Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Swipe Card Entry System Coming to the Valley

According to my sources*

So not all bad news

* it was in Voice of the Valley

Comments

• Surprised it wasn't introduced at the start of the season.
  • How will that work when they have a Kids For A quid game, or Football for a fiver?
  • Such a shame for those lovely friendly turnstile operators. Charm school .
  • Roland. Save your money mate for some talent on the pitch.
  • Would quite like it if RD actually started to invest in the football team actually playing on the pitch for a change.
  • Roland. Save your money mate for some talent on the pitch.

I would guess this is similar to the "no cost to the club" deals offered to the club before or it is calculated that savings in staff costs will cover installation costs.

But that's just my guess.

• That is good news, we can use them in Division one next Season.
  • That'll be a hell of a lot cheaper...

We'll only need to buy one machine to filter our attendance next season
  • Sponsored links:

• Moving forward, way to go RD!!
  • Tell them not to make too many of them, based on today's performance and remember...........

Most Charlton passes go astray !
  • I hope this is not true. When I throw my season ticket at the manager in disgust after a poor performance it won't even reach him. At least with a chunky paper season ticket book it can give him a paper cut.

those swipe cards can be lethal .. credit card size .. sharpen the edges and skim the card at your target ((:>)
  • Won't make much odds hardly anybody will be using them if the Belgium mob keeping offering up this crap.
  • After today's performance, they won't be able to move in the ticket office for boxes of unused swipe cards
  • Always a pleasure to see that improvements are used as a stick to beat the Belgians with. Long overdue this change, well done RD.
  • Fantastic a card without a credit check.
  • Sponsored links:

• Davo55 said:

If we get Newcastle in the cup, all the Barcodes will be able to swipe themselves through for free. Not thought through, is it Roly?

You're on fire tonight, Davo !

• Davo55 said:

If we get Newcastle in the cup, all the Barcodes will be able to swipe themselves through for free. Not thought through, is it Roly?

If I wasn't laughing I'd be crying Fanny.
  • Davo55 said:

Davo55 said:

If I wasn't laughing I'd be crying Fanny.
    That'd put the fire out !

• Won't make much odds hardly anybody will be using them if the Belgium mob keeping offering up this crap.

Probably the 2nd highest league position we've been in for 6 years but ok
  • I don't think I'd be able to trust my self with a card, much easier to snap in half than a booklet...
  • After a couple of postponements and an abandonment, we won't be able to have a thread about what game number it going to be.

Where will we be after another ten games though. We have won six games all season. Without investment and perhaps a change of Manager we are sinking like a stone. Watching Charlton is so predictable, waste goal scoring opportunities and then concede from a set piece, over and over again. We need at least another twenty one points, can anybody say they are confident of us getting them?

• dickplumb said:

Won't make much odds hardly anybody will be using them if the Belgium mob keeping offering up this crap.

Where will we be after another ten games though. We have won six games all season. Without investment and perhaps a change of Manager we are sinking like a stone. Watching Charlton is so predictable, waste goal scoring opportunities and then concede from a set piece, over and over again. We need at least another twenty one points, can anybody say they are confident of us getting them?

I'm not.

• It is a very good idea, more practical as well.

Saves tearing out the wrong coupon, entry into the ground will be quicker.

The down side is that some matchday staff will possibly lose their jobs. The club will be able to save some money through this which must be a consideration for them.

With a card I would like to think they may be able to operate discount schemes in the Club Shop for s/t holders etc etc

Lots of clubs already use swipe cards so why not us?