Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Welcome Guy Luzon

2»

Comments

• Can you now be considered the Leeds of the South? Both of your chairmen seem absolutely mental.

Your right our owner is mental and therefore should have bought your lot, where the fans are equally insane.
  • Derek1952 said:

Whos next in line when Luzon gets SACKED.

Who is Standard's current manager, I mean coach?
  • Looson you are not welcome. You represent everything I hate about Katrien and Duchalet. I wish you failure so that the price of Charlton falls and the mad network sells up to proper people.
  • cfgs said:

Can you now be considered the Leeds of the South? Both of your chairmen seem absolutely mental.

Your right our owner is mental and therefore should have bought your lot, where the fans are equally insane.
    Not sure I could handle having a chairman called Roland. I'd always be expecting a Kevin to turn up somewhere.

• Best of luck Mr Luzon, I think you're going to need it.

As a manager his record, on paper, doesn't look that bad. A 40+% win rate is not something easily found for clubs below the premiership (arguably top half clubs/ top 6). The manner of his appointment seems to have soured fans towards him much like Riga last year.

If he can get a positive vibe going back at The Valley then I'm sure he will do ok, I just hope Roland doesn't ruin it again if we get a good thing going.
  • Needs to be allowed to bring in at least two quality players in this window by Roland otherwise it will all end in tears again.
    Good luck anyway Mr Luzon
  • Fuck Luzon and fuck Duchatelet. I've got a few months left on my season ticket and there is no way I'm travelling from Somerset to Charlton every Saturday whilst this twat is in charge of the club. After this season, it's over until we either get a change of policy in terms of proper investment and transfer dealings (including selection of manager's) or Duchatelet calls it quits and sells up. I've had a gut full.

We would have got relegated and gone into administration if that twat hadn't bought us.
    Roland out!!!!!

I don't agree with this appointment but he is here now and I want him to succeed

CoYR
    Personally I don't agree with that. It would do Slater and Jiminez no good to put the club in administration and it's likely we would have stayed up too as we would have kept Stephens and more importantly Yann. I firmly believe there would have been other offers.
    Although the evidence of the difficulty of getting buyers prior Jimminez & Slater buying and then Roland goes against this.

Like players not playing, buyers not buying always seem better than those that did.
  • Needs to be allowed to bring in at least two quality players in this window by Roland otherwise it will all end in tears again.
    Good luck anyway Mr Luzon

Surely knowing that Simon Church is staying put is like having a new player anyway?

• Enjoy your 1 year contract Guy, as Katrien said we need someone to come in and over a period of years build our Club.
  • kentred2 said:

Looson you are not welcome. You represent everything I hate about Katrien and Duchalet. I wish you failure so that the price of Charlton falls and the mad network sells up to proper people.

Behave yourself.
  • Sponsored links:

• The honeymoon period can last up until the team are announced for the Watford game, from that point it's down to business, and if we lose it will be down to Guy Luzon. if he takes the job he can take the praise, and he can take the flack too.

Or can he?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrpG8mMVa3Y
  • Would you have been so impatient if CP had lost his first game in charge?
  • Would you have been so impatient if CP had lost his first game in charge?

I absolutely respect your question.
    I was gutted when CP left, but we were urged to 'move on', which I did.
    So we have moved on to a different scenario now compared to CP's appointment, and my level of patience has moved on also.
    It has been RD's decision to have four managers in charge within 12 months. If I am expected to be patient with every one of them then we could well have five managers a year, each being allowed ten games 'slack', and hey presto each manager can be regularly replaced when results are mediocre, and I am expected to put up with it.

The landscape now is different to the landscape when Powell replaced Parkinson, in my view we are not in the commonplace routine when a new manager starts the job, and bereft of many other reasons to get behind Luzon I will settle for wins, and eighty points.
  • seth plum said:

Would you have been so impatient if CP had lost his first game in charge?

I absolutely respect your question.
    I was gutted when CP left, but we were urged to 'move on', which I did.
    So we have moved on to a different scenario now compared to CP's appointment, and my level of patience has moved on also.
    It has been RD's decision to have four managers in charge within 12 months. If I am expected to be patient with every one of them then we could well have five managers a year, each being allowed ten games 'slack', and hey presto each manager can be regularly replaced when results are mediocre, and I am expected to put up with it.

The landscape now is different to the landscape when Powell replaced Parkinson, in my view we are not in the commonplace routine when a new manager starts the job, and bereft of many other reasons to get behind Luzon I will settle for wins, and eighty points.
    But you began your support of Riga on 10% and he was regarded as a success in his time here. I thought you would have come round since then.

I can completely understand the frustration towards RD but Luzon should start with the fans on a clean slate. If he's an improvement on BP, then the change of manager is a good thing.

