Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Swipe Card Entry System Coming to the Valley

124»

Comments

• doronron said:

we have been lagging behind a bit,i think they even have a card entry at the tool box

For over 10 years!

• doronron said:

we have been lagging behind a bit,i think they even have a card entry at the tool box

For over 10 years!

and stuwall has still not worked out who has his..!!
  • doronron said:

Don't they use lock picks and tools for jigging car doors to get in?
  • I hope this is not true. When I throw my season ticket at the manager in disgust after a poor performance it won't even reach him. At least with a chunky paper season ticket book it can give him a paper cut.

those swipe cards can be lethal .. credit card size .. sharpen the edges and skim the card at your target ((:>)
    They use them at Chelsea. The old Chelsea smile
  • edited November 2015
    buckshee said:

Does anyone know what's to stop some local herbert ripping that off on non match days.
    If you place your card on the back square, you don't have to scan your card under the laser.
    It works on a proximity chip, I was having trouble with my work pass and it turns out that my season ticket card was causing problems with it, as I keep them both in my wallet.

Not sure if the club have mentioned this.
  • Yep. Place your card on the black square & it works fine. Place it under the laser & it doesn't.

Please pass on, so we can get in the ground quicker :wink:
  • Yep. Place your card on the black square & it works fine. Place it under the laser & it doesn't.

Please pass on, so we can get in the ground quicker :wink:

hmmm, mine does the opposite, does not work on the square at all, but works after a couple goes on the laser.
  • Also, I posted this before, the new system doesn't seem to be able to differentiate between the different stands.

Mate of mine tried his Upper North season ticket on the Upper West turnstiles and it beeped him through.

(by the way, we did also have another valid ticket to use for the "right" stand, but just wanted to see what would happen)
  • I still cant work out if you are supposed to use the black square with the white pattern on, or just scan the laser. Works both ways (even if it is a bit slower).
  • Off_it said:

Also, I posted this before, the new system doesn't seem to be able to differentiate between the different stands.

Mate of mine tried his Upper North season ticket on the Upper West turnstiles and it beeped him through.

(by the way, we did also have another valid ticket to use for the "right" stand, but just wanted to see what would happen)

Perhaps all 5000 of us go in to the Covered End lower for the Ipswich game, that will create a good atmosphere.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's absolute tosh this new system, still won't accept my Oyster card.