Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New VOTV article on Bob Peeters' dismissal

2»

Comments

• Stories of dressing room unrest and fights at the training ground make you think.this could well be more beneficial than from what any of us know or feel,

Thwere's enough people mooching around the training ground for no good reason for anything that happens to be widely publicised.

I go back to the fact that only a few weeks ago that Coq from Arsenal said CAFC was great.
  • @seriously_red‌

You claimed a few months back that our operating loss should have fallen to around £2m. As we now know, it didn't fall at all.

This appears to be a clear failure by the CEO to meet her KPI - at least the one you've assigned to her. She's had twice as long as Peeters. Why isn't RD being "clinical, precise, decisive," in "taking her out"?

I don't mind taking one for the team here and "taking her out"
  • It definitely happened mate there was a bust up between BP and a prominent player, the reports go from just arguing to members having a dust up
  • I think that their may have have been more than one bust up with more than one player...
  • I think you may be very right
  • Can you put some flesh on the bone please NLA?
  • Can you put some flesh on the bone please NLA?

He's got enough.
  • I got told by someone i trust and who would know that there was a big bust up with senior members of the squad and big bob, I put it down to normal training ground issues and nothing more, I then got told that it was more than that and was in fact detrimental to the team
  • As in someone got injured?
  • Assuming that's true then there are rules for one and not the other:

* The manager argues with the boss and the manager gets sacked

* The staff argue with the manager and the manager gets sacked

Manager loses both times.
  • Sponsored links:

• Once you lose the dressing room and the players are not playing for you that's the end.
    Perhaps the best thing has happened, we ll soon find out.
  • PL54 said:

Stories of dressing room unrest and fights at the training ground make you think.this could well be more beneficial than from what any of us know or feel,

Thwere's enough people mooching around the training ground for no good reason for anything that happens to be widely publicised.

I go back to the fact that only a few weeks ago that Coq from Arsenal said CAFC was great.
    And rumours of dressing room unrest were not on show that second half against Cardiff. I am sceptical of major unrest although I'd concede that certain players may well be unhappy at present.

• edited January 2015
    The scenario below happens at every football club.

If the players are not happy with the manager then the way to get him out is to not put a shift in on a matchday and watch the results suffer.

If they have gone out to do that then are just as bad, and unfair on the paying public.

As soon as the next bloke comes in results improve (more than they stay the same) as they need to prove a point that I'm good enough to get in the first team.

Brighton a recent example of the above.
  • shirty5 said:

If the players are not happy with the manager then the way to get him out is to not put a shift in on a matchday and watch the results suffer.

If they have gone out to do that then are just as bad, and unfair on the paying public.

As soon as the next bloke comes in results improve (more than they stay the same) as they need to prove a point that I'm good enough to get in the first team.

So how do you explain @LargeAddick's point above yours? That was a shift and a half. I've never seen a 10 man Charlton play like that.

I partly agree with you that some players bear some responsibility but I don't think its as black and white as you suggest. (Was Nick Pope 'not putting in a shift' ? Not in my view)
  • PL54 said:

Stories of dressing room unrest and fights at the training ground make you think.this could well be more beneficial than from what any of us know or feel,

And rumours of dressing room unrest were not on show that second half against Cardiff. I am sceptical of major unrest although I'd concede that certain players may well be unhappy at present.

It was great that second half against Cardiff but i felt the refs actions made the crowd and the players up their game 110%.
    I for one had not been that vocal and furious for ages at the Valley in that second half.

• shirty5 said:

So how do you explain @LargeAddick's point above yours? That was a shift and a half. I've never seen a 10 man Charlton play like that.

I partly agree with you that some players bear some responsibility but I don't think its as black and white as you suggest. (Was Nick Pope 'not putting in a shift' ? Not in my view)
    at the time it was suggested that there was a "disagreement" in the dressing room at half time v Cardiff with the players wanting to go 3 -4-2 and Bob not.

The players got there way and maybe tried harder to make a plan they had ownership of work.

We don't know if that is true but that was said at the time.
  • Not sure if it was aplayers revolt, but we went three at the back and Cardiff sat back to try and hold onto their lead.

• at the time it was suggested that there was a "disagreement" in the dressing room at half time v Cardiff with the players wanting to go 3 -4-2 and Bob not.

The players got there way and maybe tried harder to make a plan they had ownership of work.

We don't know if that is true but that was said at the time.

In that post match interview, Bob seemed to be a bit evasive when asked about the change of formation.

It appears to have been the players decision to play 3-4-2 .
    And not the manager's.

The players certainly came out fired up for that 2nd half - no doubt with a point to prove.

• Just been sacked by Lockern having just won away game this evening.
  • Gets out pop corn
  • Sponsored links:

• Third from bottom. Where some team called Standard Liege are rooted.
  • Third from bottom. Where some team called Standard Liege are rooted.

And Standard have not been relegated since 1921...