Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Players needed! Dulwich Hamlet Supporters vs Charlton Supporters, 21st Feb 10:30am KO Belair Park

edited January 2015 in General Charlton
I posted a few months ago regarding the existence of a Charlton supporters team, and if there wasn't one currently active, the possibility of me potentially cobbling together a team for a game.

Since then I have been in touch with the chap who runs the Dulwich Hamlet supporters team, and have now arranged a full 90minute game against them next month on the 21st. Ive got 5 Charlton fans already who have offered their services to play and Im looking for more to fill the squad. Any skill levels/ages/positions are welcome, and participation is free! Only requirement is a Charlton home shirt that youre happy to play football in.

The game will be played at Belair Park in Dulwich, and kicks off at 10.30am. The nearest train station is West Dulwich and there are changing room/shower facilities on site. Belair Park location and transport/parking details here: southwark.gov.uk/info/461/a_to_z_of_parks/1290/belair_park

Ive created a facebook event that you can add yourself to if you want to play: https://facebook.com/events/1498295910432283/?ref=2&ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming Join the event and then post a message on the event saying who you are and what your preferred playing position is.

Otherwise just post on the thread or PM me personally here if you want to play.

If we have a ton of ppl playing we can sort out some kind of subs/rotation system on the day to ensure everyone gets on the pitch.

You never know, if the interest and enthusiasm is there is could be the start of regular games against other supporters teams.

Cheers!

Comments

• Very, very tempted.
  • Well done for organising. My son would be interested in playing. He's 13 - is that too young?
  • Ooh, this sounds interesting! I'll be a freshly 28 year-old goalkeeper with left-sided (or central) midfield aspirations, should you need players in either position. (I play semi-regularly to a low 11-a-side level.) My CAFC home shirt is 11 years old and has Parker on the back, but nothing that a safety-pinned-on W and N can't solve.
  • edited January 2015
    @I_Saw_Semedo_Score‌ would be all over this
  • Just messaged you
  • ah they were the days.
  • I'm a keeper and would love to play........ just noticed it's a Wednesday morning so no can do. Real shame.
  • I hadn't seen that, sorry not possible in that case
  • It's a Saturday morning, because it's February the 21st, not January...
  • 21st is a Saturday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Get involved.

many of us did this years ago, you form new friendships, have great laughs and 10-15 years on i still see at games to chat / drink with dozens of people i played with in our Charlton supporters team.

Great days.
  • tempted by this, I see we don't have a game that day - international weekend?
  • You could always draft in a couple of Belgians if short on numbers.
  • tempted by this, I see we don't have a game that day - international weekend?

Wigan away?
  • Is Riscardo still 27? He could ref.
    I think we played them in the early days of CIFC over in Catford I think.
  • Dazzler21 said:

tempted by this, I see we don't have a game that day - international weekend?

Wigan away?
    Ah right, that's on the Friday night
  • Is Riscardo still 27? He could ref.
    I think we played them in the early days of CIFC over in Catford I think.

yep, that big ground on the one-way. Think its got a Goals in the corner now

• that's it - I think it used to bre a bank playing field. I played cricket there too. Not on the same day I might add.
  • @church-lane‌ it took my years to realise who you were on here. hope you are well mate
  • Sponsored links:

• good ta. (even) fatter but good.
  • Was the CIFC started up on Glynnes list days?
  • CIFC - Happy Days. Met some really good mates and had some great times.
  • Fumbluff said:

Was the CIFC started up on Glynnes list days?

Yes it was - Fella called Rick Baker got the ball rolling. I supplied a red kit (that I never got back!). Oakster, Charlton Charlie, PQ, Sarge, Big Jeff et al. We had some shit players at the start, got better and better as it went on (after I stopped playing I think). Scarfman supporting. We even had premiership football to watch....Happy days
  • Yeah I never played (expect I was shitter than you) but I did go once for some reason, pitch by Mottingham I think
  • I've messaged you @CAFCTrev‌
    Me and a mate want to play if there's room?
  • Thought this was a message from Bob when I saw 'Players needed!'

Tempted nonetheless.
  • I don't think my body would ever forgive me - although am looking at Vets football for the end of this season.
  • Yes I'm 27 ... And refereeing is for fools just ask Keith Hackett
  • If you get a chance to play do it. It's exactly what Smudge says. It's fun and you improve your Network