Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Supporter Protests

13»

Comments

• shirty5 said:

Redrobo said:

I think the trust sounds a fantastic way of challenging what is going on and, hopefully, bring about a change of behaviour by the club and I think this is the way forward for all who were in anyway unhappy with recent events. Far better than tearing up season tickets you have already paid for!

In fact, I would go as far to say that if you are not a member you are probably not a true supporter.

How do you join and can you join at the next home game?

How many season ticket holders do we have? 8,9 thousand?

How many trust members? Over a thousand?

So going on your theory we have 7,8 thousand people possibly who are not true supporters!

Of course not.

But on a more serious note, those 9000 who support our club in such a commited way may now wish to consider if it is worth spending another fiver to try and keep its values and soul.
  • Redrobo said:

shirty5 said:

Redrobo said:

I think the trust sounds a fantastic way of challenging what is going on and, hopefully, bring about a change of behaviour by the club and I think this is the way forward for all who were in anyway unhappy with recent events. Far better than tearing up season tickets you have already paid for!

In fact, I would go as far to say that if you are not a member you are probably not a true supporter.

How do you join and can you join at the next home game?

How many season ticket holders do we have? 8,9 thousand?

How many trust members? Over a thousand?

So going on your theory we have 7,8 thousand people possibly who are not true supporters!

Of course not.

But on a more serious note, those 9000 who support our club in such a commited way may now wish to consider if it is worth spending another fiver to try and keep its values and soul.
    I can't remember if the club did this with this year's season tickets, but could a membership form be bundled in with the season ticket mail outs?
  • its not a simple as saying people who do or don't join do or don't care, what I will say is that our membership ratio to Season ticket holders/regulars is apparently pretty decent
  • No your all right thanks it's only been a year and there is lots of work to do on and off the pitch. So I'm still supporting Roland and Charlton

Sensible man totally agree
  • razil said:

you don't have to have a riot, but maybe a show of support for the Trust as a symbol for an expression of discontent, perhaps a gathering at a certain time, whether this is the moment for that is a good question. But what it would do is show the Trust should be taken more seriously. Certainly by the next home match a lot of matters will be settled or mostly by the 31st - Rotherham? In the meantime fans should join up, and spread the word.

just my view

Start a new thread, requesting membership, if fans are so inclined & AFKA is in agreement.
  • This is Charlton - we don't do things like that. That isn't a boast or a compliment.
  • razil said:

you don't have to have a riot, but maybe a show of support for the Trust as a symbol for an expression of discontent, perhaps a gathering at a certain time, whether this is the moment for that is a good question. But what it would do is show the Trust should be taken more seriously. Certainly by the next home match a lot of matters will be settled or mostly by the 31st - Rotherham? In the meantime fans should join up, and spread the word.

just my view

Start a new thread, requesting membership, if fans are so inclined & AFKA is in agreement.
    I can't see how a membership thread on here will help.

Surely it's the fans not on Charlton Life that the trust would be looking to for support. I'd guess that the majority of posters on here are aware of the trust, whether they are a part of it or not.
  • razil said:

just my view

Surely it's the fans not on Charlton Life that the trust would be looking to for support. I'd guess that the majority of posters on here are aware of the trust, whether they are a part of it or not.
    But it's a memory jog & I'm certain some more fans will join up, after the drama of the last week.
  • razil said:

just my view

But it's a memory jog & I'm certain some more fans will join up, after the drama of the last week.
    I am a member of The Trust and to be honest am at a bit of a loss to understand what it does and have been from the start. I was slightly put out the Trust report was handed out to supporters recently and queried why I am paying a fiver for the same information.
  • edited January 2015
    Trust report? perhaps you mean TNT?

Here is a list of the member benefits as they were last year. But the Trust is not a supporters club, and TNT is not a member newsletter or fanzine for the most part.

On the minimal membership fee, postal delivery would be detrimental, so people collect, we also want the 'message' to get out further to potential members, our members support that endeavour.
  • Sponsored links:

• razil said:

just my view

Amazingly the entire CAFC supporter base does not use this site
  • waldo said:

1. No one wanted Luzon. The players didn't want him, the fans didn't want him. Fair enough, he's a ridiculously inexperienced manager with a shite record in the israeli league. He was forced out of one of RD's other clubs due to poor results and yet Roland's ownership style means he was basically the only candidate for the job. Roland will do anything possible to not pay fees to clubs outside of the network leaving us with very little choice from a poor bunch. Which brings me on to the next point.
    2. Lies. Having your owners say they interviewed 20 people and decided that Luzon was the best man for the job doesn't sit well with me. The longer we just politely accept it the worst it's going to get.

