Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Luzon is already under pressure, Charlton's trip to Watford one of the biggest in recent history

2»

Comments

• Would have been a big game regardless. We're on a poor run and a trip to one of the division's better sides is not ideal but we do have a decent record against them over the past couple of seasons so a great opportunity to get a good result and also should be a good day out.

I'm certainly looking forward to it.
  • Oggy Red said:

NS:
    "Within 24 hours, former Standard Liege man Luzon is appointed, and has made him the least popular appointment in living memory."

You mean you've forgotten Iain Dowie ?

*Advancing the Addicks*

Hindsight is a wonderful thing! I was delighted when we signed Dowie! He was a popular appointment at the time.
  • Paddy7 said:

Good piece with clear knowledge of the club and the interesting Yann / pitch snippet. I fear the really big games may come if the gap between us and the bottom three keeps decreasing, but hopefully Mr. Luzon will see to that!

It's Mr Duchatelet that needs to see it.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Good piece - makes such a difference when you read something by someone who actually appears to know what they're talking about.

Could still with a decent sub-edit (sorry!).
    Let me know if there's an error and I'll ask the NS to edit it!
    Not a typo thing... probably not worth me getting into this so I'll leave it alone, sorry, I should keep my mouth shut. Good effort!
    Did you also read it as being our biggest trip to Watford for a while?

It's a big game but we've had many more important ones recently whilst Rotherham at home is arguably the real litmus test. There's often one club who goes on a horrible slide and nearly goes down, or does. Without adequate enforcements we could very well be that club.
  • Uboat said:

I don't think it makes Watford a big game. If we lose, Luzon's defenders will just say, 'Well you can't expect him to make an instant impression'. If we win his detractors will say, 'So what? That always happens with a new manager.'

How about if we win 'Luzon is simply marvellous', and if we lose 'that's one of his four lives gone', and if we draw 'that's the honeymoon period over'?

• edited January 2015

It's a big game for only in as much as its his first. Win, lose or draw Mr. Luzon will have had very little influence.

I agree with SHG. The title of this thread is far too dramatic. If we win, that's great and a step in the right direction, but no more than that. If we lose, it doesn't mean we are doomed. Whilst I am not happy with all the shennanigans (strangely, I've been in a bar called Shennanigans in Malaysisa tonight), it's really not the biggest this or that. it would be tricky game even if Mourinho (or whoever) had been appointed.
  • How many are going to Watford wanting CAFC to loss ? (never have, never will)

Should only be the Watford fans.

Bob hit the ground running, and had a good Honeymoon.
    Guy Luzon is like the guy who marries your sister against the rest of the familys wishes,
    and there's a punch up at the reception.

Ignore the ticket numbers on Saturday.
    As the stewards/ushers are having anti Roland on the right, pro Roland on the left
    Don't know's right middle, Only here for the beer, left middle.

• Whoops

How do I open this attachment. I always have a problem where I can't ever see a bigger picture. Just a small thumbnail
  • RedPanda said:

JiMMy 85 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Good piece - makes such a difference when you read something by someone who actually appears to know what they're talking about.

Could still with a decent sub-edit (sorry!).
    Let me know if there's an error and I'll ask the NS to edit it!
    Not a typo thing... probably not worth me getting into this so I'll leave it alone, sorry, I should keep my mouth shut. Good effort!
    Did you also read it as being our biggest trip to Watford for a while?

It's a big game but we've had many more important ones recently whilst Rotherham at home is arguably the real litmus test. There's often one club who goes on a horrible slide and nearly goes down, or does. Without adequate enforcements we could very well be that club.
    Yes. I don't agree it's that big of a deal. It'll help the new guy massively to win, but it won't relegate us any more or less than any other defeat this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Whoops

How do I open this attachment. I always have a problem where I can't ever see a bigger picture. Just a small thumbnail
    Just click on it I think.
  • Is that an official Newshopper article?

They'll struggle to be invited to another press day.....
  • Bookies offering 7-4 for a CAFC victory - I'll have a shilling on that :wink:
  • edited January 2015
    Uboat said:

I don't think it makes Watford a big game. If we lose, Luzon's defenders will just say, 'Well you can't expect him to make an instant impression'. If we win his detractors will say, 'So what? That always happens with a new manager.'

Give it 4/5 games.
  • Good article and another good one in todays SLP by @ValleyTalkBlog‌. Like the comparison between Russell Brand and our owner.
  • How many are going to Watford wanting CAFC to loss ? (never have, never will)

Should only be the Watford fans.

Bob hit the ground running, and had a good Honeymoon.
    Guy Luzon is like the guy who marries your sister against the rest of the familys wishes,
    and there's a punch up at the reception.

Ignore the ticket numbers on Saturday.
    As the stewards/ushers are having anti Roland on the right, pro Roland on the left
    Don't know's right middle, Only here for the beer, left middle.

With no beer in the away end, you're best off staying in the Wetherspoons for those after this.