Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

" I don't think you will find a Standard fan who can make you feel happy about Guy Luzon"

So writes Douglas de Coninck of "de Morgen" daily in Belgium in a Q&A with the Trust

We've put to him many of the questions, theories, and concerns raised here in the days since the rumour about Luzon coming here emerged last week.

It's his personal view (he is a Standard fan as well as a journalist) and you can make your own mind up. But it does not make for comfortable reading.

Comments

• edited January 2015
    Sounds like he has very similar flaws to Bob when it comes to tactics, rotation, lack of plan B...and he is not likely to stand up to Roland over anything.
  • Roland is clueless. He's clearly got serious paranoia issues that don't make for very good leadership skills. Which is worrying seeing as that is what he sees himself as
  • That reads like a horror script.
  • Here we go again.
  • Not only do we get the cast offs; unfit or unwanted players, but the managers too now.. beautiful.
  • Pretty damning interview. If our defence suffers as a result of this guy we really will be in the poo. Our defence has been one of our best areas for many games this season.
  • I hate Roland. I already hate Luzon. I'm beginning to even hate Katrien.

Charlton Athletic Football Club is not itself anymore.

Never mind, mate, at least you have been quoted in the substandard ;-)
  • Can we start at least another 5 threads all slagging off Luzon. The six we have already are certainly not enough.
  • Apart from all that he's alright
  • Sponsored links:

• Can we start at least another 5 threads all slagging off Luzon. The six we have already are certainly not enough.

Unfair.

It is the view of someone in Belgium.

We can agree or not agree but it is useful for the debate.
  • There is nothing remotely positive about that interview. Even letting Roland decide he should play 4-4-2. Bloody hell.

Unfair.

Could have been added to the debate on one of the other threads discussing Luzon ?

It's framed above my bed for whenever I get upset. Better go and have a look.

Unfair.

Could have been added to the debate on one of the other threads discussing Luzon ?

That's the Trust for you, trying to get their hit rate up : - )

If katrien wasn't pleasant on the eye I'd hate her too

Unfair.

The question would be, which thread? A lot of people might have missed it.

Douglas de Coninck is a professional journalist with a national daily, so he is trained to be objective and to seek out sources to validate (or otherwise) rumours.

On the other hand, he is a Standard fan, and wouldn't be human if that didn't colour his viewpoint.

So you can make your minds own minds up

But he surely knows more about Luzon, Standard and indeed RD than the rest of us put together.
  • I think it's worthy of it's own thread. Although we could check with Paulie.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh god

It's framed above my bed for whenever I get upset. Better go and have a look wank.
  • My takeaway from that:
    1) Peeters had to go - "1 win in 12 and you've lost authority"
    2) zonal marking at the "second (back) post" against Anderlecht in the title deciding play off game - ouch that hurts and I havent even watched the video!
    3) there's was a top squad built over time with different coaches
    4) "nothing is as unpredictable as RD transfer policy"
    5) "RD won't sell Liege because he likes the big stage" well get some quality players and have a taste of the FAPL!
    6) Douglas says Buyens made "a very rare appearance vs Anderlecht" but elsewhere I've seen Buyens appeared in 38 games for Liege or about half of their domestic and Europa league games. (no idea how well he played)

This final point is key for me because Luzon managed Buyens, Bulot and Ben Haim and if he got the best out of them then FFS get him in. On the other hand if these three can't stand the sight of Luzon then choosing someone else as the next head coach is a no-brainer.
  • Maybe Douglas de Coninck is SL's version of reamsofverse

Unfair.

The question would be, which thread? A lot of people might have missed it.

Douglas de Coninck is a professional journalist with a national daily, so he is trained to be objective and to seek out sources to validate (or otherwise) rumours.

On the other hand, he is a Standard fan, and wouldn't be human if that didn't colour his viewpoint.

So you can make your minds own minds up

But he surely knows more about Luzon, Standard and indeed RD than the rest of us put together.
    Yeah. Fair point.

That's our only hope.

Good point. There's always one keyboard warrior.

If katrien wasn't pleasant on the eye I'd hate her too

precisely