Roland and Katrien are manipulative, greedy, clueless wankers and they need to know that.

I don't like you saying horrid things about Katrien - she smiled at me!
    Might have been wind.

:-)
  • I read today that Villa fans are leaving the Holte End empty for 8 minutes tomorrow v Liverpool as a protest against Randy Lerner and his 8 years of owning Aston Villa.

My question is as a fanbase who are unhappy with the owner & board, are we prepared to do anything similar or have we reached the point where we are too apathetic & depressed about the situation.

is this something the trust would get involved with, yes it would p!ss the board off, but isn't the trust the voice of the fans? I read somewhere that KM doesn't see the trust as a true reflection of the fans as it only represents one opinion, if something widespread was organised & trust members & non-members were both involved then surely this must be seen as the opinion of the fanbase.

This isn't a dig at the trust by the way, just a genuine question.

How can they protest against an owner who spent £20m+ on one player not so long ago?
    tucadean, really he was robbed!
  • They also serve who only stand and wait.
  • So is it gonna happen? I'll be disappointed if it does. Seems very counter-productive to me. And a bit spoilt. Things can be a lot worse Villa fans, a lot worse.
  • LenGlover said:

waldo said:

1. No one wanted Luzon. The players didn't want him, the fans didn't want him. Fair enough, he's a ridiculously inexperienced manager with a shite record in the israeli league. He was forced out of one of RD's other clubs due to poor results and yet Roland's ownership style means he was basically the only candidate for the job. Roland will do anything possible to not pay fees to clubs outside of the network leaving us with very little choice from a poor bunch. Which brings me on to the next point.
    2. Lies. Having your owners say they interviewed 20 people and decided that Luzon was the best man for the job doesn't sit well with me. The longer we just politely accept it the worst it's going to get.

Roland and Katrien are manipulative, greedy, clueless wankers and they need to know that.

I don't like you saying horrid things about Katrien - she smiled at me!
    Might have been wind.

:-)
    You think so? I'm sure it was genuine!
  • I'm running a campaign for the rest of A block to join me in 90 minutes of tutting at our next home game................
  • Maybe we could have a sigh-in.
  • edited January 2015
    A few Roland out chants heard yesterday and whilst I could not see any bed sheets from my seat apparently there was one saying "We want our Charlton back" down the front.

Sadly I can see this esculating if we don't see any improvement over the next couple of weeks.
  • shirty5 said:

A few Roland out chants heard yesterday and whilst I could not see any bed sheets rom my seat apparently there was one saying "We want our Charlton back" down the front.

Sadly I can this esculating if we don't see any improvement over the next couple of weeks.

Hopefully the Covered End will carry on the good work in two weeks time.
  • Sponsored links:

• razil said:

its not a simple as saying people who do or don't join do or don't care, what I will say is that our membership ratio to Season ticket holders/regulars is apparently pretty decent

When you consider what Roland has ignored at SL, do you honestly expect him to ever take you seriously?

I've not seen anything to suggest I should part with my fiver, perhaps someone from the trust could explain what they believe they can do to influence any of the meaningful decisions at the club.
  • razil said:

its not a simple as saying people who do or don't join do or don't care, what I will say is that our membership ratio to Season ticket holders/regulars is apparently pretty decent

When you consider what Roland has ignored at SL, do you honestly expect him to ever take you seriously?

I've not seen anything to suggest I should part with my fiver, perhaps someone from the trust could explain what they believe they can do to influence any of the meaningful decisions at the club.
    the last owners didnt ignore the Trust, and the new ones have met with us twice and given us an exclusive interview, which I believe is a lot more than was afforded others who contacted them.

I don't pretend its ideal, but I don't give up that easily, and I think an intelligent owner like Duchatelet may eventually understand the benefits of such an approach,

Whatever you think about the Standard Lieg situation, its not true that Roland ignres their fans, and of course we have a fans forum here.

As for protest lets see what happens over the next week or two.

I think an orderly show of support for a group like the Trust rather than a riot might show a broad rather than reactionary/aggresive stance.