This should never happen in football.
  • I flew down from Scotland for yesterday's match.

No, the club should not refund
  • Is there such a thing as a frivolous work permit application?

Like when we appealed that time Sankofa got sent off.

Special rule just for Charlton!
  • edited January 2015
    No, any fan with sense should have known we were going to be a shower of shit after the events of the last couple of weeks.

Our team is not good enough for the Football League at the moment, both physically and mentally.
  • Kap10 said:

Can I have a refund for Charlton 0 Leeds 6 - as well please

I put this to the club in your behalf. They said No purely because you got the result wrong.

However they did say well done for guessing the correct score for the home game against Leeds later this season.

Your prize is an all expenses paid day out to Middlesbrough. With the added reward of sitting next to Katrien Meire.
  • £2.60 a goal Bargain ;-)

Did you use the calculator to work that out?
  • At the end of the day Football is a game of chance... ANYTHING can happen and fans need to be prepared for that when buying tickets because one week your team could be winning by a big scoreline whilst the next week they could be losing by a huge margin (hell it happened to us once years ago... i.e. we played @ Plymouth in 1960 and lost 6-4; the following day they came to the Valley and we beat them 6-4)

If Football was so predictable then we'd all be constantly winning on WilliamHill / SkyBet etc... and the betting companies will have gone bust.

• edited January 2015

No we are not Millwall
    No they havent sold thier soul
    Hate to say it after watching this football league show at least they had some fight and passion
    Even them two muppets on there couldnt believe what's going on at our club and who we've appointed
    And they know f##k all

• Sponsored links:

• Surely it's not about being givinen back £13
    It's our club everyone wants given back
  • I wouldn't care if we lost 10-0 I still wouldn't want my money back
    I would just like to see some effort and passion as if somebody cares
  • Hinton said:

Didn't go myself but sounds a bit of a shambles. How many goals have we conceded by corners this season as well.

Should the club reimburse the fans who went to Watford Today

ABSOLUTELY NOT

• Don't see any need for a refund any more than the club should ask for double money if the team put in a great performance (oh, for the glory days). It goes with territory, I'm afraid.

I'd be much happier if there seemed to be some daylight at the end of the tunnel. Things look bleak right now.
  • Us adults want our £7.50 back!
  • As a supporter In the 60,s and 70,s who travelled round the country I estimate they owe me £9674. 17s 6d.
  • IA said:

I flew down from Scotland for yesterday's match.

You should have got the train, like Katrain.

• I reckon they should reimburse me for Middlesbrough.
  • IA said:

I flew down from Scotland for yesterday's match.

You should have got the train, like Katrain.

Katrain is proper Charlton though.

She's so Charlton she's got 'train' in her name.
  • Stewart said:

£2.60 a goal Bargain ;-)

Did you use the calculator to work that out?
    No. Although 10-0 would have been easier.