And 80 points???? i thought you was actually joking on the other thread. Have you seen our squad???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!...Mourinho wouldn't get near 80 points with it. A ridiculous expectation.
  • I did begin on 10% with Riga, and for what it is worth reported my growing support during his tenure. I really was trying to get involved with the positives at that time.
    I know my 80 points is provocative, but what ought to be the expectation under the RD regime?
    The stance RD is taking is that he is appointing the 'right' manager(s) and he is saying that the recent points total from Bob Peeters isn't good enough, what then is the points expectation from RD do you reckon?
    My view is that Guy Luzon has been put here to get wins and points, and I have decided to set the bar pretty high in order to maintain my interest.
  • edited January 2015
    seth plum said:

I did begin on 10% with Riga, and for what it is worth reported my growing support during his tenure. I really was trying to get involved with the positives at that time.
    I know my 80 points is provocative, but what ought to be the expectation under the RD regime?
    The stance RD is taking is that he is appointing the 'right' manager(s) and he is saying that the recent points total from Bob Peeters isn't good enough, what then is the points expectation from RD do you reckon?
    My view is that Guy Luzon has been put here to get wins and points, and I have decided to set the bar pretty high in order to maintain my interest.

I would say the expectation is around 55 points.

BP has us currently on 31 points, so he was well on course, however the dip in form and reports of staff and player unrest was the reason he went.

I will take mid-table under Luzon all day long for this season.
  • Well I certainly agree that Bob Peeters was well on course for 55 points. It has been announced that the dip in form was the reason he went (staff and player unrest remain a matter for speculation), so one would expect that Mr Duchatelet has appointed Guy Luzon to get more points than Bob Peeters was on course for, not to get the same amount.
    It then remains a debate as to how many. I hear what you say about taking mid table all day long this season under Luzon, but I find that difficult to buy into.
    I find it difficult because such mediocrity will strengthen my suspicion that there is a lack of ambition for our club, and network manoeuvrings are really the priority, with our stadium and our quaint fans as a decorative backdrop.
  • seth plum said:

Well I certainly agree that Bob Peeters was well on course for 55 points. It has been announced that the dip in form was the reason he went (staff and player unrest remain a matter for speculation), so one would expect that Mr Duchatelet has appointed Guy Luzon to get more points than Bob Peeters was on course for, not to get the same amount.
    It then remains a debate as to how many. I hear what you say about taking mid table all day long this season under Luzon, but I find that difficult to buy into.
    I find it difficult because such mediocrity will strengthen my suspicion that there is a lack of ambition for our club, and network manoeuvrings are really the priority, with our stadium and our quaint fans as a decorative backdrop.

Rewind 12 months. Mid-table obscurity and financial stability was a world away.
  • seth plum said:

Well I certainly agree that Bob Peeters was well on course for 55 points. It has been announced that the dip in form was the reason he went (staff and player unrest remain a matter for speculation), so one would expect that Mr Duchatelet has appointed Guy Luzon to get more points than Bob Peeters was on course for, not to get the same amount.

Are we financially stable? We continue to lose Mr Duchatelet's money day by day I believe.
    Mid table obscurity was indeed a seemingly forlorn hope a year ago. However it is a depressing prospect now to have mid table obscurity as the limit of our ambition. If we only drop 14 points in our remaining 21 games we get 80 points, is it so bad to hope for that, and to be annoyed if we don't get them?
    Lose 4, draw 1 and win 16 and we're there. At least that is a target to aim for, if you aim for mid table obscurity you're more likely to be flirting with relegation.
    So I say to Guy Luzon if you are such a grand fromage, deliver.
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Are we financially stable? We continue to lose Mr Duchatelet's money day by day I believe.
    Mid table obscurity was indeed a seemingly forlorn hope a year ago. However it is a depressing prospect now to have mid table obscurity as the limit of our ambition. If we only drop 14 points in our remaining 21 games we get 80 points, is it so bad to hope for that, and to be annoyed if we don't get them?
    Lose 4, draw 1 and win 16 and we're there. At least that is a target to aim for, if you aim for mid table obscurity you're more likely to be flirting with relegation.
    Win 16 of our last 21 games?

Without significant squad strengthening over the next couple of weeks, thats just not gonna happen.

And it wont be down to Luzon.
  • seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Win 16 of our last 21 games?

Without significant squad strengthening over the next couple of weeks, thats just not gonna happen.

