Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Welcome Guy Luzon

Nothing we can do about it now only thing we can do is get behind our new manager and support in anyway we can.

I'm sure if you bring success, stability to this club you get the fans behind you,although you are starting with lack of support a couple of wins can change that- Riga walked in with a far worse welcome you have .. And look how he left.

Respect the club its fans its foundation and get the results and take to the Premier league .. a lot to ask but it seems that what you are expected to do.

There have been many managers that came into the English game unknown e.g. Pottichino,Osac Garcia , Jose Riga to name a few and have done reasonably well particularly Oscar Garcia get into the play-off semi-final with Brighton.

This is the only strength I'm can get from getting behind our new unknownman and my club hopefully you can pick up some points to get back on track for the play-offs.

I'm one of the ones who was most against your appointment but I do not want you to fail Good luck mate I hope you turn the fortunes of the club around and serve me along with a few others a fat slice of humble pie.

Jimmy.

Comments

• You're a puppet Luzon, nothing else
  • Whos next in line when Luzon gets SACKED.
  • J BLOCK said:

You're a puppet Luzon, nothing else

Can't you chuck that comment somewhere else? Trying to be positive here and get people behind him..only way we can move forward.

This. Good luck GL.

• Before Roland took over, there was not a load of prospective owners willing to buy us. He has bought us and improved certain areas of the club, it's not perfect
    but better than the previous regime who had run out of money.
    I will be getting behind the team and the new manager by going to the valley as always, win or lose.
  • Nothing we can do about it now only thing we can do is get behind our new manager and support in anyway we can.

I'm sure if you bring success, stability to this club you get the fans behind you,although you are starting with lack of support a couple of wins can change that- Riga walked in with a far worse welcome you have .. And look how he left.

Respect the club its fans its foundation and get the results and take to the Premier league .. a lot to ask but it seems that what you are expected to do.

There have been many managers that came into the English game unknown e.g. Pottichino,Osac Garcia , Jose Riga to name a few and have done reasonably well particularly Oscar Garcia get into the play-off semi-final with Brighton.

This is the only strength I'm can get from getting behind our new unknownman and my club hopefully you can pick up some points to get back on track for the play-offs.

I'm one of the ones who was most against your appointment but I do not want you to fail Good luck mate I hope you turn the fortunes of the club around and serve me along with a few others a fat slice of humble pie.

Jimmy.

3 hours ago if Luzon was appointed you were giving your season ticket away and never attending another match as long as RD was owner........I'm struggling to understand this swing.
    If you actually read what I said:

I'm one of the ones who was most against your appointment

Nothing we can do about it now only thing we can do is get behind our new manager and support in anyway we can.

It clearly shows im putting my peRsonal angrish to one side to do the ONLY thing that can help ... Support.
  • Give him a truss, that is a good support!
  • Sponsored links:

• Derek1952 said:

Whos next in line when Luzon gets SACKED.

Bob Petters.
  • Tut Tut Tut - what has the world of football come too. it is like Rolland has a shelf of people that are on the pay roll and they are being thrown at CAFC just so he isnt waisting wages on people doing nothing!

When will he learn that the standard needed in the championship is more ALLOT more than in Belgium. if you are shit a Leige guess what!

Mental!

This guy will probably do well to the end of the season, then will be shite next season and replaced. (you heard it here first) this isnt a long term fix!
  • I will give him my support, as I wan't him to succeed with us. It really does feel like our club is being converted into this though:

• peRsonal angrish is not to be taken lightly let me tell you
  • Derek1952 said:

Alcorcon are doing ok, maybe we'll get their manager
  • All I can say too him is good luck you'll need it.

• I'll support the team not the head coach.
  • He will be a sensation. Masicat always right.
  • I am pleased with the appointment.

I was never going to get SCP back.

Curbs would have been my first choice, but has been out a while and I am not sure he would have ever been able to work for RD terms.

Did not want Riga, would have loathed Dougie and the rest uninspiring. Mathews lacks exp etc etc. So, all in all, worth giving this chap a chance.

The most important factor in all of this will be the support RD gives him in the transfer market.

• Fuck Luzon and fuck Duchatelet. I've got a few months left on my season ticket and there is no way I'm travelling from Somerset to Charlton every Saturday whilst this twat is in charge of the club. After this season, it's over until we either get a change of policy in terms of proper investment and transfer dealings (including selection of manager's) or Duchatelet calls it quits and sells up. I've had a gut full.

We would have got relegated and gone into administration if that twat hadn't bought us.
    Roland out!!!!!

