Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

No Freedman no ex-Palace please

I seriously couldn't take it, if Freedman was appointed.

That is all.

Comments

• Really can't see it being him.
  • That rules Matthews out then
  • Seems so out of left field.

He isn't' quite the Palace legend that Freedman is. Plus he hasn't managed them.
  • He would probably bring back Lennie.
  • I wouldn't want Freedman. Not because he is ex-Palace but because he's a terrible manager.

Spot on
  • Dowie?
  • If it was freedman then I think that would be my breaking point with RD
  • Sponsored links:

• If it was freedman then I think that would be my breaking point with RD

I think Roland would have a queue of people cancelling their season tickets.
  • I seriously couldn't take it, if Freedman was appointed.

That is all.

why is Freedman 7/2 in the betting.

Why has so much money been placed on him ?

Pardew ex Palace did not work
    Dowie ex Palace did not work

The CAFC fans need a lift.

Curbishley /Jackson dream ticket

• I seriously couldn't take it, if Freedman was appointed.

That is all.

Pardew - ex Charlton

Powell - ex Palace

Doesn't matter who the next manager played for or managed. Just matters that somehow they put together a team that gives everything and entertains us.
  • edited January 2015

That is all.

I can't fathom, but it's very worrying. That's why I thought I'd start a thread.

So if Katrien or any remaining CAFC staff of influence see this, then hopefully, they would think again.
  • But as lots of you say no network manager and now no palace manger Roland can't win....... Ps I would not want freeman
  • Simonsen said:

That is all.

Pardew - ex Charlton

Powell - ex Palace

Doesn't matter who the next manager played for or managed. Just matters that somehow they put together a team that gives everything and entertains us.
    Yes it does, if freedman came in that would tip me over the edge.
  • If freedman had been a success at Bolton, but was homesick and came back south(i know he's from scotland)
    Then the palace connection would not bother me.
    Just like Bob Peeters having his one season as a player with the millwall.(we are all allowed 1 mistake in life)

Powell by the way only played 3 times for the palace, and 244 for cafc.

If we now have an ex Palace Manager the Honeymoon would last about 10 Mins if we'nt winning,

Where Curb/JJ would last to the end of the season at least.

Do agree with Simonsen on the fact that we all want to be entertained, it's just
    that i want the next manager/coach to start in credit.
    Not have the crowd on his back before we reach H/T

• No freeman. No warnock.
    No no no
  • I don't think it's Charlton fans betting on Freedman to be fair, he was not mentioned on here as even a possibility before suddenly emerging as a rumoured candidate with ever-shortening odds - someone somewhere may have heard a rumour but I can't see it myself.
  • edited January 2015
    I thought I read on another thread that Lennie had lunch with KM before the game on Saturday and given his relationship as Freedman's mentor and no2 previously somebody adding 2+2 may have caused the surge in bets on the latter.
    Edit; Here you go http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/65764/former-charlton-players#latest see Swisdom's post four up from the bottom.
  • Sponsored links:

• A lot of money gone on this according to mate trading specials markets on the football, more worrying its coming from one area in Scotland. Went from 50/1 down to 3/1 in the space of an hour

Who is this Matthews guy I keep hearing about?
  • edited January 2015

That rules Matthews out then

Who is this Matthews guy I keep hearing about? Are there two of him?

Who is this Matthews guy I keep hearing about?
    Stanley Matthews the dizzard of the wribble.

And Powell
  • If freedman was to do a great job for us and pardew to send palace down, I think id be happy with that.
  • Freedman as a manager early on always came across as intelligent, plausible and persuasive, but his results record tell another story.
    It is a wonder as to why he is so low in the betting.
  • Freeman? No thanks. Not just because he is Palace but he did a crap job at Bolton so for that reason it's a no from me.
  • Not gonna happen. Can't believe how much credibility some of you attach to the bookies' odds. They panic and slash the odds as soon as a couple of people stick a tenner on the same bloke.
  • MrLargo said:

Not gonna happen. Can't believe how much credibility some of you attach to the bookies' odds. They panic and slash the odds as soon as a couple of people stick a tenner on the same bloke.

Hope so in this case LOOL