And it wont be down to Luzon.
    So we can agree there might be a way to do it as in 'significant squad strengthening over the next couple of weeks'. If it isn't going to happen it won't be down to Luzon, and if we get success with significant squad strengthening it could be argued that wouldn't be down to Luzon either.
    So if you change managers without squad strengthening, the onus in on the new bloke to do better than the last bloke with the same resources. So I expect Luzon to do better, and I am not particularly minded to be coldly realistic in my expectations, and even if 80 points is unrealistic it is doable. When we're losing 0-2 away with 8 minutes to go, part of me still wants a 3-2 win however unrealistic that may seem.

• iaitch said:

Fuck Luzon and fuck Duchatelet. I've got a few months left on my season ticket and there is no way I'm travelling from Somerset to Charlton every Saturday whilst this twat is in charge of the club. After this season, it's over until we either get a change of policy in terms of proper investment and transfer dealings (including selection of manager's) or Duchatelet calls it quits and sells up. I've had a gut full.

Suppose Luzon turns it round and we got promoted? We can't predict the future and know how things will turn out. A few months ago after a good start to the season Bob was the man who was taking us to great places and now he's gone.

Why is everyone so dramatic, we've had changes of managers, directors, players etc in the past and the club is still here.
    I thought I was pretty clear. I wont be investing in this current regime any longer. I still have a few pages of my Season Ticket left, once that's done, I'm done.

• seth plum said:

The honeymoon period can last up until the team are announced for the Watford game, from that point it's down to business, and if we lose it will be down to Guy Luzon. if he takes the job he can take the praise, and he can take the flack too.

Or can he?

Christ he comes across a total **** here
  • edited January 2015
    Kap10 said:

Fuck Luzon and fuck Duchatelet. I've got a few months left on my season ticket and there is no way I'm travelling from Somerset to Charlton every Saturday whilst this twat is in charge of the club. After this season, it's over until we either get a change of policy in terms of proper investment and transfer dealings (including selection of manager's) or Duchatelet calls it quits and sells up. I've had a gut full.

We would have got relegated and gone into administration if that twat hadn't bought us.
    Roland out!!!!!

I don't agree with this appointment but he is here now and I want him to succeed

CoYR
    Personally I don't agree with that. It would do Slater and Jiminez no good to put the club in administration and it's likely we would have stayed up too as we would have kept Stephens and more importantly Yann. I firmly believe there would have been other offers.
    Although the evidence of the difficulty of getting buyers prior Jimminez & Slater buying and then Roland goes against this.

Like players not playing, buyers not buying always seem better than those that did.
    Firstly, when Slater and Jiminez took over we were a League One club. Certainly there will be more interest in a Championship club. Secondly we already know that Josh Harris was a potential buyer, so that shows there was more than just Duchatelet interested. It's also a fact that from the point we were 'put on the market' to the time when Duchatelet took over wasn't actually a very long time and we had already had the interest of two parties. More patience and I believe that another potential suitor would have appeared.
  • seth plum said:

I did begin on 10% with Riga, and for what it is worth reported my growing support during his tenure. I really was trying to get involved with the positives at that time.

BP has us currently on 31 points, so he was well on course, however the dip in form and reports of staff and player unrest was the reason he went.

Just out of interest, the year we finished 9th, two years ago, 55 points was enough to avoid relegation by a point.
  • Leuth said:

seth plum said:

The honeymoon period can last up until the team are announced for the Watford game, from that point it's down to business, and if we lose it will be down to Guy Luzon. if he takes the job he can take the praise, and he can take the flack too.

Or can he?

Christ he comes across a total **** here
    My god..
  • Uboat said:

seth plum said:

Just out of interest, the year we finished 9th, two years ago, 55 points was enough to avoid relegation by a point.
    Wasn't that a freak year points wise?
  • Uboat said:

seth plum said:

Wasn't that a freak year points wise?
    Yes, teams went down with more points than usual, and others finished high up with less points than would usually be required.
  • edited January 2015

Nothing we can do about it now only thing we can do is get behind our new manager and support in anyway we can.

I'm sure if you bring success, stability to this club you get the fans behind you,although you are starting with lack of support a couple of wins can change that- Riga walked in with a far worse welcome you have .. And look how he left.

Respect the club its fans its foundation and get the results and take to the Premier league .. a lot to ask but it seems that what you are expected to do.

There have been many managers that came into the English game unknown e.g. Pottichino,Osac Garcia , Jose Riga to name a few and have done reasonably well particularly Oscar Garcia get into the play-off semi-final with Brighton.

This is the only strength I'm can get from getting behind our new unknownman and my club hopefully you can pick up some points to get back on track for the play-offs.

I'm one of the ones who was most against your appointment but I do not want you to fail Good luck mate I hope you turn the fortunes of the club around and serve me along with a few others a fat slice of humble pie.

Jimmy.

This must be the quickest u turn by a Charlton fan in history !

Well done on coming round so soon.