I don't agree with this appointment but he is here now and I want him to succeed

CoYR
  • Sponsored links:

• Fuck Luzon and fuck Duchatelet. I've got a few months left on my season ticket and there is no way I'm travelling from Somerset to Charlton every Saturday whilst this twat is in charge of the club. After this season, it's over until we either get a change of policy in terms of proper investment and transfer dealings (including selection of manager's) or Duchatelet calls it quits and sells up. I've had a gut full.

We would have got relegated and gone into administration if that twat hadn't bought us.
    Roland out!!!!!

I don't agree with this appointment but he is here now and I want him to succeed

CoYR
    WCA does have a point though!
  • edited January 2015
    Christ can we just combine all the RD out Luzon out give me my Charlton back threads into one easy to ignore read thread?

I respect CBB for his willingness to review his pre-appointment position and make the decision to continue supporting his club. And no, I am not taking the piss.
  • The fact remains that on previous evidence, Luzon is here until the end of the season at minimum, and that Roland does not and will not bend in the face of anything less than a fans' riot, which is not going to happen here any time soon. The ONLY thing we can do is support the team and the players. The last manager to come here with a poor reputation and an underwhelming record was Riga, and he ended up with many fans wanting him to stay full time.

I do not like this appointment, I do not approve, and frankly Roland and everyone he has bought in has the rest of this season to do something truly spectacular if I am to even contemplate renewing the season ticket. But this season I will be there in rain or snow, come what may, doing what I can to support these players.
  • I'll back him 100% as I would any manager but can't say I'm happy.

Learn from your mistakes RD and stop taking us fans for mugs.
  • edited January 2015

Fuck Luzon and fuck Duchatelet. I've got a few months left on my season ticket and there is no way I'm travelling from Somerset to Charlton every Saturday whilst this twat is in charge of the club. After this season, it's over until we either get a change of policy in terms of proper investment and transfer dealings (including selection of manager's) or Duchatelet calls it quits and sells up. I've had a gut full.

Roland out!!!!!

CoYR
    Personally I don't agree with that. It would do Slater and Jiminez no good to put the club in administration and it's likely we would have stayed up too as we would have kept Stephens and more importantly Yann. I firmly believe there would have been other offers.
  • edited January 2015

I'll back him 100% as I would any manager but can't say I'm happy.

Learn from your mistakes RD and stop taking us fans for mugs.

The problem with that position, and please don't take this as a direct criticism because I will be doing largely the same thing, is it is easy to take us as mugs if we behave like mugs and I think it is quite easy to argue that anyone who says they are unhappy with Luzon or Duchatalet or whoever/whatever but keeps forking out for tickets/pies/replica shirts/player subscriptions etc etc is very much allowing themselves to be taken for a mug.

This is where it gets tough for a football fan. A lot of us don't just like Charlton Athletic FC, we love it, but when it's no longer what it should to be are you really helping anyone by blindly sticking by it? But understandably some, actually lots, will stick around and in fact we make it even harder on ourselves to walk away by creating this culture of 'loyal supporters' and 'you're not proper Charlton if you don't do x or y'.

When I still lived in England I liked to do my grocery shopping at Sainsbury's but if they had stopped stocking the food I liked I'd have stopped shopping there but that doesn't mean I'd stop supporting Charlton. Very few other businesses (maybe Apple) have the kind of brand loyalty football clubs enjoy, but unfortunately that makes football a perfect place for business owners who want to massage their ego and do shit they wouldn't get away with anywhere else without going out of business.

I understand the calls to give this latest chapter in the World Wide Waffle Web a bit of time to see how it actually goes, but I don't agree with people being told how they should support the club, because there is an argument to be made that those who take some kind of action, be it stopping financially supporting the business or protesting in the West Stand car park, are actually doing more good for the club long term than those who turn up to cheer on a hollow shell of a club on a Saturday.

A true friend will always be honest with you, even if you won't like what they have to say.

Suppose Luzon turns it round and we got promoted? We can't predict the future and know how things will turn out. A few months ago after a good start to the season Bob was the man who was taking us to great places and now he's gone.

Why is everyone so dramatic, we've had changes of managers, directors, players etc in the past and the club is still here.
  • Derek1952 said:

Alcorcon are doing ok, maybe we'll get their manager
    Sint-Truiden are even doing better...
  • I'd laugh if I knew anything about your new manager and if the reactions to his appointment weren't so tragic.

He may well turn out to be the next Eddie Howe. Then again, he might turn out to be the next Eddie Grant.

Can you now be considered the Leeds of the South? Both of your chairmen seem absolutely mental.
  • watford are the leeds of the south