Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Should the club reimburse the fans who went to Watford Today

Didn't go myself but sounds a bit of a shambles. How many goals have we conceded by corners this season as well.

Comments

• edited January 2015
    If clubs refunded fans every time they put in a bad performance half the teams in the football league would go out of business.

Nothing stopping the players all chipping in to make a big group donation to a charity of the supporters choice though. Get some good out of today.
  • One of the cheaper away days. Wait until we next get a bollocking against a club charging £30-£40 a ticket.
  • No we are not Millwall
  • edited January 2015
    No they should not I have seen us beaten before like this and I'm sure we will see it again one day. It a chance you take as a fan going to football/sporting events. Should your work manager get a refund if you have a bad day at work?
  • Nah.

Actually decent atmosphere to be fair. Gallows humour in defeat is ok.xx
  • No - it's the risk you take when you buy a ticket. You aren't paying to see your team win, or even play well. On the other hand maybe they should reimburse fans for emotional distress.
  • No they should not I have seen us beaten before like this and I'm sure we will see it again one day. It a chance you take as a fan going to football/sporting events. Should your work manager get a refund if you have a bad day at work?

Performance-related pay?
  • They shouldnt even consider it
  • edited January 2015
    I guess since tickets stopped being pocket-money price and the whole thing became part of the elite entertainments industry there is a different attitude towards the, ahem, product. I think I haven't seen an honest game of football since I sneaked in to see Burnley in the late 1960s. And maybe I need to finally let go of that illusion.
  • Sponsored links:

• I agree 5-0 is a horrific performance. But if you think that's bad. Come to the states and watch a Chicago Cubs game, 10-0 losses in the MLB occur everyday. Although it's easier to score runs in baseball, it still hurts
  • Yes they blooming well should.

If anyone says otherwise I can only assume they weren't there to watch that shambles.

Honestly, we can accept that the team will lose. But to not try and be so inept?

Deduct it from the players wages. After today, I don't care if every single one of them asks for a transfer when their wages are docked..
  • No they should not I have seen us beaten before like this and I'm sure we will see it again one day. It a chance you take as a fan going to football/sporting events. Should your work manager get a refund if you have a bad day at work?

I dont have to pay my boss to let me work there tho....
  • edited January 2015
    No they shouldn't, it's our choice to go and pay the money, we don't have to, and the fact that they put in a shit performance doesn't change that.

I'd rather the club used any money it has to get better players than waste it on our fans complaining about 13 quid

And yes I went today
  • vffvff
    edited January 2015
    What I want to see is Roland actually invest in some proven Championship level quality players to prevent the ongoing shambles.
  • sam3110 said:

No they shouldn't, it's our choice to go and pay the money, we don't have to, and the fact that they put in a shit performance doesn't change that.

I'd rather the club used any money it has to get better players than waste it on our fans complaining about 13 quid

And yes I went today

And this is why they shouldn't.
  • edited January 2015

Yes they blooming well should.

If anyone says otherwise I can only assume they weren't there to watch that shambles.

Honestly, we can accept that the team will lose. But to not try and be so inept?

Deduct it from the players wages. After today, I don't care if every single one of them asks for a transfer when their wages are docked..

The thing is nobody forces you to go. Should the club therefore reimburse people every time the team play shit or not put the sort of performance in that they should be?

Christ, if I expected my money back every time charlton didn't perform as if like or expected then I'd be a very rich man.

• What difference does it make? If they refund my £13, I'll still have the memories of today, I'll still be sad by how our team and season has become so negative.

• Sponsored links:

• edited January 2015
    No.

Thinking about it, it could be a great incentive plan for the owners if a system was put in place where if we've played crap we get our money back, but if we're good (or simply win) us fans pay double.
  • Of course not. Sport throws up dire days and great ones. Today was always unlikely to be one of the latter.
  • No....invest it in new players
  • Given Buyens did not bother to turn up just don't pay him and split his wages among the crowd instead. Knicking a living.
  • Given Buyens did not bother to turn up just don't pay him and split his wages among the crowd instead. Knicking a living.

Actually just donate all their match fees to charity for this game
  • No, it's not going to happen. The spanners' game was a cup game and they got some of the gate money.
  • The fans will just have to accept it.

That's right, everyone gets whopped once a season lets hope that was ours.
    Move on.
  • everyone that went was well aware there was a good chance of seeing a poor performance from the team and a fair chance of it being a drubbing. if you buy a ticket with that knowledge then you can't expect money back when it happens
  • edited January 2015
    Christ, if I expected my money back every time charlton didn't perform as if like or expected then I'd be a very rich man.

This....If you added it up over the years I'd be sitting in the cayman islands lighting cigars with fifty pound notes....and I don't even smoke