Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Players needed! Dulwich Hamlet Supporters vs Charlton Supporters, 21st Feb 10:30am KO Belair Park

2»

Comments

• I'd be up for this, but it's my bleedin; son's 8th birthday. Maybe he'll want to watch his old man play!
  • Get involved.

many of us did this years ago, you form new friendships, have great laughs and 10-15 years on i still see at games to chat / drink with dozens of people i played with in our Charlton supporters team.

Great days.

Some of us are still getting our breath back.
  • Get involved.

many of us did this years ago, you form new friendships, have great laughs and 10-15 years on i still see at games to chat / drink with dozens of people i played with in our Charlton supporters team.

Great days.

Some of us are still getting our breath back.
  • As founder CIFC member, I would say avoid at all costs........most of the players who come along are utter tools.......;-)
  • @church-lane I was trying to work out who you were, as soon as the red kit was mentioned it became clear!!

CIFC had our own mailing list which was full of the most inane squabbling, tedious jokes, wind-ups & banter - it was great!

Still all there in all it's glory @ https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CIFC/info
  • I would definitely be up for that, will pop on the FB group!

I'm shit though. Be warned. I'm equally good all across the pitch too!
  • edited January 2015
    it'll be almost exactly 10 years to the day since CIFC played at Dulwich Hamlet on their pitch, it was April 30th 2005. Think we were supposed to watch their 1st team play beforehand against Corinthian Casuals but I don't remember seeing the game, probably because of the amount of time we spent on the south circular getting there

Anyone remember the result?
  • Just polished up me old boots.................

• If you are absolutely stuck for players I know a Welsh striker who is desperate to play football, he can't get a game anywhere at the moment.

He's called simon if you're interested.
  • Oakster said:

@church-lane I was trying to work out who you were, as soon as the red kit was mentioned it became clear!!

CIFC had our own mailing list which was full of the most inane squabbling, tedious jokes, wind-ups & banter - it was great!

Still all there in all it's glory @ https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CIFC/info

G - I've still got all those mails archived somewhere. I'm sure if I dig them out, I'd realise once again what an utter bunch of retards we must have been (are!).

Rina - I think the DH game I was referring to was way before 2005.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks for the responses everyone, this is the roll call so far:

Possibles

Huskaris
    Elthamaddick
    The red robin
    supaclive

Yes's

CAFC Luke
    jints (13 is old enough!)
    Leuth
    mr se7
    agim
    LuckyReds

Counting the yes's only im still 3 or 4 players short. Ideally I need more then just 11 to cover ppl who too hungover to get to the game for 10.30. Keep the yes's comin!
  • Put me in as a definite Trev.
  • Updated:

Possibles

Huskaris
    Elthamaddick
    The red robin
    supaclive

Yes's

CAFC Luke
    Leuth
    mr se7
    agim
    LuckyReds
    The Red Robin
  • edited January 2015
    We played Dulwich twice 'back in the day', once in Catford (I got injured in the warm up!) where we were beaten and then again - as @rina‌ says - on the actual Dulwich Hamlet pitch after their last game of the season...we struggled to get numbers for that game (I had to draft in a mate who'd not kicked a ball in 15 years) and, again, we were beaten by 4 or 5 I think...

I'd love to get involved in this but will - hopefully - be on the last day of my half term break somewhere in the US.. Am very up for helping to get a CL team going again with a view to playing 2 or 3 games a year though if this is successful (can't commit to more than that..)

Cheers
  • I'm interested, but I haven't played any sport in about 4 years as I once done over my knee, so even though I'm only 24 I'll basically be playing walking football if selected! Left footed if that helps anything
  • We played Dulwich twice 'back in the day', once in Catford (I got injured in the warm up!) where we were beaten and then again - as @rina‌ says - on the actual Dulwich Hamlet pitch after their last game of the season...we struggled to get numbers for that game (I had to draft in a mate who'd not kicked a ball in 15 years) and, again, we were beaten by 4 or 5 I think...

I'd love to get involved in this but will - hopefully - be on the last day of my half term break somewhere in the US.. Am very up for helping to get a CL team going again with a view to playing 2 or 3 games a year though if this is successful (can't commit to more than that..)

Cheers

It was 0-0 up until the 70th minute. I was in goal. Oakey pulled a hammy, and as we had no subs went in goal, but couldnt move. We lost 4-0.
  • Popped you on there now Sam as a possible. Be great to see you at the game, all skills are welcome so there will be plenty of scope for walking football!

Possibles

Huskaris
    Elthamaddick
    The red robin
    supaclive
    sam3110

Yes's

CAFC Luke
    Leuth
    mr se7
    agim
    LuckyReds
  • Does anyone know a Belgian? I feel we should transfer our very own network player in minutes before the game and demand that they play 90 minutes.
  • edited January 2015
    What about some of those Russians who play "in our name"

Edit - and their birds
  • Another update, welcome to the team Dave21

Possibles

Huskaris
    Elthamaddick
    The red robin
    supaclive
    sam3110

Yes's

CAFC Luke
    Leuth
    mr se7
    agim
    LuckyReds
    Dave21
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCTrev said:

Another update, welcome to the team Dave21

Possibles

Huskaris
    Elthamaddick
    The red robin
    supaclive
    sam3110

Yes's

CAFC Luke
    Leuth
    mr se7
    agim
    LuckyReds
    Dave21

Count me in as a yes.
  • maybe available...
  • Thanks for the bump, want to keep this thread easy to see to keep interest going. Added WattsTheMatter.

Let me know if youre interested in playing so I can add you to the roll call.

Possibles

Huskaris
    Elthamaddick
    The red robin
    supaclive
    sam3110

Yes's

CAFC Luke
    Leuth
    mr se7
    agim