Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Luzon is already under pressure, Charlton's trip to Watford one of the biggest in recent history

Comments

• Great summary here:

'Duchâtelet is developing a track record of ripping the soul out of clubs. They become a money-making experiment. A farm for talent to be sold on when it realises its greatest value regardless of if that is the best decision for the playing side. Managers have their hands tied behind their back and are then ruthlessly fired because they can’t perform miracles.'
  • Great summary here:

'Duchâtelet is developing a track record of ripping the soul out of clubs. They become a money-making experiment. A farm for talent to be sold on when it realises its greatest value regardless of if that is the best decision for the playing side. Managers have their hands tied behind their back and are then ruthlessly fired because they can’t perform miracles.'

Sounds like another pertinent time for RD to make a statement to Charlton supporters ......or even agree to a Q & A ?

I'm not holding my breath.....

• Great summary here:

Sounds like another pertinent time for RD to make a statement to Charlton supporters ......or even agree to a Q & A ?

I'm not holding my breath.....

I was thinking that yesterday Fanny. I wonder how long we'll have to wait now before Katrien or Murray next show up at a supporters event. Obviously we can count Roland out regardless.
  • good article that and sums everything up nicely.
  • A decent piece indeed, whilst its importantant to distinguish that it does not reflect every fan sentiments of the current situation, it certainly reflects mine.
  • A decent piece indeed, whilst its importantant to distinguish that it does not reflect every fan sentiments of the current situation, it certainly reflects mine.

That's a fair point, I have probably implied it's the whole fan base too often as there will of course be views opposing what I've written.

But from what I've seen over the last few days, I think there are more in this camp than not.
  • edited January 2015

I think there are more in this camp than not.

I would have you right on that. Looking at the reaction on all the social media platforms I would say a vast majority are.
  • Sponsored links:

• It rather gives the impression that Peeters was becoming every day more loved by the fans. Judging by comments on here looking at his perpetual keenness to play players out of position, and those horrible post-defeat press interviews, the opposite was true.
  • Thing about the farm analogy is that the value of the "animals" is very much influenced by what league they are playing in. A division one cow is effectively worthless so the experiment is very much dependant on realising a decent league status. Championship as a minimum but Aberdeen Angus time in the Premiership.

I'm not totally certain it won't help us.
  • Good read, interesting extra about the selling of our talisman striker paying for the fancy new pitch considering that is often mentioned as one of the positives that we should be grateful to RD for funding.
  • edited January 2015
    I don't think it makes Watford a big game. If we lose, Luzon's defenders will just say, 'Well you can't expect him to make an instant impression'. If we win his detractors will say, 'So what? That always happens with a new manager.'
  • It's a big game for only in as much as its his first. Win, lose or draw Mr. Luzon will have had very little influence.
  • First time I've read a definitive link to sale of Yann and refurbishment of pitch.
  • It's a big game because we haven't won for months !
  • the biggest since last week against Brighton last week would be more accurate
  • Good to see some passion from the local press.

I would say that a couple of wins will change everything though.
  • Love the typewriter analogy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Careful News Shopper ... If you're not careful you could get banned from reporting on Charlton matches
  • _MrDick said:

Careful News Shopper ... If you're not careful you could get banned from reporting on Charlton matches

Will just point out these are personal views - I'm this season's Charlton fan columnist - the shopper have one for millwall and palace too.

• Good piece - makes such a difference when you read something by someone who actually appears to know what they're talking about.

Could still with a decent sub-edit (sorry!).
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Good piece - makes such a difference when you read something by someone who actually appears to know what they're talking about.

Let me know if there's an error and I'll ask the NS to edit it!
  • _MrDick said:

Careful News Shopper ... If you're not careful you could get banned from reporting on Charlton matches

Will just point out these are personal views - I'm this season's Charlton fan columnist - the shopper have one for millwall and palace too.

Well you're certainly a lot more level headed than the Millwall one (if he's still the same bloke)... guy had a potty mouth and his articles were more based on slating other clubs than talking about his own! Good article.
  • It's a big game for only in as much as its his first. Win, lose or draw Mr. Luzon will have had very little influence.

I be amazed if Guy Luzon picks the team at Watford.(after 2 days training)
    Must be Matthew. (head coach now by default)
  • edited January 2015
    Good piece with clear knowledge of the club and the interesting Yann / pitch snippet. I fear the really big games may come if the gap between us and the bottom three keeps decreasing, but hopefully Mr. Luzon will see to that!
  • Oops - only "big" was supposed to be in italics!
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Good piece - makes such a difference when you read something by someone who actually appears to know what they're talking about.

Let me know if there's an error and I'll ask the NS to edit it!
    Not a typo thing... probably not worth me getting into this so I'll leave it alone, sorry, I should keep my mouth shut. Good effort!
  • edited January 2015
    NS:
    "Within 24 hours, former Standard Liege man Luzon is appointed, and has made him the least popular appointment in living memory."

You mean you've forgotten Iain Dowie ?

*Advancing the Addicks*